...life can be translucent

Menu

Freudian Slippers

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
0112_198_1.jpg

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I want those for Xmas!! :D

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago I attended a Halloween party at a psych hospital. For her costume a friend took a white slip and wrote Freudian sayings all over it. Amongst them was "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I don't know if he really said that.

(for Luis - she did wear slacks and a blouse under it.;))

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

:eek::confused::eek::blush::rant:

Hey, don't believe everything Lucia says about me!!

(was the blouse see-through?)

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like dressing up as a Banana at fancy dress parties. A banana drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and dancing to donna summer seems to add a certain jolly frission to the proceedings. Then you can peel me at the end of the evening...lol

Not forgetting the ride home on the metro...:D

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like dressing up as a Banana at fancy dress parties. A banana drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and dancing to donna summer seems to add a certain jolly frission to the proceedings. Then you can peel me at the end of the evening...lol

Not forgetting the ride home on the metro...:D

:eek: Injecting dish washing liquid through my nose to see if I can cleanse my mind of those images... :rofl:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:eek: Injecting dish washing liquid through my nose to see if I can cleanse my mind of those images... :rofl:

:rofl: You're just jealous Luis. let loose your inner banana.

217585606.jpg

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Maria, thanks for the gift:

Suitable for people that has to step on the tiger's tail.
Say, suitable for us, of course.
Warm, confortable and playful footwear for doing soft and cautious steps towards the time of truth.

A freudian slip can happen to anybody.
But theese slippers can only fit to the elect ones.

Slippers have strong associations with sex and love, Aphrodite wore it. Not strange that make arise all sort of bizarre jokes even from the most reputable people, the unconscious has no limits.

Maybe interesting the promotion of the Freudian Slippers:
Freudian Slippers

Sigmund Freud understood the value of comfortable things. The most famous example is that therapy couch of his. While all the other therapists in town were using hard wooden stools and benches, people were lining up outside Berggasse 19 to lie on Freud's comfy chaise. We've taken our cue from Freud in designing these fun and comfy Freudian Slippers. They're fuzzy and plush and look like the great master himself. As an extra feature, each slipper has our patented built-in sock tongue! Spending a relaxing Sunday morning in your Freudian Slippers is as satisfying as a breakthrough therapy session - and considerably less expensive. The Freudian Slippers are available in men's and women's sizes. They also come in an attractive gift box and make a great gift for anyone in therapy (or needing therapy)
At: http://www.philosophersguild.com/index.lasso?page_mode=Product_Detail&item=0977

«...a great gift for anyone in therapy (or needing therapy)» good for us indeed!

All the best.

Charly

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I love giving gifts especially without reason Charly :)

My little niece , whenever she come to visit me usually brings me a gift. It could be a sticker , a painting , little things but make me smile. As for the days people usually exchange gifts she used to be anxious because she didn't have money to buy me things ( she was 6 when she told me that ) but we agreed to exchange the most precious gifts. A hug and a kiss :) Priceless !!

Smiling with what i read here. My favorite costume was a nun costume.... a bit altered of course. Won't go into details... hahaha

charly

visitor
Reaction score
... My favorite costume was a nun costume.... a bit altered of course. Won't go into details... hahaha
HI, María:

A 1964 Julie Andrews, the REBEL NUN of the Sound of Music:

1272594926688_f.jpg

Is this, maybe, your idea of a little altered nun costume?
I don't dare to post another models that one can find in the Web.

I did suspect from the begining that the Freudian Slippers had some connection with hugs and kisses! Don't ask me why.

All the best,

Charly

charly

visitor
Reaction score
A few years ago I attended a Halloween party at a psych hospital. For her costume a friend took a white slip and wrote Freudian sayings all over it. Amongst them was "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I don't know if he really said that.

Hi, Rinda:

I believe not. Of course, almost all the psychoanalysts wore cigars the same that all german mariscals (2) wore batons.

Here a study of the CIGAR QUOTE:

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/12/just-a-cigar/

freudcigar03.jpg

Observe the cigar, does it look phallic? Of course, NEVER!

And here, Rommel:
rommel4.jpg

And the baton? Mmm... maybe not always.

