...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Interpreting 4 or more Changing lines?

Default Interpreting 4 or more Changing lines?

Hello everyone,
    this might sound a little silly. How do you interpret 4 or more changing lines?

Do you interpret the changing lines by:
    A) Read all changing lines on Primary Hex?
    B) Read the unchanging line(s) on Primary Hex?
    C) Read the unchanging line(s) on Resultant Hex?

I have read about multiple changing lines here: http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/learn/consult/mml.php

But with all choices to choose from, erm, which one to go with?

Would be lovely to hear your thoughts about this. THanks!

Tifa
    P.S: That's why Economists say.... Choices are bad.

sooo Guest

Possibility 1: The answer to your question is sequential.
    Possibility 2: The answers are prioritized.
    Possibility 3: The answer is conditional, therefore
    Possibility 4: there is more than one potential answer to your question,
    Possibility 5: or a combination of answers - depending upon your thoughts and actions.
    Possibility 6: The answer partly pertains to mental/emotional condition leading to the question, partly to how it objectively looks, and partly what is the best course of action or non-action. Sometimes it's helpful to do one thing (or line), and not to do another.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

tifa (December 21st, 2010)

Hi Tifa

There are lots of good methods to follow or plenty of other more freestyle ways to interpret multiple changing lines.

When I get a reading with multiple changing lines I sometimes try to make a story from them. There are lots of stories to make up, but one may be along these lines
    Line 1 - Where the seeds have grown from
    Line 2 - How it manifests now
    Line 3 - How it's playing on my emotions
    Line 4 - What do I make of it all
    Line 5 - How to go forward
    Line 6 - Where it's going to burst forth

Dealing with changing lines is to my mind a very personal thing. There is no right or wrong way. The Yi speaks to you how it speaks to you. Part of the fun is playing with it and see what works for you.

Be Well
    Mike

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to my_key For This Useful Post:

heylise (December 24th, 2010), itsyourlife (July 11th, 2012), luciliuz (August 10th, 2014), Princeji (January 17th, 2017), tifa (December 22nd, 2010), yarrowfield (January 14th, 2017)

when get a multiple lines reading , I see lines as spark plugs in an engine. sometimes the tell as tory , sometimes the contradict each other, so looking at them that way, observing each one as if it was the only changing one, I feel it let it free to unravel its meaning to me.

Once I got such a reading which I though was not really helpfull because i only could see YI reapiting my confusions in its own words. Was it useless ? nope, because it help me to short out things into my mind, see my confusions as an observer. that was the reading that transformed a complicate reading to simple sparks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

tifa (December 22nd, 2010)

Thank you for all your replies. Now it does makes sense to me.

Sounds to me,
    multiple moving lines is way complicated and deep-er than the movie, "Inception".

Default A disturbing thought

I find it very disturbing that everyone is giving so much importance to lines and words interpretations. I always find this the most tedious way of looking at I Ching.

First, there are 64 x 6 = 384 lines to interpret. And thousands more words to add to the work load. We are multiplying the complexity of I Ching rather than simplifying it.

Second, The complexity multiplies further if we + interpretations + translations + cultural differences + individuals + belief systems + religions + ...

It is not surprising at all that the progress of I Ching's knowledge remains stagnant after thousands of years. It still remains as a set of reading tools for some and a mystery for most. Whereas Science has transformed our whole civilization many times over, giving the same period of time.

I believe I Ching has the same potential to change civilization like Science; and should share the same status one day.

I feel sad for I Ching for not having a chance to realize its full potential.
    Last edited by wck6265; December 23rd, 2010 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wck6265 View Post
    I find it very disturbing that everyone is giving so much importance to lines and words interpretations. I always find this the most tedious ways of looking at I Ching.

Hi

can you elaborate the quoted part ? what to take into account and how you use Yi ?

Default The Scientific I Ching

Science simplifies complex problems to its most basic form; and then constructs complex solutions basing on the the basic principle derived.

A good example is I Ching itself as its whole structure is built on the basic concept of yin and yang. It has created 64 natural processes out of this basic principle to describe how the universe works. The writings are just descriptions of the 64 processes, and nothing more.

A good example is Kan 29. It is actually describing an underground water drainage system. This is a natural phenomenon. What about Li 30 ? It is about an adrenaline rush. Another perfectly natural phenomenon.

I Ching has given us a set of DNA blueprints for the 64 natural processes. It is up to us to manipulate these blueprints for our spiritual evolution. A more powerful view will be : to realize our fullest potential as an individual at first and then as a human being at large.
    Last edited by wck6265; December 23rd, 2010 at 03:07 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wck6265 For This Useful Post:

anemos (December 23rd, 2010), itsyourlife (July 11th, 2012)

thanks for your response.

I agree about the importance of the trigrams and I have find many answer when I focus on them , being the water and let it talk to me, being the earth, the mountain, and hear waht they "tell" me.

yet, I have some experience where a word or the position of the line hold significant info for me and helped me understand the reading. I'm not sure thought if you mean their are insignificant or not, hence my question to you.

If someone asked me " how you use Yi, what method do you follow" i would say " it depends"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

Princeji (January 17th, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by wck6265 View Post
    I find it very disturbing that everyone is giving so much importance to lines and words interpretations.
    I feel sad for I Ching for not having a chance to realize its full potential.
    I think "what the Yi is" and "consult the Yi" are two different things. It can be science, basic, no words, whatever you find the best way to see it. But for consulting you need more than its structure, you need words which tell you something. Or a picture.

I agree that natural phenomena are the best images for the hexagrams, but to know that image you need words. The trigram water - you know because you read, or someone told you, that this trigram is water.
    'There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.'
    < Leonard Cohen >

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast