...life can be translucent

Menu

The best way to sell a property quickly 24.4

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
For the benefit of anybody new to this site [because otherwise you've heard the ongoing saga already]; I'm trying to sell the one asset I've got: a home in France. For a year and a half, nothing substantial although there are viewers now and again. It's a big place, used to be a hamlet of three small houses of ages from 300 years old to 8 years old, Perfect I'm thinking for a B&B, mostly renovated with a bit left to do that would make a great commercial property in a perfect location for that, four miles from the main north-south motorway with seven bedrooms, four baths, two livingrooms, library, office, commercial ktichen. I'm thinking that's the way I need to head as this is maybe too big for one family. OK, enough explanation on that score.

The house-sitter, who has been there nearly three years already, can only stay through this year and won't be there into the Autumn again. Once a property is sold in France it often takes three or four months to close the deal -- SO -- time to get cracking.

There have been suggestions lately to rent the place, divide it in two, and so forth. None of these ideas is straightforward [there is only one heating system for the whole place for instance] and might not even be allowed due to the type of zoning. I've thought of auctioning -- knowing I'll lose my shirt probably. But it's getting desperate at this stage and I need the funds from it that I can have.

I've cast for: "What is the best way to sell this property quickly?" and received: 24.4 becoming 51. Yipes. Hope it gets struck by lightening? :eek:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Are you in france, I'm thinking you need to return there. I have been reading your threads but not properly I suppose because I dont understand why , if you have no place to live, why are you not living in the place you own??? And then why isnt it being rented out already if you dont live there, why did you have a housesitter? you could have been collecting rent all this time???? Is the market even good for selling at the moment? Owning a house is a big big asset, I must say from your other posts you sounded as if you had nothing at all, but thats what I read into it I suppose so its my own fault. Anyway, these are just my questions.

I think the reading is actually saying to go with your own advice, maybe listening to responses in here or to the people you are talking to in your daily life is not the way.

Walking in the midst of others,
One returns alone.

Its your return.

and the image of 51:

'Repeated thunder. Shock.
The noble one in fear and trembling sets things in order and is watchful.'

time to set things in order. It makes no sense to own a property and not to be either living in it or renting it. For the long term that is, I do understand why people get housesitters... but IMO thats neglecting your asset. I feel quite shocked myself actually.

But seeing as line 4 is about you staying centre, disregard all my personal comments and listen only to your own counsel.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Are you in france, I'm thinking you need to return there. I have been reading your threads but not properly I suppose because I dont understand why , if you have no place to live, why are you not living in the place you own??? And then why isnt it being rented out already if you dont live there, why did you have a housesitter? you could have been collecting rent all this time???? Is the market even good for selling at the moment? Owning a house is a big big asset, I must say from your other posts you sounded as if you had nothing at all, but thats what I read into it I suppose so its my own fault. Anyway, these are just my questions.

I think the reading is actually saying to go with your own advice, maybe listening to responses in here or to the people you are talking to in your daily life is not the way.

Its your return.

and the image of 51:

time to set things in order. It makes no sense to own a property and not to be either living in it or renting it. For the long term that is, I do understand why people get housesitters... but IMO thats neglecting your asset. I feel quite shocked myself actually.

But seeing as line 4 is about you staying centre, disregard all my personal comments and listen only to your own counsel.

Yes, I can't go back to there. First of all, my work is here and second I left there in an emergency with no real choice about it. I can't explain more than that in a public forum. But to return is neither sensible nor feasible. I have to try to orchestrate what goes on from here I'm afraid. I suppose the middle road is more or less what I'm already doing, but I'm not getting much result. Thanks for your comments chingching. It is a quite complex situation.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
well I did think it must be because the situation didnt make much sense.

I'm always a little confused with 24, its about returning to your own path/town, restore etc. but the image is of an earthquake, and the pass being close so you cant return

Thunder within the earth:
The image of THE TURNING POINT.
Thus the kings of antiquity closed the passes
At the time of solstice.
Merchants and strangers did not go about,
And the ruler
Did not travel through the provinces.

