...life can be translucent

Menu

Purpose of the Downhill Run

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Some time ago, when I used to post here regularly, I asked for help with various aspects of a life that was slowly sliding downhill: lack of a stable place to live [still the case]; inability to sell a house in a foreign country that is draining resources and emotion [still the case]; working in a place where there is tension and family conflict but also a lot of promise and room for creativity [still the case].

One thing changed this Winter in that I had to move to a very difficiult place to live on a mountaintop. The house I was in sold and this was the only thing available in the area. Hiking out in subzero weather nearly a mile to where my car is parked resulted in several bad falls in snow and ice, broken ribs and a bruised spine, and that has ultimately caused further serious illness, something for which there is no obvious cure nor limit.

It's been a long cold Winter and I've ended up ill in this remote house. I lie here, pray, meditate, try to think what there is to learn from all of this. It's just gradually, inexorably, taken hold. That kind of slide you can see happening and you know, sooner or later, you're going to hit hard. Then you bounce and hit hard again, and again. The tangible fall eventually followed the abstract one that had been happening for a couple years.

At first, I thought I wouldn't sustain much damage - physical or psychological, that I was succeeding in toughing it out. But the truth is home to roost and here I am staring at the ceiling when I'm not nauseated, in pain, or conferring with the doctor and accupuncturist. On the bright side, I still have a job although my income is badly suffering from this illness. I've kept up some work on computer from bed. Although my family squabbles like mad at the company they are a good family on the whole and I'm lucky to have them and fortunate that they continue to employ me, although on a more limited basis. My health is somewhat fragile anyway, but I have high hopes of beating off this current illness, and also hope it won't leave any lasting disability. Friends have stayed in touch and I know those who believe it matters are praying for my recovery. I'm not out, just flattened a bit.

Enough explanation, time for the casting. I asked the question -- How much further on this road until I begin to recover? I wasn't asking a time, so much as for an indication of where I am in this nebulous and prolonged process. And, just a note, when I ask that I'm asking about physical recovery of course, but that in connection with a tangible recovery on the various fronts of general stability, finances, work and the emotional drain that has been never ending. Because throughout these several chaotic years, one thing has seemed to mirror all the others. Mirrors within mirrors.

The answer: 55.1.4 becoming 15. My immediate reaction to Line one is that this situation has peaked, it won't get worse anyway. Line four seems to tell me, just go with the flow, that I can't change the situation, it will change in its own good time. Not what I was hoping for exactly. But Hex 15 sounds like coming to terms with it all, reaching level ground where there is something to rely upon anyway, and that maybe I can find a purpose in this somewhere. Not a reason most likely, but at least something worth learning.

I leave it open to Clarity friends to comment from there.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:rant: God :rant: I wrote along reply and this stupid site just lost it :rant:

In an nutshelll then I said ;

sorry you had such a bad winter

that hex 15 was often about realising its not all down to you (according to Hilary) Try to take the 'downslide' events less personally. In understanding its not all down to you, you can allow yourself a bit of space to allow others in to do their bit too.

hex 55, a profusion of events, considerations, ideas...its all too much. In 55.1 someone or something is offering you guidance and you need to connect with this for a time...to get out of the woods. 55.4 shows guidance from a person, or situation that you would not normally consider turning to. 55.1 can often show up around specific projects BTW, literally working with someone on something together. Can be personal 'work' as in just having the relationship. But it is a union where something is learned then moved on from. 55.4 is a bit of a gift i think...a gift given in the dark. You don't know exactly what it is or why it appeals but to connect with it is good

Overall it seems to be a message to quit believing the world is on your shoulders and share the burden. Lots of things that happened aren't personal...you don't have to carry them as personal. You might reconsider your version of the 'downhill run' ...it may be inaccurate in that it has you at the centre of it making a downhill trip. 15 says its actually not quite like that

This doesn't exactly answer your question...but it does suggest you have a look about to see who is offering you what because could be you overlook it right now because you place to much emphasis in independence. Overall i see the answer as asking you to remove yourself as a the main feature in the situation in your own mind...in your story of the unfolding of events you tell yourself

We see ourselves at the centre of our story naturally...but 15 can remind us its not all down to us...we can't do it all and right now it appears you need to take some help and guidance from others. Those lines in 55 make me feel this help/guidance from whatever source is certainly there, tangibly there. can you see it ?

I am furious I lost the long and detailed version of that but have nowhere to displace my anger :rant: :rant:

i think I'm getting over it

Sorry for repetition ...after spending so long on earlier post this one is rather rambled

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Some time ago, when I used to post here regularly, I asked for help with various aspects of a life that was slowly sliding downhill: lack of a stable place to live [still the case]; inability to sell a house in a foreign country that is draining resources and emotion [still the case]; working in a place where there is tension and family conflict but also a lot of promise and room for creativity [still the case].

I leave it open to Clarity friends to comment from there.

You need to rewrite that sentence mentally...because that story line is doing you no good. Your life cannot slide slowly downhill because your life is just your life (15) it can look like its going downhill when applying others standards which are often materialistic anyway

you are listing all things you see as negative and leaving out all the good stuff you have found along the way

Anyway Yi says your life is not sliding downhill Arabella, it never has and it never will...and Yi is never wrong !!! ;) It may be grim, painful, and challenging at times but it is not going down hill... the life force that is you burns same as ever...the sun just went behind the clouds is all that happened

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, sorry the first post got lost, but this one as a summary is very interesting. There are people who have been helpful, or tried to be, no question there. I'm trying to think about anything "in the dark" or a mysterious factor and at the minute that doesn't ring any bells. Something interesting though is that I also did a tarot casting with a professional who read for me a few days ago. His reading is almost identical to what you are saying, which really gives some credence to the thought that I need to accept guidance, assistance. From whom is not clear yet. I mean, my family and local friends are really kind, supportive, if I ask them for something they try. But much of this Winter I've been in a place where they would have had to put on crampons and use trekking poles to get up here. And they just can't do that. Nor can they hurry along my recovery.

One bit of guidance I received from a friend who came up after the latest snow melt to share a dinner with me, was that I shouldn't just move from here at the first moment now. Having survived the Winter, he believes I should stay on through the Spring and get some benefit of the place. I am literally at the top of the world here, can see for miles. People gasp at the view. It is inspiring in that way anyhow. But still a bit cold.

And it's a "profusion" of issues, as you say. The heating bill nearly sent me to the hospital. I've never seen a bill like that. And work has been more difficult, less lucrative. The accupuncturist told me that she thinks the bottom of the pile-up of issues is the house in France; if I could sell it that would be the end of a difficult era over there. Part of the illness, other than physical trauma, she felt, is frustration. That feels like a true statement. But, again, I have no control over anyone buying the house. In the meanwhile, it's an albatross. Who could help? Hmmm. Nobody I can think of.

OK. Trying to get more radical here. If I take me and my issues out of the centre and just respond to something else. It makes sense. Actually, when I think of it, I've been trying to do that. I've been offered a radio programme and agreed to do it. The illness has held me back, although I've got loads of ideas, which are all approved by the station, the interviews are set. In essence, I'm ready to go and it's also an inspiring possibility. But I've got to be able to get out of this bed to do it. Which is more frustration. I have help in some respect. That is, I have a cheering section. The same person who had dinner with me last week has done all he can to get me to take on the radio show. Even took me to meet the producer and sends strings of encouraging messages on this.

You're right, I am famous for independence. Even writing down problems and asking an opinion is difficult. I feel like any sensible person would know what to do. Unfortunately, in this case, it's been rather illusive and time to yell for help. Thanks Trojan. I'll read this a few more times and see where it takes me.:hug:

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
You need to rewrite that sentence mentally...because that story line is doing you no good. Your life cannot slide slowly downhill because your life is just your life (15) it can look like its going downhill when applying others standards which are often materialistic anyway

you are listing all things you see as negative and leaving out all the good stuff you have found along the way

Anyway Yi says your life is not sliding downhill Arabella, it never has and it never will...and Yi is never wrong !!! ;) It may be grim, painful, and challenging at times but it is not going down hill... the life force that is you burns same as ever...the sun just went behind the clouds is all that happened

Yes, I see what you are saying about this rubbish perspective. Not so bright, especially when I'm well aware what a mental image does -- or doesn't do -- toward positive progress. It's quite true, I'm not alone here in suffering through a very difficult winter. It is the first time in my life, though, that I've felt so alone I think. That I've wondered if I can handle it by myself. And part of that is physical pain, and also financial, no doubt. As you say, my material priorities have really changed as a result of all this. I'm having to think more basic, and find the fun in that wherever possible. Again, that's the age isn't it? The whole world is in this space. That is actually positive, having come to a place of emphasising the material far less and enjoying contact with other people I've missed seeing all Winter so much more -- because due to the weather and location of my home, their visits have been rare and my time off the mountain quite short -- having to be back at home each afternoon building a fire before the sun set around 3:30 or so. The Winter has put life's true priorities in sharp relief -- which is a great thing to be sure about.

I've learned from the primitive conditions where I am, that is certain. I can certainly value more any convenience that is available. And maybe I've realised there are some conditions in which being alone is a bridge too far. And maybe I see far more value in accepting guidance from people who tell me to expect less of myself than I have recently. If there are no answers, there are no answers. Enjoy what is there to enjoy and wait for another day.

