...life can be translucent

Menu

your more wise help with my reading please

carrie

visitor
Reaction score
It's a New Year and I want to go into it in the right frame of mind. Have been trying to hold onto a relationship(all on line - though we talk on the phone and have done for 3 years). It all stopped 4 months ago when he led me to believe he would visit and pulled out at the last minute. I did not blame him but he felt we should both move on since he was still not ready to meet me. I said it will happen in good time but he no longer responds to messages or emails. I miss him so much. However, I would move on if that is what is being told of me.

I asked about the future of our relationship and got 33 unchanging - retreat which is apt since he has definitely retreated. I guessed I then was being told to give up. However, reading lots of threads I see this is not necessarily negative. Ridiculously I still hold out hope - the intensity of the feeling is still there.

So again I asked a question.I asked will he return to me in 2011 and got hexagram 53 changing to 16 lines 3,4,5 and 6 changing. It seems postive even though I expected it to be negative. I am so confused. Do I start the year and try my best to forget him or do I hold out hope. Please help me - the interpretation of all these things are pretty difficult and not as the initial word of the hexagram seems to imply!

Many thanks.

elias

visitor
Reaction score
I asked will he return to me in 2011 and got hexagram 53 changing to 16 lines 3,4,5 and 6 changing. It seems postive even though I expected it to be negative. I am so confused. Do I start the year and try my best to forget him or do I hold out hope. Please help me - the interpretation of all these things are pretty difficult and not as the initial word of the hexagram seems to imply!

You're falling into several beginner's traps. IC tells you where are right now and projects a near future.

Asking long-term questions about issues in which you have a great emotional involvement, particularly in this season, can be more upsetting than illuminating. I'd recommend relaxing for a while, pondering the answers you've received, getting out and enjoying the holiday, rather than asking more questions, the answers to which will probably just confuse and frustrate you further.

For what it's worth, I'm rather old-school and look to the highest unchanging line to rule a reading with four changing. So...

53.2 = "Geese gradually proceed onto boulders, eating and drinking in peace and accord." For the moment you've reached a stable situation (though it may not feel like it...) "One refines the self until the proper time, emptying the mind so as to fill the belly; therefore one 'eats and drinks happily.'"

16 -- a confusing response indeed. "Joy" (or sometimes "Enthusiasm") does not come across as particularly joyful as you read into it. In the context of the other hexagram it also advises to let go of the situation and allow things to sort themselves out. Your involvement, your wanting an outcome, prevents the situation from evolving.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Carrie

I would disregard the second answer because in effect it is the same question disguised as something different. Many of us have a tendency to do that when we want something to be a certain way and hold out hope in spite of what has gone on before. Forget this relationship, and if by some chance he comes back, delightful, if not, well that is the answer you received, and it is for the best.

Gene

carrie

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you - it is clear whatever happens it will only happen when I let go. So I need to let go and he will either return or not which is actually common sense and what would happen anyway.

Thank you for your input and clarification.

Carrie

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
33 with no changing lines can indicate permanent retreat from a lifestyle that's not doing us any good at all.

Hex 33 is like putting ourselves on "Energy Saver." We let it go, and then we don't have to get angry or waste our emotions.

We also let it go because we're exhausted by the situation, or the problems connected with it.

It can also indicate a wonderful time to get away from it all and maybe take a vacation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).