Interesting though, in light of your house being in France, that the ruler did not travel through the provinces.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I fadedly recall that this house was mentioned the time you were have to decide about the house you lived before and there was a crossing of a river to some of those reading.

My first impression/question was like CC's , but as I read there is no way to go back there although in the line or hexs one could read "re-think" about it.

Anyways, 51 some times is just an aha ! time. and 24 can be read sometimes "stay home don't go out" Just wonder , and you don't have to say it here, if line 24.4 has to do with the reason you can't return. Because 24 is associated with restart recover restore reboot, lol. there was a tread at CC about 24 and if i recall correct many re- words were mentioned there.

if this reading were taken literally, maybe a kind of reconstruction/reuse would be helpful to sell the house easily as you already mentioned.

51 is not only about scary but certainly is something we are scared of or creates awe. A question I ask myself when I get 51, is is there is anything I'm scared of ?

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
time to get cracking.

There have been suggestions lately to rent the place, divide it in two, and so forth. None of these ideas is straightforward [there is only one heating system for the whole place for instance] and might not even be allowed due to the type of zoning. I've thought of auctioning -- knowing I'll lose my shirt probably. But it's getting desperate at this stage and I need the funds from it that I can have.

I've cast for: "What is the best way to sell this property quickly?" and received: 24.4 becoming 51. Yipes. Hope it gets struck by lightening? :eek:

hello Arabella :)

I read the above quote as showing your answer in auctioning . . friends have given you advice but you know your property better. Something about the process of auctioning also makes me think of 51 . . but I could be wrong here, it's a big decision

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Is this property listed with a real estate agent in France? How is it being advertised?

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Is this property listed with a real estate agent in France? How is it being advertised?

Hi Pocossin,

It's listed with three French agencies and I'm thinking of listing it over here as well and in a different way too -- on a commercial basis, although it would have to be finished for that purpose [it has a commercial kitchen but three bedrooms and one of the baths needs finishing].

There are many precedents for B&B in the area, so I don't think that a problem at all. And there's plenty of ground for activities: over three acres. And it's close to, the sea, a river with boating, and a walled medieval city with loads to do, so I think it's a great locale for tourism too.

Maybe I just have to land hard on this for a while. I've been so busy getting established in a job, moving, moving, moving and now dealing with my daughter's illness and moving again. It's too bad the market is also terrible at this time, but there you go. I''ve take about 30 percent off the price to try to move but everybody seems to be doing similar things. Maybe hex 51 means giving this a huge push? I've thought about going there when my daughter has recuperated and auctioning nearly everything in the house as well, to clear it out and make it easier for people to judge their own things inside. :)

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
yes clear it out, finish it off. Place key pieces of furniture in it and nothing else. Any obvious trouble areas fix or cover up good enough for people to move in and go. new paint job a must. Dont dally with these things, get a bunch of workmen and get it done within a week. Thats the best way to move a house quick. If its been listed for a while relist after fix up with new photos and ask agents to write new descriptions. In a bad market you have to work very hard to sell and you need to stand out.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Fix Up Also Underway

As you say ChingChing, it takes a jolt to jump start things sometimes. There are a few projects underway. I had all the electrics run through the remaining renovation area, wall board installed to enclose the walls with insulation and the photos I've been sent look a lot better, more like it just needs your choice of decoration and you're there. I think installing the fourth bathroom though would be throwing good money after bad.

And I think the main problem is that the house is big. I'd intended to live there with my family -- kids back and forth as they are to my home here in the UK -- and have a granny place for my Mother as well. So the old part, a third of the house, was renovated from stem to stern in the downstairs, and partially in the upstairs. It could just be magnificent storage and finished later -- or not at all. It's all got a new roof, so dry and secure. The main problem is having a "hook" because when I was looking in France there were about 80 places on offer in the area -- now there are nearly 500!!

Another benefit of selling off the furnishing and just keeping a few favorite things is that I could stop worrying about burglary when the housesitter travels and it stands empty for a month. Also, that would raise a bit of cash. Seems like a no-brainer, but I have to get my daughter on the mend first.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
well hex 24 is a process with its own timing isnt it. 51 wants things done in a flash.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).