I suppose part of the message is to try to ignore those things I don't control and to put what energy I can muster into the creative projects that have arisen to benefit the community, such as radio. That project focuses on music and children, which is a welcome diversion from where my mind has been the past couple years trying to dig out from under. So maybe, just go for that, push the rest to the side and rely on my dear friend who is so encouraging, take his help as a sign of better times and influences?

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
OK. Trying to get more radical here. If I take me and my issues out of the centre and just respond to something else. It makes sense. Actually, when I think of it, I've been trying to do that. I've been offered a radio programme and agreed to do it. The illness has held me back, although I've got loads of ideas, which are all approved by the station, the interviews are set. In essence, I'm ready to go and it's also an inspiring possibility. But I've go to be able to get out of this bed to do it. Which is more frustration. I have help in some respect. That is, I have a cheering section. The same person who had dinner with me last week has done all he can to get me to take on the radio show. Even took me to meet the producer and sends strings of encouraging messages on this.

You're right, I am famous for independence. Even writing down problems and asking an opinion is difficult. I feel like any sensible person would know what to do. Unfortunately, in his case, it's been rather illusive and time to yell for help. Thanks Trojan. I'll read this a few more times and see where it takes me.:hug:

Hmmm well this guy and the radio programme could certainly be the project in 55.1. But I should say the reading could all be taken less literally and more from an inner perspective, like an influence...but thats something you'd be able to see better than me. I have to say i find 55.1 is generally pretty tangible.

Heh you don't know what the 55.4 is yet because it is a 'hidden lord' not something obvious and I feel the 'lord' in 55.4 operates on a far more intangible level...could be a factor in your psychology that you've not been comfortable with turns around, reconnects with the rest of you, makes all that profusion easier to navigate . Could be something that was controlling or affecting you subconsciously becomes more of a conscious ally. Or could be an actual person, someone who doesn't immediately appear of interest to you, proves to be a helpful guide/friend/lover.

:D

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose part of the message is to try to ignore it all, to put what energy I can muster into the creative and projects that have arisen to benefit the community, such as radio. That project focuses on music and children, which is a welcome diversion from where my mind has been the past couple years trying to dig out from under. So maybe, just go for that, push the rest to the side and rely on my dear friend who is so encouraging, take his help as a sign of better times and influences?

Yes theres much potential for creativity in 55...with the help of the guys in 55.1 and 55.4... so do rely on your dear friend...he sounds very nice indeed ! Seems to me from what you've said the answer is pointing a big arrow at him.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
welcome back, sorry to hear about your falls... but let me tell that others would kill to stay there, on the top of the mountain, not comfortable i agree but...
how much ? 55->15 = not much ( 10 days??? )

ohhh, and i almost forgot :

Be not sad.
Be like the sun at midday.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Arabella. Wondered where you'd got to. Now we know: perched on a mountain top! lol

Can't add anything more after Trojan's advice other than to say that better times are ahead....

"Radio Arabella" has a nice ring to it lol. I'm sure you'll be wonderful. And yes DO learn to accept and ask for help - that's just as important as giving it and completes the circle, as it were.

Keep us posted.

take care

Topal

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
You're right Gato, about the locale. It is spectacular. At the end of Summer when I moved here, I never dreamed what it would be like in snow and ice, but I've learned a lot since about the great outdoors! Winter begins in October up here and the main heat is woodfire. I can build and light a woodfire now in the worst conditions, wet firewood, moldy, one match left. I had it to a science this Winter. It's something to realise the fine line of human survival, the couple of degrees in temperature between us and utter peril.

The bedroom/bathroom heat is electric and the price so high I wonder that we bother with electric in this country. But I used it anyway after a point, marveling how people in eras past could manage such cold with a hot water bottle or an extra pair of sox overnight? How did they walk for miles in clothing rags with who knows what for shoes? Unimaginable.

And then there are the groceries to bring up. I'd pass the local corner shop before starting the uphill trek and would stand inside, not wanting to leave the warmth and musing which items were most seriously needed, astonished how much a litre of milk weighs and how much room it took up in my backpack. Forget cleaning supplies and who needs magazines! I'd arrive home a few miles further on with my crushed bread and half frozen oranges and wonder how my ancestors managed all Winter with no corner shop at all?

And then there is the rubbish to dispose of -- in a bin a mile away. I burned everything that would ignite in the fire and packed the rest onto a sledge. My weekend entertainment. Taking out the garbage. Others I met while dragging the garbage away say that they simply throw the bin bags in the shed and let it freeze, worry about it in the Spring. But somehow that seemed like I was losing ground in the quest for normalcy?

