...life can be translucent

Menu

21 twice for job

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
As you know my jobs always seem to give me such worry.

iching career

what if i sent my cv out for various jobs in my field
21.4.6 24

I can go forward with this but it isn't really what I want.

what is the message i am not listening to?

63.5 to 36

I am danger of repeating the same mistakes over and over

What if i work on the sign business?

21.1.6 to 16

21.1 Some external forces will keep me from going forward

Thank you for any insights on this.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
what is the message i am not listening to?

63.5 to 36

"Make the smallest possible sacrifice." In fact, Sunnygirl, don't sacrifice at all. Sacrifice is not good for the soul and only leads to resentment!

There's some factor interfering with your plans. Hexagram 21.4 asks you to slowly chew through the obstacle until you can clearly see what that problem is. Could be a person is working against you or could be something entirely different, some other kind of obstacle.

Let it all come into view. This might take some time ... unfortunately.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
"Make the smallest possible sacrifice." In fact, Sunnygirl, don't sacrifice at all. Sacrifice is not good for the soul and only leads to resentment!

There's some factor interfering with your plans. Hexagram 21.4 asks you to slowly chew through the obstacle until you can clearly see what that problem is. Could be a person is working against you or could be something entirely different, some other kind of obstacle.

Let it all come into view. This might take some time ... unfortunately.

Thank you so much for your insight on these casts. I always take 21.6 to mean that I am not listening to something so I recast asking what that something is.

I did a cast on what obstacles I need to overcome in 24.4 and got

10.3.4 to 9

Think carefully about what I really want before going forward. I'm not ready to make this move yet.

It is amazing how much I am willing to sacrifice.

I applied to a place where I used to work and I get a call for an interview as my friend was doing the hiring.

I thought this would be an easy thing just go through the formalities and it would be a done deal but she told me what project it would be.

After we hung up I thought I hated that project and really don't want to work on it. But between then and the interview time I talked myself into taking the job if they offered it. How sad is that!

Fortunate for me in a way, there were 2 other people interviewing that I didn't know and they didn't like me so I didn't get the offer. Here I am feeling down about not getting the offer on a job I really didn't want.

I do need to get to the bottom of this. I'm probably still a little raw from having the nervous breakdown and getting fired on Monday.
:bows:

Last edited:

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
21 21 and more 21

I think the yi is shouting at me 21 21 21!

I did some casts this morning.

what should i be focusing on now

14.2.3 to 21

should i just stick with current vocation for now?

4.4 to 64

should i study up on current vocation before returning to work?

21.2.3 to 14

This is all I know. If I didn't do this career, I don't know what else I would do for money. I guess that is why I am willing to sacrifice because I am worried about finances.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
what should i be focusing on now

14.2.3 to 21

Are you sure you're feeling well enough to go back to work right now? There's something unknown in this situation, some kind of real obstacle that is not going to go away, and you need to bite through to understand what it is.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
should i just stick with current vocation for now?

4.4 to 64

I believe this is saying something like this: "With regard to your wanting to start again in a new field, please understand that you need to be more realistic."

However, Sunnygirl, looking at your other lines, I think for some reason there is an obstacle that needs to be dealt with first, before you can go back to work.

Line 14.2 has a relating hex of 30 and can sometimes be a directive to move from where you're living with the assistance of someone else -- or even with the assistance of a credit card. Do you think that might apply to you at all? :)

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Are you sure you're feeling well enough to go back to work right now? There's something unknown in this situation, some kind of real obstacle that is not going to go away, and you need to bite through to understand what it is.

Thank you ginnie,

I don't know that I am well enough yet really. I am trying to relax but finances are in the back of my mind nagging at me.

The obstacle that was a large part of the nervous breakdown was my son being arrested. That still has not been resolved and won't be for awhile.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
I believe this is saying something like this: "With regard to your wanting to start again in a new field, please understand that you need to be more realistic."

However, Sunnygirl, looking at your other lines, I think for some reason there is an obstacle that needs to be dealt with first, before you can go back to work.

Line 14.2 has a relating hex of 30 and can sometimes be a directive to move from where you're living with the assistance of someone else -- or even with the ass
istance of a credit card. Do you think that might apply to you at all? :)

Thank you ginnie.
Im not sure what you mean? My husband and I bought this house maybe 7 months ago. I don't know if there is such thing as a bad luck house but this one feels like it. It seems ever since we bought this house negative things have happened. We were robbed about 2 months after moving in too.

We are in no position to move anywhere.

I guess I have to be somewhat realistic for a new career because I have worked years at this one and it is mostly all I know. My husband and I are doing a sign business on the side and we are doing well at it so far but not near enough to quit our day jobs.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Now that you posted that, I see hexagram 14 as referring to your son. He is "the wealth you already possess." Close family members are often represented this way in the I Ching.

Your son's having been arrested is a legal situation, and hex 21 deals with legal situations and imprisonment; being detained.

Your son's situation is also detaining you. You will not be able to go forward right away with your own plans until his situation is cleared up.

14.2.3 > 21. Your son needs a lot of help. Do you have enough resources to help your son? It is important that you and your husband think about this question. This is the question you need to focus on.

21.2.3 > 14. Do you see how the 14 refers to your son and the 21 refers to his imprisonment and how you, as his mother, now must "bite through" and figure out what to do?

Biting through, this situation has caused you feel really sick -- but you are not going to be sick for long, Sunnygirl.

I know you called it a nervous breakdown but it would be better if you could think of it more like a case of food poisoning.

Life can indeed sometimes make us feel sick. It might be your own intense disappointment with your son's behavior -- when you learned about it -- that was the 'poison' that made you feel sick.

But it's temporary. That's the way I have always read the line 21.3.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you ginnie. :bows:

I see how the obstacle is about my son's incarceration as I definitely have been biting through figuring out what to do. It is true that as a mom I really can't go forward too much until his situation is resolved.

It has taken a lot of our resources to help him so far. We have scraped together every dime to get him a good attorney and to pay his bills and send a little money to him. Having the attorney really has made things better and a peace of mind. Knowing my son is dealing ok with jail is a relief too. Today I called our bank to get some help with our mortgage etc. That will be a relief to not have to worry about that for a few months too. Plus my husband still has a steady job.

There is an intense disappointment with what happened. The situation is so pointless and way beneath him.

So yes, I am biting through the problems step by step.

Losing my job is turning out to be a blessing in a way. I am feeling much better in general. My blood pressure is down to normal. I'm getting my house cleaned up which has been a wreck working so many hours and no energy to do anything.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Plus my husband still has a steady job.

thank goodness

There is an intense disappointment with what happened. The situation is so pointless and way beneath him.

I understand exactly how you feel.

But try not to frown upon your son.

You expected more from him, but realize that your own expectations are hurting you. He has some work to do on himself. That was in the cards for his life, so to speak. Now he'll get to do that work. He's lucky to have you for a mom. And you're lucky to have the I Ching for some good guidance ...

Losing my job is turning out to be a blessing in a way.

A blessing in disguise.

I know we were all raised to go out and work, but nothing might make your husband happier right now than to come home at the end of his workday to see that you're feeling pretty content ... and much healthier.

They say we benefit from giving that which we want most to receive. If you need reassurance, give reassurance.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).