...life can be translucent

Menu

My most important focus for the New Year

H

hebe

Hello to you all,

New Year approaching and time is fast approaching for my departure from home & job and yes, sorry to bring it up again, but it feels very charged now, my husband. I asked the I Ching what my most important focus should be in the New Year as I feel so overwhelmed by the so many aspects of loss right now - although I can find peace through meditation. It gave me 17 with line 6 moving to 25.

I have always liked 17 in my brief experience with the I Ching as it somehow gives me the feeling that I can relax in my not knowing and when I panic about not being clear (at all) about my next step, its like 'hey, that's ok, that's how you really can feel & not worry about it...) I cannot seem to make sense of line 6 though and by reading a few past threads it doesn't really get me much further. Does anyone have any ideas about it that could help me narrow down what my most imortant focus should be. 25 suggests that this is even more of the case of following synchronicity and going with the flow.

Would really appreciate some advice from you experienced people and happy new year!
Hebe

H

hebe

Thanks for that thread - so, from what I can gather there, it's still very much about following your natural instincts, synchronicities etc - but being aware that the way you do it, the quality with which you follow, your awareness... will be of equal importance to the following. Is that right? I can't get much real sense from the thread about going into the woods, finding them dark and deep and tempting, but on you go. Not sure how that relates to an everyday here & now reality when you are so unsure. I hope that I get a bit more from it as it was such an important question for me - if I can know what would the most advantageous focus be for me, then I'd do it. Or am I trying to be too controlling about it - which 17 is very much not!

gato

visitor
Reaction score
are you doing anything related to music?

anyway in my exp 17.6 is not an easy path. be very pragmatic and make adjustments

Last edited:
H

hebe

Thanks Gato... no, nothing related to music once I leave here - at the moment I am working as a housekeeper/hostess/B&B host at a large property that has classical music concerts & has serious classical musicians to stay on a 'retreat' where they can practice. I have no connections with music though - and in fact,although I love to listen to it, am not big on music really - preferring silence! The owners are being very supportive of me though in this transition & hope to help me in whatever way they can.

Not an easy path in your experience sounds a bit disappointing as I was hoping to find some anchor or hope to focus on.. but that's the way it goes. Not that I could expect it to be easy - just maybe my lesson is in those continual adjustments. Thanks again Gato. Hebe.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hello again . .

I was thinking about this . . to me it looks like your reading is saying it's up to you to decide what kind of thing -or attitude- you want to tie your anchor to . . what it will be falls to you, and it is a marker of both who you are now and what you will be after all this passes . .

you could think of it as the baggage you carry when you walk into your new place. You don't want to be dragging around stuff that will make your movements contrived or restricted, but you know you will have left overs that will do just that.
But it seems that the things we absent-mindedly allow to happen shape us as much as those we consciously choose to hold on to . . unconscious little habits, micro-patterns of our day, the way we keep our back straight or not, our gait, even our nails or our clothes, speaks of how we live and treat ourselves . . it's a step by step process how our lives get shaped, beside the big massive things that happen, it's also the everyday care of things that is equally important . . this is what your reading points to imo, to following your life in awareness of both and of where you want to take them next . .

I wish you all the best in the coming year dear hebe,
take care!

H

hebe

Now that makes more sense when I think about your words - that its a matter of taking responsibility - the real 'response' 'ability' ...responding to a situation with awareness of the absent-minded - automatic pilot stuff we do as well as the bigger choices. I think that the freedom of 17 - or at least that's how I see it, gives me the loose rein so that I don't panic right now thinking - help! I've got to take responsibilty but I don't know where to go or what to do - coz 17 is all about being open to synchronicities etc - but there is definitely, from what you are saying, an element of taking responsibility for the things I can take care of... letting go of emotions, baggage which I don't want, taking that turn which feels scary, opening up to advice & guidance, moving out of my comfort zone, being more 'out there' with others... all these are are elements of taking the charge that I think you are talking about - and that's a good focus - its ok, but keep your wits about you and don't sink because that's a choice that I do have. And I do want to let go of the old baggage - big time.

Just an aside here, yesterday I found myself in a place that was quite familiar but I had never found the circle of about 7 or so Giant Red Western Cedars and in I went. It was dark, it was deep, mysterious and absoloutly blissful. Freezing too! I stayed in there for a good hour or so, just being with their energy and finding such stillness & healing. It reminded me of the line from bamboo in the thread you sent of 17:6 'the woods are dark and deep... but you've got miles to go before you sleep,...ONWARD'. !

Thanks Rodaki...lovely to have your input and support. Hebe

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
you're welcomed hebe :hug:

I loved your 'response- ability' take -that hadn't occurred to me that way but it makes a lot of sense
. . and your woods experience sounds just wonderful! thanks for sharing . .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).