...life can be translucent

Menu

Friendship advice

zahrah

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone - after a long time, I am here not seeking career advice. I've now been made permanent in the company where I was originally a temp and the wandering stage of my life has finally come to a close. Becoming more settled and embarking on a career gave me a chance to reflect on other areas of my life which I have neglected due to the financial struggle I had been going through.
This post is in regards to a friendship that used to mean much to me but ended up badly, over a year ago.

My best friend and I got into an argument not over a specific issue but a situation that escalated over a few months and finally got us to a breaking point. In our last conversation I hung up on X and that was it - we never heard from each other again. I never e-mailed X and X never e-mailed me. Nothing.

What started the decay was a bad event which happened to my friend; X found out they were very ill and this changed their character and also treatment of other people. To this day I am probably one of maybe 3 people in the world who know about the illness.

For all this time I thought about X a lot. I often realise that not a day passes that I don't remember our friendship, what we shared, how I felt loved and cared for. But in my heart of hearts I feel that it is too late now and that we will never go back to how we used to be.

The true aim of this post is to seek liberation and leave the ghost of X in the past. No regrets, no making decisions about new friends in my life to somehow reflect this past friendship. Just the future and putting an end to this chapter.

I want to contact X and make amends but am worried they'll retaliate and even more so, that they won't care. Mostly I just want freedom from the past.

My questions:

1.What will happen if I contact X?
7.2.3 > 15

2. What is the best thing to do?
25.3.4.5>22

3. What does X feel for me?
55.2>34

4. The best way forward for our relationship?
37.3>42 -- this is the only answer that makes any sense to me.

Overall the answers do not seem too dramatic!

I'd very much love to hear your thoughts.

Zara

elias

visitor
Reaction score
Answers are not too dramatic, but not too inspirational either. My sense of the readings is that the time is not yet here to make contact. There is a sense of slow improvement in the situation, however.

chloe123

visitor
Reaction score
Contact him/her ! Lead with your heart ! You can't go wrong. The worst that can happen is that he's in a snit and doesn't want to give you anything back. Isn't life about learning to be HUGE hearted and just give without wanting rewards..
Come on ..:) You'll feel much much better no matter what happens. You only have to tell X you miss them and love them.
Do it ! I promise you'll feel better !

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).