...life can be translucent

Menu

Celtic Wheel of Moon phases and I Ching Trigrams

ilemacedonia

visitor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just found something interesting while I was doing researching in Celtics moon phases.
These are 8 Celtic moon phases (the Celtic Wheel):
View attachment 741

And here're I Ching trigrams arranged in circle:
View attachment 742

As you can see on the top of the wheels there's a Full moon and the Father trigram.
I can see similarity between this masculine, Yang Trigram and the energy of the Full moon. Those that are familiar with Moon Magic knows that there're strong energies in Nature in the times of the Full Moon which many magicians and sorcerers use to intent a change according to their will.
As we know the first Hexagram which is build by two Father trigrams is called "Creativity", which is also "Bringing something into Being", "Something is being borne, created". I know that a new Moon is maybe more appropriate for Creativity, but we need to remember that the Father trigram is a mature and has a strong influence, and is more appropriate to the "mature" Full Moon type of energy. While, the New Moon is maybe more appropriate for the trigrams of "younger brother/sister?!
There's for a certain some analogy and it is worth investigating.
I just found this so I'm looking forward for discussion in this direction.

Best,
Ile

meerkats64

visitor
Reaction score
thanks many will find that insightful

although new moon the chinese consider it most important phase for beginning of new chinese year & mei hua method applying celtic moon phases to sport predictions i will consider & see if its possible to do

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).