...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 24, all lines changing

maxthewoodman

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all - my first post so be gentle!

I am a long time user of the i Ching, but find myself a bit baffled by recent hexagrams and wondered if anyone could shed a bit of light for me please.
I have recently cast hexagram 24 several times in answer to a question of creative progress (I am an artist) - and have had all the lines moving in some, and lines 2,3,4,5 and 6 moving in another.
My understanding is that line 6 with this hexagram is in direct opposition to the other lines - in that the questioner is 'deluded' with this return, and will 'loose the way' - where as the other lines are all generally positive and at the very least pointing towards the way being 'open'.
Can someone give me any clues as to why I would recieve such contrary readings? - I take the ching advice seriously but am a little unsure how to interpret this advice.!
Thank you.
Max:)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
[What do I need for] creative progress?
24.1.2.3.4.5.6 > 44

24J suggests taking a new direction: "It furthers one to have somewhere to go." Line 6 emphasized the importance of timely action. 44J, focus on the big picture to find definiteness and clarity.

Art and Visual Perception, Rudolf Arnheim

A Method for Creative Design, Adolfo Best-Maugard

elias

visitor
Reaction score
According to some older sources (Master Yin and Chih Hsu) the initial 24-Return is substantially done with. Concentrate on the Resultant 44-Coming to Meet.

General indication of a very creative, if convulsive, time to be an artist as new influences come crashing into your sphere.

maxthewoodman

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply's - my query was based on my pushing ahead with a new project, and the likely hood of its success - can I assume then that the line six in this case indicates the completion of hex 24, and the next stage is hex 44?
Equally, the previous reading was 24 changing to hex 1.
Thanks

elias

visitor
Reaction score
Just looking at the big pictures, 24 is about returning to a well-trod cycle in your life. Whether you perceive this as positive or otherwise only you can know, though for an artist I suppose it could mean either the start of a new project or a return to a rut. Hex 24 changing to 1 looks like a pretty good sign for a new creative endeavor, imo.

Hexes emerge out of one another in ways not discernable in linear time. When does a bud cease to be a bud and become a blossom and then the fruit? When does the sketch become the drawing become the mature work suitable for framing?

I am of the school that says when all lines change, just look at the resultant, as the initial hexagram is yesterday's news. You might spend some time contemplating the lines of the initial hex as a means of self-improvement, but you've already moved into the new situation and need to deal with those forces - in the case of 44, of attractive, seductive, possibly disruptive-possibly creative things entering your life via unexpected pathways.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).