From mid-November until late January, no one came to my home. No one. I don't have television or radio. Sometimes the internet works in the Winter, often not. There is little in the house, barebones, with most of what I own still in France except basic kitchen items, bedclothes, a CD player, a few favourite books and lamps. If the storms were intense, the electric flickered, lights were off for hours and no way to cook. Lots of time to think, to remember, to plan, to wonder, to learn how to make hot chocolate on an open fire. It's interesting for the first month, pitting yourself against the elements, and then it tends to feel like prison with no reprieve until Spring. I memorised some poems and a few prayers I like. What if there were no books some day?

After a December blizzard that closed the lane completely, i tried to focus on the outside to keep from feeling trapped, counted nine kinds of fowl in the garden, six gorgeous shades of rowan berries that they feasted on, carried in enough firewood for a century and stacked it up the stone walls. Every mountain is lower than this one and I can see down the valley for miles, the length of the river below the mountain and countless farms. It is a miracle vista when you come down to it. Especially in the snow the foxes and deer crisscrossing lower meadows stand out against white, vulnerable. How can anyone shoot them? What for? Christmas I spent alone with a baked potato, watching the animals, wondering how I always ate a turkey before this, a lot like the wild ones that gobble-gobbled and burrowed in amongst the pine branches.

Of course many would love to see it too -- but then they would four-wheel-drive their way to a restaurant or the movies or home for a pizza with friends How many could slow themselves down, spend the time alone here -- completely alone -- for months? That is difficult, believe me. No applause, thank you, I had no choice. This sort of tranquility and introspection are at complete odds with the modern lifestyle and priorities.

Your reading is truly helpful Gato in that it is so practical and concise, completely unlike my reply here. I always look forward to hearing your evaluation on castings. In the past you've hit the bulls' eye more often than not, and I am praying that an estimate of ten days is correct, because that would be a gift. Thank you too for the welcome after such a cold Winter, that is much appreciated too.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Arabella. Wondered where you'd got to. Now we know: perched on a mountain top! lol

Can't add anything more after Trojan's advice other than to say that better times are ahead....

"Radio Arabella" has a nice ring to it lol. I'm sure you'll be wonderful. And yes DO learn to accept and ask for help - that's just as important as giving it and completes the circle, as it were.

Keep us posted.

take care

Topal

Ah yes, dear Topal, I've missed a whole ton of your investigative articles and will have to catch up now that the internet seems to work most days. How have you been? I've checked now and again on the Gulf Stream filled with oil. Still all lies, isn't it?

I'm looking forward to the better times ahead -- and radio Arabella. Hahahahaha. Thanks for chiming in. :hug:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late, but I had to sleep on this.

How much further on this road until I begin to recover?
55.1.4 becoming 15

Reading the casting as I understand the hexagrams, the negatives in your life will lift when you obtain a leadership position consonant with your abilities.

55: domestic cares. You have an unsold house in France and a residence that is inaccessible and expensive to heat. Plus health concerns.
15: leadership. I know -- Modesty -- but all great leaders are humble and one with the persons they lead.

The "ruler" in lines 1 and 4 should be the organization that will give you the opportunity you need.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late, but I had to sleep on this.

How much further on this road until I begin to recover?
55.1.4 becoming 15

Reading the casting as I understand the hexagrams, the negatives in your life will lift when you obtain a leadership position consonant with your abilities.

55: domestic cares. You have an unsold house in France and a residence that is inaccessible and expensive to heat. Plus health concerns.
15: leadership. I know -- Modesty -- but all great leaders are humble and one with the persons they lead.

The "ruler" in lines 1 and 4 should be the organization that will give you the opportunity you need.

Ah,never fear, there is no such thing as "late" on issues that have endured a couple years already! I'm trying to absorb the import of what you are proposing here. I should probably sleep on this reading. It is so distinct.

How are you viewing this? Are the lines then possibilities for leadership? If so, it would have to be an unusual type because I just don't see that potential in front of me. At work there is endless jostling for who is the leader and I've just backed away from it and try to stick to my own knittin' if you know what I mean.

Maybe radio? This is more dear to my heart actually and it's been frustrating, holed up here in the bedroom waiting to get busy on that. But best case scenario, this is a hobby and something I would do out of love for the Arts [the first programme proposed is to do with music, Art, and the Art of living really] and for children [the other programme i proposed myself is to show children how to love prose and poetry].

The second idea is likely to be funded to a small extent, hopefully enough so that children who can't afford the books to read along with the programme will be given them gratis.

So far, I'm simply struggling to get there! If Gato is right, not too much further to go.

Otherwise, I don't know an organisation that would promote anything I can do. And radio is a volunteer job in a rural place like this.

Beyond that, as said to Trojan, I have a friend who supports and encourages me and promotes me as, he thinks, some kind of talent who needs a voice somewhere. Radio is his idea. HAHAHAHAHAHA. He doesn't know me that well, he is guessing there. He's right, it is exciting to think of making a difference for people here and encouraging the Arts and culture for children especially. But, half the time the live streaming service breaks down and here I am in bed. He's on holiday and will return to find his "protege" has achieved naught and is madly typing to Clarity friends for advice. I wonder what he'll make of that?

I have to think on this, as you did, Pocossin. Yours is a specific tack, very intriguing, but not obvious. How great to chat with you again. :)

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your winter, Arabella. I wondered what had happened to you. I hope all gets better. G:hug:od bless

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I've been looking more at the lines 55.1.4, following on what Pocossin is suggesting they might mean. LiSe has an interesting clarification in the yijing.nl for the hexagram 55, and both of those lines. In the overall she describes Hex 55 and its abundance as an abundance of challenge:

This hexagram seems a very good and prosperous one, but for Wu it was a time of the biggest hardships he had ever endured. It seemed as if everything worked against him. His father died, allies were difficult to find and difficult to convince, the weather was awful, and on top of all that an eclipse...[/B]

The broken arm mentioned is apparently a real one in the tale of hex 55, and the injured continues to fight, even in that condition. I think it's interesting LiSe entitles this hexagram: The Drums of Victory, because that acknowledges the battle, but also says there is a victorious outcome worth fighting for.

The other interesting image LiSe explains is that in the course of it all the original ruler [occupation? life focus? relationship?] dies and a new ruler arises. And, despite all tradition, nobody stops to mourn this, life goes on, in fact the army goes forward right away and even gathers allies who previously wouldn't have joined.

Here I can also see Pocossin's idea of choosing a worthy battle, leading something that uses all you have, and that gathers some comrades you don't even really know in a time when nothing is working and resources are nil. "Zhou attacked with the help of allies" and this was in a time "coming out of the drought of Winter." Wow, could the Yi have been any more explicit in handing me this hexagram to work out?

Maybe hexagram 55 and its profusion of images -- there are SO many and especially of war and styles of leadership-- is also about rising to a challenge because it is literally the only way out? And maybe that is also a foregone conclusion because hex 55 doen't really give an alternative either. And so Trojan says, the Yi promises it may be grim and painful -- but that is not to be confused with "downhill." It's not only good advice, but assurance of victory is quite literally what Hex 55 has to offer.

I'd still love to know about this "gift given in the dark" or in some mysterious way; to understand what I'm looking for. There is a real air of mystery to Hex 55 too, including the eclipse and how the rulers utilise that in the background story of this hexagram to convince followers of what they'd like them to magically "see" about the possibility of a new beginning, how they mold the perception of the eclipse to be something positive. Amazing that 55 just popped up there and generates ALL of this.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'd still love to know about this "gift given in the dark" or in some mysterious way; to understand what I'm looking for. There is a real air of mystery to Hex 55 too, including the eclipse and how the rulers utilise that in the background story of this hexagram to convince followers of what they'd like them to magically "see" about the possibility of a new beginning, how they mold the perception of the eclipse to be something positive. Amazing that 55 just popped up there and generates ALL of this.

Thats not the I Ching thats me yakking about the I Ching ....i felt I should remind you...you don't want you to get completely lost ;) . The text just says something like 'he meets his hidden lord, or his 'dark lord'

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
OK, I'm looking here in Wilhelm, "he meets his ruler who is of like kind." That's the closest I can find. Did they leave out a word or something? Anyway, "of like kind" is interesting in itself. A lot of this Hex is about forming an army of diverse elements who take on a common goal - become alike in that at least. I suppose there's no telling at all who/what a ruler of "like kind" can be. Although, Trojan, we had come to think my encouraging friend could be significant. One thing about the two of us: we are from the same place and both living abroad. In such a profusion of symbols though, I don't know that something so literal is important. Still looking for something tangible to hang my hat on, I suppose.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Gato, it just got through my very thick head: this is YOUR HEXAGRAM! "Be not sad, be like the sun at mid day." Which leaves me wondering why you picked it? Does that line just make your day, or was it the whole Hex 55 experience you had in mind?

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Gato, it just got through my very thick head: this is YOUR HEXAGRAM! "Be not sad, be like the sun at mid day." Which leaves me wondering why you picked it? Does that line just make your day, or was it the whole Hex 55 experience you had in mind?

Isn't your day brighter after you read the judgement on 55?? :)

p.s. you know, if you are dissecting your patient too much you might kill it .
you have asked when and yi answered 10 days along with modesty(15) .
you want more? or you are unhappy with the answer ?

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Isn't your day brighter after you read the judgement on 55?? :)

p.s. you know, if you are dissecting your patient too much you might kill it .
you have asked when and yi answered 10 days along with modesty(15) .
you want more? or you are unhappy with the answer ?

Oh yes, you can feel the sun shine when you read that, no quetion!

No I'm not in the least unhappy with your interpretation, it suits the bill just fine and gives me great encouragement. Thank you for that!

In addition to answer as to "when," other readers have focused on the conditions/factors/forces that might accompany a recovery and I also want to understand, as much as I can, what they are seeing and where they found their conviction. I think that's what it's all about, don't you? There is so much in the Yi and when you cast for any possible assistance as I did, you're asking for the tangible answer and, if you are able to have it, the background of how, where, when, and any other light the Yi will cast on the picture. In this casting, it would seem I was given the full rainbow spectrum of light and different readers have noticed different colours. Anyway, I'd like to understand all I can. I haven't cast anything in a long time and I think this answer has been waiting there for me for a while now and I really need to pay attention. :hug:

wck6265

visitor
Reaction score
A Spiritual Journey: Back to Nature

It is indeed a long and winding road to the top of the world. I do not envy you on the pains you have to endure along your journey; but I do envy you on the trophies you have collected; and are turning purplish green with the many more you are going to collect ahead.

What I can do is to take a free ride on your spiritual journey to pick up your crumbs, but minus the pains, by walking through your journey with the eyes of I Ching.

Back to Nature:

The first leg of your journey is about a trip back to the Nature; literally speaking. Nature chooses this treatment for four possible reasons.

Firstly, you refused, knowingly or unknowingly, to work with His will. Your strong will power led you to many dead-end roads; resulting in accumulation of excess negative emotions, which in turn is mirrored as a state of restlessness in all your affairs. It reached a state of unsustainable instability; triggering off a natural recovery process.

Secondly, it was cascading your energy state from unstable to stable. Your present state represents your minimum support level; below which is disintegration and above which is restlessness.

Thirdly, Nature heals by naturalizing restlessness as well as enlarging bodily pores; thereby releasing trapped negative emotions.

Fourthly, you are supposed to be learning the art of communicating with Nature by living intimately with Nature. This is to prepare you for heavenly duties upon graduation.

In summary, you are on a journey back to Nature: at first physically by force; and later spiritually by enlightenment.

This is a very straining reading session as I was overwhelmed with so many messages streaming in non-stop; as if a flood gate has been opened. I have decided to give myself some time to digest and tell the story only one at a time, in summarized form.

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I am supposing that there is more to this post that you are gathering and I'll be waiting to hear more soon. Thank you.

In relation to "trial by Nature" there are people who actively choose it and I've seen all sorts of books and movies about those who retreated into Nature to learn the great lessons of life. In this case, Nature pulled me in by the hair and has yet to spit me back out. In the twenty-first century I never expected to confront what I have in primitive conditions and I'm hardly the right candidate. Here's a graphic example. About ten years ago, some colleagues and I were planning to attend a convention at the Biltmore, Los Angeles. They all thought it would be fun to "camp" on the beach rather than stay at the hotel. And of course we had to dress for the various events, including an evening in the ballroom. I couldn't see how we'd manage and phoned the California Park service to ask about facilities -- where I got an answer phone to speak with. So I poured out my concerns on the message box about the showers, needing hot water, hoping they didn't have those impossible metal mirrors you can't see into, and where on earth would I plug in my curling iron???

A few days later my home phone rang and a voice said, "This is head park ranger so and so of the California State Park Service. Is Princess Arabella there please?"

Lessons in Nature is not my thing. Hiking to work -- no. Falling down icy chasms and landing in the waterfall -- definitely not. This is my first set of "trekking poles" -- hopefully my last.

But I will say this. I've stared into a lot of fires this Winter, wondering how most of the world survives, and one thing that has occurred to me is the waste. A house in France, full to the brim with "stuff." Stuff I haven't seen or used for nearly three years. It will all be sold. It pins me to the earth and to the past and to situations that are dead. I imagine a big broom that sweeps it away and leaves a clean starting place. I can do with so much less and in the process have so much more.

What has accompanied this realisation about the material world is an equivalent change in the emotional one. A lot of the past that I choose to discuss as my past actually has no active meaning anymore. There were difficult lessons way back when, some that i even wrote a book about. But they are old now and time to move on. I've learned more since that was never incorporated and as a result I could easily repeat mistakes. Nature slowed me down, stopped me, held me down in the snow and said, "Where do you think you are going?" I'm thinking of an answer.

Last edited:

wck6265

visitor
Reaction score
A Yang-to-Yin Process

Your acupuncturist was right. The cause of all your miseries is due to frustration; but not because of your house. It is more like frustration of a trapped and wounded tiger.

I can smell gun fire even though we are thousands of miles apart. It evokes an image of a loose gun fighter.
It also evokes a long list of yang qualities: fighting spirit, aggression, combativeness and self-confidence.

If this is indeed the real cause, obviously there is an over-dosage of yang; generating highly destructive negative emotions. Your present crippling state becomes a solid evidence of this perspective.

An obvious remedy is to turn yang into yin. This is exactly what Nature is prescribing: a second evidence to back up the diagnosis.

Your back to nature trip can now be read as a yang-to-yin treatment process.

A basic I-Ching tool used for a yang-to-yin conversion process is the art of accommodation. Simply, it means accepting the acceptable and tolerating the intolerable. Doesn’t this remind you of what you have been forced to go through? Inclusiveness is the first quality of yin.

A physical approach is: deep-breathing and pores-opening exercises. Doesn’t this remind you of the miles-long mountain trekking to anywhere? Purity is the second yin quality.

The third way is to widen your perspective; thereby forcing out the trapped emotions by replacing the bad with good vibes. This is what you are getting from the breath-taking views at the mountain top. Resonating with natural frequencies of similar range is the third yin quality.

The fourth way is isolation; forcing you to acquire the skill of detachment. Even those long lonely hours are part of the healing process. Detachment is a yin pre-quality-maintenance technique.

Fifthly, it is about letting go. It will complete the treatment if you can let go all your emotional attachments; including the house in France. If a divine force is indeed at work, a symbolic but genuine letting-go on mental level is sufficient. You will be surprised with the result of this spiritual transaction. Letting go is a post-quality-maintenance technique.

Lastly, it is about giving and taking. I Ching works on the basic principle that the more you give the more you will get. Get going on your voluntary radio project quickly. You will be richly rewarded with your effort; as a divine pat on your back. Give and take is a yin balancing technique.

These are only the basic lessons. The spiritual stuff will only come if you can return to your natural state successfully.

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Amazing

Dear Wck,
The depth and detail of what you've written here is amazing and I have to take it all in. I'm at work [yes couldn't stand it in bed and limped in today] and will read more carefully when I'm back on the mountain top. This hits home with a bang. Please take a bow -- what you've divined is quite incredible. :bows:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I've had more opportunity now to look at what you have written WCK6265, and I have a few questions about the divination. First, what you are suggesting as a power-exchange indicated within the energy model of the IChing, that seems most accurate. The stages you have outlined, I have been through, completing those fairly recently. The "alpha" personality you describe is part of what I do best. But in these circumstances, doesn't work. But other elements of my beliefs and abilities are in control now, have taken precedence. I'd say within the past two weeks or so. I'm on a different threshhold now and looking forward rather than gnashing my teeth anymore. That comes from a more balanced centre and isn't subject so much to what happens externally.

In relation to what you have written in your last post - - when you see what has been cast in answer to my question about recuperation, where do you place the casting within the energy model you have described? Does your evaluation come from 55.1.4 changing to 15? Or does it derive from a IChing-based [yin/yang] model of creation and disintegration and the various features of my life that coincide with that -- in other words, what I've described verbally as my position here on a mountain without much resource and subject to the elements?

If you are making reference to the Hex 55 reading that I cast, maybe you can shed some light on the "hidden lord" feature of that hexagram. Of course, I only asked about a turning point, not the future course of events. But, as you say, giving for its sake, giving because service is the basis of human life, is the right thing to do. And unburdening too. As said, what is in France is all destined for a very large sale. Standing in Nature you begin to perceive a bit how things really work and what is just in the way.

wck6265

visitor
Reaction score
An Impromptu Reply

I was hijacked half way through floating on the platform of Feng55-to-Qian15. I was bombarded with all kinds of messages packaged in forms that even surprised me. In a way, it is a spiritual breakthrough for me, as this was my first experience with a formless I Ching.

Presently, I am into channeling using I Ching as a reading platform, instead of trying to guess from their textbook meanings. But the last experience sets me thinking of a direct channeling; using I Ching as my eyes instead of just as a platform.

Anyway, Feng55-to-Qian15 is about the expected results from the treatment you have been going through so far. Please give me some time to break the codes as today is the first day of Chinese New Year: a family day, traditionally.

Last edited:

wck6265

visitor
Reaction score
Networking and Resonance

The hidden lord in Feng 55 is a yang energy formation that can resonate with your yang energy component. If in resonance, you will be off with a flying start to unleash your full potentials and restore your deserved honors.

Unfortunately, there is no such yang energy formation within your spiritual vicinity. As such this hidden lord is now your yin energy component that is still hidden deep within; below layers of emotional impurities. This yin component is your natural state.

