...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 29

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Yes!

I could see both responses based on habits , somehow automatic responses and on the other hand the effort to learn a new way, as the task asks, to respond.

you need rehearsals to find the way to change the way you respond, create new patterns which will be stronger than the old ones.

I was looking at the studies behind that game and it reminded e a lot LISe's notes on 29

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl:
that took me a while. Well it certainly correlates to the way I've approached relationships. When I finally understood how to play this game I couldn't stop laughing for how simple it really was. Oh dear...

cris

visitor
Reaction score
What took me a while was understanding what the game was asking me to do :eek: Once I got the rule, the "switch" to the new model, albeit not automated, was relatively quick. You can't let your attention span decrease for even a sec else you fall back into the old pattern. Interesting experiment!

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I have been in the same relationship experience thus far, different people, same experience...its like pressing the word fifty times and still wondering why you aren't scoring. (I think I pressed the wrong button about 100 times before I sat back and said I have to approach this differently, let's observe and think about what's happening here...lol.) You know the old saying, do what you always do and get what you always get.

I think yi in general works this way, when you get those readings that just don't seem to make any sense... because ultimately you have never approached in that way before so its not yet at the front of your consciousness.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
I think I pressed the wrong button about 100 times before I sat back and said I have to approach this differently, let's observe and think about what's happening here...lol.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have been in the same relationship experience thus far, different people, same experience...its like pressing the word fifty times and still wondering why you aren't scoring. (...) You know the old saying, do what you always do and get what you always get.

Thanks for clarifying that! It resonates enormously. Life often looks exactly like that movie, "Groundhog Day". The background may change, but the script is the same.

The saying you quote (which does not exist in my native language, or maybe I can't seem to recall, either way something to ponder!) implies a potential quick fix: if you don't want to get what you always get, just do anything else than what you always do - then wait and see. I intend to use this as a rule in the next few days and see how it turns out!

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
or like George Costanza, do the exact opposite of what you usually do. I love that episode!

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Seinfeld was a great series.

The other movie association the saying sparkles is "Yes Man". After watching it, I remember having thought I would give it a try - easier said than done!

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if I could find out about relations nothing at all - like in this game - I would get nowhere at all. Cannot say I do very well there, but at least SOMETHING happens. Right, or very often wrong, but not nothing at all. Score 0 - yeah.

Trying to understand what they sing... Really a lot like relations!

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It is a huge lot like relations! In hex. 37, the family, each member has a place, a role. The father is father and so on. In every relation everyone has a role. Often right from the start, other times developing over time, or changing slowly into a fixed pattern.

If you address a person as if he/she is reasonable, your score will be 0. Or in relations probably way below zero. That is nice about this game, nothing lower than 0.

You have to be your role, or the role the other allots you, which is sometimes not at all what you want to be. And you have to speak to the other person as her role. That is the best way to get a score.

Lots of 29 learning, that is so, but it looks to me like a 37 situation.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am not cinical about relations, roles are important. A structure gives solidity and safety, you need roles. Or "places" for each one, which is more or less the same.
But they can also mess up things.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
well there is role playing, where you have to play your role and then there is role playing, where you can play around with your role. I find family relations and roles, which are old and entrenched, require a lot of 37 and 21 and if you are lucky some 49 for the better. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get a score for a while, at first I thought anemos had put up the game to trick us...lol.

oh LiSe the song is saying "it's the colour...not the word" which adds to the insult of how simple it is but how hard it was for me to get it!

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
"you think that its pink
and it might blue
its green on the screen
and you (might get through?)
(its what you gonna do?)
pick the colour
and not the word"

if you have read this far in the thread than I have just given away the game.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
well I just scored 100,
its now time to walk away from the computer

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I dont see any color to click on. maybe my board is different. all the words of the colors have white backgrounds

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
yes, 29 . but when you finally get it, it starts to feel electric, almost like your body is hooked up to some machine of the game. i felt in sync with the music

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I am not cinical about relations, roles are important. A structure gives solidity and safety, you need roles. Or "places" for each one, which is more or less the same.
But they can also mess up things.

I have been thinking about this and its association with the game and I found it an interesting association.

Roles are important , I agree. It makes the structure stronger and you built it gradually. There are times you succeed ( click the color and NOT the word) but there are times you fall in the pit the creator of the game designed. Those words colored with the color you read and you return to the old familiar thing and suddenly Boom! You clicked the Word and not the color.

This structure needs two , in the case of a relationship. No more , no less. It needs commitment, continues effort and more important compassion for the times you click the wrong answer ...for the times you cling to the old 29 patterns, the times you lose your stepping.

While playing this game I many times shout ARRRRRRRGH !!! :duh: . I could see the right answer and at the same time my hand was clicking the wrong one. And I think those times are the ones you want to see 37.3 and/or 37.5 from the King of the family. When you genuinely invest in that structure I think its the return you wish to get. But again... it needs two.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get a score for a while, at first I thought anemos had put up the game to trick us...lol.

!

hahaha... .no !
I could have made it easier but that would spoil the whole thing ;)

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
yes, 29 . but when you finally get it, it starts to feel electric, almost like your body is hooked up to some machine of the game. i felt in sync with the music

I felt that too!!! I needed to concentrate to the directions

fryga

visitor
Reaction score
It's a funny game, like language is funny way to communicate.
;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).