MAYBE THE AUTHOR WAS TRYING TO ABSOLVE THE MASTER (*)

Yours,

Charly

PD.:
Source of Rommel's picture: http://www.pegatiros.com/reportajes/historiamilitar/p-Erwin Rommel.htm

(*) MORE PROBABLE: THE AUTHOR WAS TRYING TO ABSOLVE HIMSELF.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...imes-a-cigar-is-just-a-nipple-is-just-sexist/

(2) field marshals

Ch.

Last edited:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
... we agreed to exchange the most precious gifts...
Hi, Maria:

Any phrase taken aout of context gives much to think about.
This one makes me wonder where did I find the BLESSED SLIPPERS in the Changes.

H.39 jian3: DIFFICULTY AT THE FOOT
Slippers in spite of the confortable brings some difficulty to the walk.
In my country is said "más dificil que recular en chancleta" meaning HARDER THAN TO RETREAT IN SLIPPERS. The use of slippers makes a soft sound when dragging by the ground.

depicts a FOOT inside a COVER (1) filled with soft GRASS or THACH, a CLOG or also a SLIPPER. A foot inside a confortable environment (2)
What about the precious gifts interchange? See 39.2:

王臣蹇蹇。
wang2 chen2 jian3 jian3
KING COURTIERS JIAN-JIAN
King and courtiers go on slippers.

匪躬之故。
fei3 gong1 zhi1 gu4
DAMNED LOVERS' CAUSE
Because of the f_cking lovers.

JIAN-JIAN might be an onomatopoeia of the dragging slippers when king and courtiers use it for not disturbing the lovers' games.

Why LOVERS?
fei3 means bandit, evil person, damned
gong1 means body and self, personal, but is a compound of a character for body / pregnancy and another for bow / shooting. Shooting means in chinese the same that in english, and shooting the female body is of course TO MAKE LOVE.
THEN 匪躬 means lovers, f_cking lovers, object of almost envy.

Not that kings and ministers be so tolerant with lovers, but that lovers, in their doings, ignore another's presence, as if even kings and courtiers stepped on slippers for not disturbing them.

Even more: slippers doing JIAN-JIAN are soflty exhorting F_CK, F_CK!
At least I believe so.

All the best,

Charly

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
HI, María:

A 1964 Julie Andrews, the REBEL NUN of the Sound of Music:

1272594926688_f.jpg

Is this, maybe, your idea of a little altered nun costume?
I don't dare to post another models that one can find in the Web.

I did suspect from the begining that the Freudian Slippers had some connection with hugs and kisses! Don't ask me why.

All the best,

Charly

:rofl:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Maria:

Any phrase taken aout of context gives much to think about.
This one makes me wonder where did I find the BLESSED SLIPPERS in the Changes.

H.39 jian3: DIFFICULTY AT THE FOOT
Slippers in spite of the confortable brings some difficulty to the walk.
In my country is said "más dificil que recular en chancleta" meaning HARDER THAN TO RETREAT IN SLIPPERS. The use of slippers makes a soft sound when dragging by the ground.

depicts a FOOT inside a COVER (1) filled with soft GRASS or THACH, a CLOG or also a SLIPPER. A foot inside a confortable environment (2)

What about the precious gifts interchange? See 39.2:

王臣蹇蹇。
wang2 chen2 jian3 jian3
KING COURTIERS JIAN-JIAN
King and courtiers go on slippers.

匪躬之故。
fei3 gong1 zhi1 gu4
DAMNED LOVERS' CAUSE
Because of the f_cking lovers.

JIAN-JIAN might be an onomatopoeia of the dragging slippers when king and courtiers use it for not disturbing the lovers' games.

Why LOVERS?
fei3 means bandit, evil person, damned
gong1 means body and self, personal, but is a compound of a character for body / pregnancy and another for bow / shooting. Shooting means in chinese the same that in english, and shooting the female body is of course TO MAKE LOVE.
THEN 匪躬 means lovers, f_cking lovers, object of almost envy.

Not that kings and ministers be so tolerant with lovers, but that lovers, in their doings, ignore another's presence, as if even kings and courtiers stepped on slippers for not disturbing them.

