...life can be translucent

Menu

12.4.5.6 - help with interpretation please!

maxthewoodman

visitor
Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me with this interpretation - I asked if it was a good thing to seperate from a partner and the difficult relationship situation and had the hex 12, with 4, 5, and 6 changing.
My lovely interpretation book (Stephen Karcher - total I ching) says of line 4 "there is a mandate in this obstruction" and says I should 'cultivate this situation" - line 5 and 6 are about the obstruction becoming a "cause to rejoice", and to 'let go fighting the obstruction as the obsticles and obstructions are disappearing"
Does this advice symbolise the outcome post seperation, or is the advice to stay with the relationship because the obstructions will disappear?

Any thoughts very much appreciated.:)
Max

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
12 simply means that you are not compatible with each other and it is likely that you will part your ways. That will give you some peace, as the gua changes to 2.

jfas

visitor
Reaction score
Thoughts only:

My 12.4 says: "Whatever is done in response to a command from on high cannot be a wrong. His companions are also made illustrious and blessed."

The other two changing lines indicate that the stagnation is coming to an end on its own. Given that the resulting hexagram is 2, the hexagram of non-action and waiting receptively, I would interpret it as you are not to be blamed if you want to take action, indeed if action is required here, however, things will also work out if you take no action.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).