...life can be translucent

Menu

i ching and financial questions

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
According to my tread in shared readings, is there any experiences in using Yi ching in financial questions, stocks, shares, and other things?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
According to my thread in shared readings, is there any experiences in using Yi ching in financial questions, stocks, shares, and other things?

No firsthand experience, plenty of secondhand experience. The matter was mentioned in Water On Earth's thread. Generally, persons who persist in using the Yijing in financial questions meet with misfortune, in my opinion because they are fortunetelling. That is, they are over depending on the casting for information about a financial situation, whereas they should be looking at the casting as pointing to features of the situation they have overlooked.

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
No firsthand experience, plenty of secondhand experience. The matter was mentioned in Water On Earth's thread. Generally, persons who persist in using the Yijing in financial questions meet with misfortune, in my opinion because they are fortunetelling. That is, they are over depending on the casting for information about a financial situation, whereas they should be looking at the casting as pointing to features of the situation they have overlooked.

I once talk about I ching and fortunetelling with one student of Rudolf Ritsema. He told me that they come to the conclusion that i ching is the most precise method of fortunetelling.
Theoretically you can ask anything and you will get 100 % precise answer...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I once talk about I ching and fortunetelling with one student of Rudolf Ritsema. He told me that they come to the conclusion that i ching is the most precise method of fortunetelling.

Whenever people talk about 'accuracy' and 'precision' with regard to the I ching I wonder where they are coming from

Yi is a wonderful oracle but how can it be said to be dead 'accurate' when it speaks to us in metaphor since there are many ways to understand a metaphor.

Take 50.1 for example all about turning a pot upside down and taking a concubine as a wife to have a son . This may be a very rich and meaningful answer to our question that does indeed reflect our circumstance and be uncannily 'accurate' in terms of what we are experiencing and so on but if you ask a question about a practical matter like making more money or 'which garage' you aren't getting a 100% accurate answer you are getting a metaphor you have to put the work in to figure out

I don't even value accuracy in terms of Yis answers, I value meaning so 100% accuracy claim is worse than meaningless to me.

IMO you can't ask it anything you want and get 100% accurate answer. I think thats an almost arrogant perspective as I think Yi answers what it chooses to answer often side stepping the question asked altogether sometimes virtually refusing to answer. I think its a skill to recognise when this is happening in ones own readings...(much harder to do in other peoples) I'm not saying you are arrogant BTW I know you aren't but IMO Yi is not a tool to get us more of whatever we want. Its not a Genii in a bottle, its not a servant.

Thats just my opinion,no doubt there are those who reckon they can make money from it...but to be honest I think they totally miss the point if thats their main focus with it.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
BTW there was someone called Alan Lian, at least i think thats his name, that did Yi stuff with stocks and shares and I think he had his own website. If you google his name perhaps you can find it. I think hes the one to search for if you want to pursue that line of enquiry

water 0n earth

visitor
Reaction score

Yamabushi,

I agree with whoever said that to you. He really knows I Ching and truly knows how to use it. However, the person who read I Ching 100% correct does not mean that when he uses I Ching to play Stock, Forex... then he will win. What Poscossin said is perfectly correct. The people who know do not play, the people play do not know.

The funniest thing is that some even said they want to use I Ching and live in vain, rather than to know exactly what will happen from the beginning to the end beforehand. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Actually, if one has the ability to know everything in advance and he does not want to know, then he must be a fool. If and only if he does not really know I Ching like he suppose to know, then it is acceptable.

Water 0n Earth

water 0n earth

visitor
Reaction score
On September 23rd 2011, at 5:37 PM a friend called me to invite me to dinner at a restaurant that we have been to before with some old friend, and I accepted the invitation. Right after that suddenly I wanted to know what kinds of food they would called and how many people would be there? Since I was sitting at a cafe not too faraway from the restuarant so at least I have 15-20 minutes to think and have everything written down and still make it ontime at 6 PM. (The following was what I have written before I came to the dinner in Vietnamese).

Hexagram 8.6 change to Hexagram 20.

☷ Bi is grouping, holding together, friend...

☷ Bo is striping, hungry, slip...

☷ Guan is viewing, contemplation, guest, spectator...

For the food we would have seafood because ☵ (Kan) is from the sea like fish, shrim... Kan is also pig, so there must be some pork dish. There is ☷ (Kun) we would definitely have a beef dish. Changing Gua is ☴ (Xun) there must be animals with wings such as quail or chicken.

Now, I am a vegetarian and he knows that so what would he call for me? Changing Gua is ☴ (Xun) at 6 lines, it must be some vegetable leaves such as snow pea leaves or ong choy dish. There is ☷ (Kun) mean soft, square, it must be a Tofu dish.

How many dishes of food would be total on the table?

☵ (Kan) = 6, so there would be 6 dishes together. However, why ☵ (6) change to ☴ (5) I do not know.

What is for the drink?

☵ (Kan) is water so some will drink water and some will drink beer because Bo means slip, and to slip some one must be drinking beer.

How many people would be there at the diner?

There would be four people total (at the time my eyes suddenly caught a table of four. So there was the answer). There is some one we both do not know yet because of Guan – Guest, spectator, unacquainted.

I am very hungry now, how long would it be for me to have some food?

☵ = 6, ☷ = 8, ☶ = 7, ☷ = 8, ☴ = 5, ☷ = 8; 6+8+7+8+5+8 = 42 then plus line 6 = 48

It would be about 42 -48 minutes at the time the question is being asked, however the time the Hex was casting at 5:37 PM, should use that to predict line 6 and ☵ = 6 as 60 minutes from that time. I should eat at 6:37 PM.

The last question is when would the dinner end?

Just not too long from the closing time.

(I could not find the answer, so on my way I saw a car shop about to close, I wrote that at a stop light on the way to the restaurant)

I came at 6:05. After laid my computer on the table and shook everybody’s hand then I said to my friends, “today I will have a surprise for you guys. At this time all of you see that my computer is closed and I will keep it close until the time I about to eat then I will open it and let everybody read it. And I will not order anything, I want it to be all natural. Today is the first time I ever do this with you guys, and mabe it is the only time”.

Before the dinner we talk about fortunetellers, and the new friend said that he only valued his friend who is the best in Vietnam. That fortuneteller was well known. He did not believe what my friend told him about me... I just smiled and told him that, “anybody could have their lucky Karma. When they are they will have a right prediction, that is all. All it is luck, nothing special”.

So at the time all the foods are on the table, and everybody started eating, as I picked up the rice and begin to put in my mouth I asked my friend, what time is it? He said “It is 6:37 PM”.

I open my computer and let him read it out loud to the whole table? And I ask everybody to confirm it.

There are 6 dishes of:

1. Beef and Gailan
2. Pork ribs (sweet and sour)
3. Deef fry fish
4. Deef fry chicken
5. Snow Pea leaves
6. Deef fry tofu
7. Two guys drink beer, I and the other friend drink ice water.

"So you guys believe that I Ching can predict all that right? Now just wait for the last prediction, please stop right there and wait, if we know now then it might be altered". I said. So we closed the computer and started to eat and talk... and talk like it would never end. Finally the guest stand up and shook our hands and want to leave. I open the computer and show them the prediction. The gues said, “You were right it is almost 9 now, and they are about to close”. However, one of my friend did not agree, and I accepted that I was wrong. I should be able to predict that when the Guest ask to go home then the dinner would end because of Guan – Guest moves, so when the guest moves the party would be ended, but I did not, so I was not correct yet. Darn it!

Do not be too easy on ourselves if we want to learn I Ching like we supposed to.

Water 0n Earth

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).