Even more: slippers doing JIAN-JIAN are soflty exhorting F_CK, F_CK!
At least I believe so.

All the best,

Charly

:eek: :p :)

i was thinking of 39 too. In the transitional way tho ;)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You don't see it in the picture of the slippers, but the red part is like a sock so when you slip your foot in, your toes are covered by this red sock and if you wiggle your toes the "tongue" is talking!!!!

They have it on amazon.com...

rosada

charly

visitor
Reaction score
You don't see it in the picture of the slippers, but the red part is like a sock so when you slip your foot in, your toes are covered by this red sock and if you wiggle your toes the "tongue" is talking!!!!

They have it on amazon.com...

rosada
Hi, Rosada:

thanks for the fact.

Talking slippers!

What do they say?
The slippers of the Changes said: jian-jian!
Maybe understood as ...

yours,

Charly

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Now we need a pair of C.G Jung sneakers....

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
There is a famous saying, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

There is also another not so well known saying about a wise bird known as The Foo Bird. This mythical bird was so rarely seen and it was considered a blessing if one did happen to catch a glimpse of the great spirit as it traveled across the heavens. In fact, this bird was so revered that if one of its droppings should land on a person as it flew overhead they would consider it great good fortune and never wash again. Thus the saying,

"If the Foo shits, wear it."

Rosada

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite shoe quotes is from Bradford, I believe. I remember it like this:

"Before saying something that might offend someone it is best to walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if they are offended, you are a mile away, AND you have their shoes."

But I like the Jung quote even better. (Thanks, Charly.)

One thing I have valued about the diversity of folks who contribute to onlineclarity is that it allows for trying on shoes of all different styles and sizes. I am not going to feel so comfortable if the site gets limited to high heels.

Comfy old slippers have a place.

B

butterfly spider

I have a bit if a passion for shoes. In fact some could say Inhave a bit of an obsession with shoes

Slippers - are no nos I prefer woolly socks. Slippers remind me if being unwell

I buy secondhand shoes in charity shops so I do walk in others shoes
Quite literally
When I was at a swimming pool once someone nicked my shoes. Inhad to walk home barefoot

It was cold but it made me think that really do I need shoes

I spent 2 years in London not wearing shoes at all in 1977 - and then again in 2000. No cuts or anything even in winter. Cut my foot on a razor in someone's bathroom - and this stopped my shoe free two years ..
My son didn't wear shoes till he was 4 and a half. He walked up mountains ran around parka and went on the London tube unharmed.

Shoes - like Clementine!!

charly

visitor
Reaction score
HI, Maria:

Congratulations in advance for your next bithday!!!

Happy-Birthday-to-You-284581-3-768x769.jpg
(TO BE CONTINUED)
I still keep the slippers in my heart.

All the best,

Charly

Last edited:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Maria:

Receive in advance my warm congratulations. Given that I cannot write greek like some of your other friends do (it is like chinese for me), I will modestly transcribe some traditional chinese verses as an expression of my best wishes for you.

Music and songs, wine and food, a banquet.
All in abundance for quenching every thirst!

接杯舉觴
jie1 bei1 ju3 shang1
RECEIVE CUP RAISE DRINK
Accept the blessings and with both hands offer them sharing.
May there be enough for all!

From Qin Zi Wen (Thousand Characters Book)
Verses 213/214, «The Banquet»
Cinese version from Thien-Tseu-Wen, translation by Stnislas Julien, Paris 1864
Available download for free in Gallica BNF
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6251462v.texteImage

I will not exceed in glosses, you will surely understand the sense. If not, know that the french translator said: «In a banquet, drinking at the sound of music ant the noise of songs, toast hitting the cups, raising high the goblets» (page 84). Of course, not too literal.

In my understanding the wishes are

MAY YOU ENJOY
THE BANQUET OF LIFE,
RECEIVING AND SHARING!
____________________________________​

All the best,
your friend,

Charly

Last edited:

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
To paraphrase Freud

Sometimes a slipper is just a slipper.

From error to error one discovers the entire truth.

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).