In other words, the only way to get you out of your doldrums is to return to your natural state.

Yang expands through actions. Yin expands through resonance. We can draw a few pointers from this diagnosis:

1. You cannot afford to let your yang to take control again. All yang efforts will lead you to nowhere.

2. Look outward and not inward for answers to all important or even trivial matters.

3. Put in more concerted efforts into turning yin. How far and how fast you can move forward is directly proportional to how yin you are.

4. Expansion through resonance means networking widely and following closely with those who respond and can help you to progress. The answers to all your needs are waiting passively out there to be connected with you. However, the quality of the answers you will get corresponds directly with the present quality of your yin.

In conclusion, networking to resonate your way out of your doldrums is what the yin-training is all about.

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Why is networking a feature of "Yin" energy and not "Yang"?

How do you know there is no "Yang" in someone's "spiritual vicinity"?

What are the implications of returning to a "natural state"? If you could do it, and I have to say I'm not sure what it means, where would you be and what capabiities does that confer on someone?

Also, to be honest, I'm not at all sure what a "formless IChing" is and why this would be a spiritual first for you? Have you been aspiring to that and what is it?

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Trying to relate to this last post and I'm at a loss in a lot of ways, but started thinking about this idea of Yin in terms of what I know of Chinese medicine and it is coming into focus a bit better. Cool, damp, quiet, this is what the accupuncturist would say, I know. In fact, she just advised me to take up swimming now that the new local indoor pool has opened in town. She didn't say why, but I'd imagine cool, damp, quiet has something to do with it. I've also remembered a letter I had, as an adult, from a Russian piano coach that I'm going to look for, describing the best technique I could use for playing, the "natural" one for me. I'll have to sort around and dig it out if I can, that certainly "resonates" with the Yin idea. However, WCK, if you can answer anything of the last post that would be interesting. I'm trying to understand where your ideas/suggestions come from. Thanks.

wck6265

visitor
Reaction score
The Powers of a Natural State

Yang moves by expanding and contracting; just like the way our heart beats. In its extreme form, its pulsating power is explosive and destructive. It expands by pulsating lives within its vicinity. It does not network; it conquers.

Yin moves by crystallizing entities of similar quality. In its extreme form, it freezes everything within its vicinity. It expands by resonating with natural frequencies of similar range. Networking is its specialty.

I took a spiritual tour around your spiritual vicinity. It is moving, but everything is in slow motion; yin and yang elements. And Qian 15 is about the resonance power of a natural state.

Natural state is your body vibrating at its natural frequency. Natural frequency of a body is frequency at which the body will start to resonate freely. It can be found experimentally by testing it at various frequencies. But the easiest way to experience it is by inducing a free falling sensation and spiritual descending through layers of bodily states. I had to go through quite a number of layers of emotional impurities when I simulate a free fall through your energy states.

But the real techniques are in whatever you have been experiencing so far; as outlined in my previous post. In fact, the most difficult part of overcoming the inertia of learning is already over. It is an ideal time to get back into the learning process; but placing more emphasis on appreciating the powers, skills and applications of each of the yin qualities.

Yin announces its presence with its calming effect. If your presence can calm down your conflicting environment in your work place, that day will be your graduation day.

Yin networks. If you are actively networking; then yin is at work. If your network expands and helps keep streaming in, it is time to celebrate.

Yi accommodates. If you are actively giving and accepting helps, yin is at work. Most importantly, if you can accommodate spiritual helps, it is time to fly. You have to return the favor once you accept His help; but then again, it is not as if you have a choice.

Yin heals. If your physical pains suddenly disappear, yin is at work. Your present immobility is spiritually imposed; to stop you from making any yang moves and turn your full attention on your yin lessons. In fact, your degree of mobility is a good gauge of your spiritual progress; and it also a sign that you are moving in the right direction.

The qualities of yin will always remain the same. But their manifestations are very specific to individual needs. Your manifestations are to crystallize you into Princess Arabella in a feminine form.

Energy is formless. It is the power center of I Ching. It can turn a whole to a naught; and a naught to a whole; that is 1-to-0 and 0-to-1.

A formless I Ching means you are one with everything; dissolving yourself into nothing. Just as easily, you can be anything; by regrouping into any form that underlines the essence of the predominant energy state. And this is the only first step into the magical realm of I Ching world.

Yes, formless I Ching has been my dream and driving force all these struggling years. I was and still am being forced to learn about I Ching in its formless state; just like the way you have been forced to learn about yin. Worst, the teacher is invisible and the book is wordless. Wordless means making sense out of senseless words. There is no one else to turn to for clarifications and answers. HE is the only source.

I can say with a huge sigh: I understand your pains.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).