...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 9 > 43

specialedition1

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the iching about a relationship between myself and my girlfriend of 4 years. We are on a break and I wondered how this would pan out and what I could do to win her back.

I got hexagram 9 with lines 4 and 6 changing making it 43.

Does this mean I have to develop myself and wait until there is a 'breakthrough'? Will I create the breakthrough I wonder? I don't want to force the issue but I love her very much and miss her greatly.

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
9 means you just can't work things out. You will not succeed, and even if you do it will work out very badly. 43 says that in this affair it is all one-sided. Someone is trying too hard, and it probably is you. Step back and look at the situation more objectively. In other words, failure is a distinct possibility.

specialedition1

visitor
Reaction score
Hm

Wow really? I am keeping my distance so am not trying too hard...anyone else get this impression?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
9 means you just can't work things out. You will not succeed, and even if you do it will work out very badly. 43 says that in this affair it is all one-sided. Someone is trying too hard, and it probably is you. Step back and look at the situation more objectively. In other words, failure is a distinct possibility.

No 9 does not mean that at all.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked the iching about a relationship between myself and my girlfriend of 4 years. We are on a break and I wondered how this would pan out and what I could do to win her back.

I got hexagram 9 with lines 4 and 6 changing making it 43.

Does this mean I have to develop myself and wait until there is a 'breakthrough'? Will I create the breakthrough I wonder? I don't want to force the issue but I love her very much and miss her greatly.

I feel it suggests you do need to bide your time as you really cannot do more for now to get her back (9.6) it really is time to have a rest from this. 9.4 feels very scary, its a line full of apprehension and fear but it does encourage confidence in that sincerity wins through, 'bloodshed' ie emotional pain leaves.

I certainly wouldn't like to say for sure if you will get back together but I really don't see this answer as a plain 'no'. It seems very much about biding your time, allowing the break, resting, not pushing anything whilst at the same time trying to be a bit brave (9.4) Right now though it isn't a good idea to do anything to get her back, it really does need a rest, a rest from trying to make things work.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).