...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: divination books+other recommendations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default divination books+other recommendations

Forewarned extraordinary irish stories of premonitions & dreams by Colm Keane isbn 978-0-9559133-3-4

shadow of the titanic by andrew wilson the extraordinary stories of those who survived isbn 978-1-84737-731-9 £15 (highly advised book to buy)

going home irish stories from the edge of death near death experiences, out of body travel, death bed visions by colm keane isbn 978-0-9559133-1-0

divination for beginners reading the past, present & future by scott cunningham isbn 0-7387-0384-2 (don t underestimate this book)

probability for dummies by deborah rumsey isbn 0-471-75141-3 £14

the i ching does involve probabilities so above book may make interesting read
    Last edited by meerkats64; January 3rd, 2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add attachments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know exactly what you understand by divination, but in the context of the I Ching, versions of the I Ching which are divination-oriented that I have found useful are:

*"The authentic I Ching" Dr Wang Yang & Jon Sandifer
    *"I Ching numerology" Da Liu
    *"The Tao of I Ching" Jou Tsung Hwa
    * "The fortune teller's I Ching" Martin Palmer, Joanne O'Brien and Kwok Man Ho

The former three are Plum Blossom oriented and the comments in all four are geared more towards the divination than towards the ethical aspects of the I Ching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Ethical Aspect is Dust in Air without Tool (Oracle)

Before getting the "ethical aspect" we first have to organize ourselves, and the oracle is one of the myriad pathways to get it. Pls go ahead and brush thru my newest translation of the Zhou Yi's prototype completed by Yang Xiong now available at:
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/212192
    To visit, just click on the link or paste the URLs into your browser.
    Last edited by stonebridge; August 31st, 2012 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default i do have authentic i ching book

yes the authentic i ching is super book but not enough examples in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly speaking,it is impossible for a foreigner to I Ching well even for a Chinese.You have to get guidance from a experienced Chinese master.Because what I Ching book writes are pure theory.More prediction and future change skills are inherited from generation to generations in China.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Honestly speaking,it is impossible for a foreigner to I Ching well even for a Chinese.You have to get guidance from a experienced Chinese master.Because what I Ching book writes are pure theory.More prediction and future change skills are inherited from generation to generations in China.
    Let me guess, "master," you are suggesting we learn from you or one of your "experienced" friends, right? You may be "speaking honestly" but what you've said is full of hot air, to put it mildly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dharmamom View Post
    I don't know exactly what you understand by divination, but in the context of the I Ching, versions of the I Ching which are divination-oriented that I have found useful are:

*"The authentic I Ching" Dr Wang Yang & Jon Sandifer
    *"I Ching numerology" Da Liu
    *"The Tao of I Ching" Jou Tsung Hwa
    * "The fortune teller's I Ching" Martin Palmer, Joanne O'Brien and Kwok Man Ho

The former three are Plum Blossom oriented and the comments in all four are geared more towards the divination than towards the ethical aspects of the I Ching
    An excellent list indeed! All very useful for practical divination. I also enjoy Liu Ming's Changing Zhouyi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Gosh, I sure wish I could have been born to be one of those 'masters'. I bet they get their own parking space at all the celestial temple events and everything. Humbling, that's what it is. Humbling just to hear the pronouncement of a real 'master'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

chuckle

Everyone knows, the REAL Ching masters are Italian/French/Belgian/Americans. Next thing you know the Chinese will claim they invented spaghetti.

A few times during my life, I thought grasping it was within my reach. Then I'm suddenly stupid again and know nothing. Then a master. Then stupid again. There wouldn't be one without the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have bought the one on numerology - that's what interests me most.
    To err is human; to forgive, divine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast