...life can be translucent

Menu

!Interesting marriage Question and Question about Contact! plz help

manifestdestino

visitor
Reaction score
!Interesting marriage Question and Question about Contact! plz help

Hi everybody I've been reading Tarot cards and yijing for a couple of years. My reading of the yijing has been relatively simple, just reading meanings from "the idiot's guide to yijing" and another book written by a pretty good taiji teacher.

There's a lot of backstory to the questions I asked the yijing about a girl, but I'm wondering what people will say with minimal knowledge of it, or if you think it's even needed. If it is, I'll post more later. I'm completely open to suggestions for doing more readings or anything else.

First question: What would happen if me and this girl got married.

Hexagram 57 changing line 6, to hexagram 48

To me, this shows she we would be married. I would have doubts and could call it off,but overall would go through.

So, thing is I moved away to another city from this girl, and the day I left, I won't go into why, she didn't answer any of my calls and when she did, it wasn't positive at all. The next day I asked her, if i asked her to marry me, would she. She didn't say yes or no, and the next day I found out she showed my words to everyone at the bar we worked at. (she's chinese, i live in china,:bows: and she was asking people if my chinese level was good enough to write the words myself. i'm not clear if there was a mocking motive or what)

I didn't exactly ask what would happen if I ASKED her to marry me, but really, I don't think the yijing would mess around with me on that kind of particularality, and must know what I was feeling in the question.

I haven't talked to her since, 2 weeks now. I'm in another part of the country. I sent her two messages online last week and no response. I After that, I did another reading:

Question: Will I have contact again in the way I desire with this girl?

Hexagram 45 changing line 5, into hexagram 16

This would lead me to believe I'm going to get contact again with her. I'm confused by the mention of communal effort in this hexagram though.

Also, I'm not contacting this girl more due in part to the difficulty of the language I need to express to her, and also because I don't want to agitate her. But is this hexagram suggesting action on my part?

I'd REALLY appreciate any and all help with this, my understanding of the yijing is honestly limited to the pages in my book, and to be honest I felt the yijing overall is pretty direct, and especially in regards to my questions here, but I have mixed feelings due to the reality of the situation, and, really, I don't want to mess this up.

Again, if you guys need more details to help you in interpreting this, or giving suggestions for action, please, let me know. Looking forward to a reply soon, and I'll reply back trying to at least make this informative and a good learning experience for everyone.

manifestdestino

visitor
Reaction score
really hate to bump my thread, feel like i'm being annoying, but i'm afraid my question will lower into the depths and never be discovered. did I write something wrong? no one can offer some help here?

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
From the moving lines, I would suggest you to take things easy...

Line 6 in hex 57 suggests your obsession in getting the deal done.
Line 5 Hex 45 suggests with strong perseverance , you will be in contact withe the girl you desire.

Best of luck
T

elias

visitor
Reaction score
Actually, I've been pondering this a few days, but have been very busy and with little time to settle in to make a coherent response.

I also came into I Ching from Tarot (and Runes before that) and am well aware of the problems that emerge when one tries to transition from one system into another. I suggest that you are trying to prognosticate with the I Ching as you would with Tarot. This is a grand idea, but it simply doesn't work. I Ching does not care about time. It tells you where you are in this moment. It is up to you to use this information to create the future. Your desires are manifestations of your ego, which is probably not your authentic self.

That being said, 45.5 is about trusting yourself and others. Though I tend to be suspicious of new-age fluffiness, this line speaks particularly about creating a reality by believing it into existence. (See Hilary's book, if you haven't already.) Commit to your own development. Paraphrasing Stanislavski: the more you try to entertain people, the more they will sit back like lords and demand to be entertained.

manifestdestino

visitor
Reaction score
I suggest that you are trying to prognosticate with the I Ching as you would with Tarot. This is a grand idea, but it simply doesn't work. I Ching does not care about time. It tells you where you are in this moment. It is up to you to use this information to create the future. Your desires are manifestations of your ego, which is probably not your authentic self.

Funny you say that about my authentic self. I'm not the marrying type, and I'm really at a wonder right now in my life as to what my real authentic self is. I always travel and this time I moved away it felt wrong... like some karma I need to fix.

I've been reading tarot and the yijing for fairly the same time together, and although i am much less sophisticated in the yijing in my experience the yijing sometimes has been more accurate at prognostication than the tarot!

That being said, 45.5 is about trusting yourself and others. Though I tend to be suspicious of new-age fluffiness, this line speaks particularly about creating a reality by believing it into existence. (See Hilary's book, if you haven't already.) Commit to your own development. Paraphrasing Stanislavski: the more you try to entertain people, the more they will sit back like lords and demand to be entertained.
I too agree that things like "the secret" have made some people a little crazy, but I guess the line applies here, if I want it, I need to go get it.

I've actually read Stanislavskis first two books a while back, I understand the quote, but not exactly why you chose to put it here.. how does it apply here? are you suggesting to not try and contact the girl, even though it would be successful?

From the moving lines, I would suggest you to take things easy...

Line 6 in hex 57 suggests your obsession in getting the deal done.
Line 5 Hex 45 suggests with strong perseverance , you will be in contact withe the girl you desire.

Best of luck
T

So it does seem like I need to contact her to be successful, but it'd be a lot of work. How exactly do I do that and take it easy at the same time? It has been two weeks of no contact already.

Really appreciate the replies, has made me think a lot and I'll take a look at Hilary's book now..

elias

visitor
Reaction score
I've actually read Stanislavskis first two books a while back, I understand the quote, but not exactly why you chose to put it here.. how does it apply here? are you suggesting to not try and contact the girl, even though it would be successful?

To contact or not to contact... Opportunities will (hopefull) arise in their own time. Meanwhile, develop your own gifts, rather than plotting and planning and contriving to make an impression. In throwing yourself away in these efforts, you invite another to sit back and be entertained by your antics.

Of telling the future: I Ching can indeed be quite accurate. The question is whether it and you create a future (fate), or does IC point to a probably future based on long observation of human interactions.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).