...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching eBooks.

tobiasosir

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on where to find some decent ebooks. There are, of course, the resources available on this site--I've got them, but haven't had time to look over them yet.

Recently, I purchased Alfred Huang's I Ching from kobo for my kobo touch. I love that book; it was my introduction to the I Ching, and I've found it very informative. But it had an odd problem; every time I finished a chapter, it threw me back to the introcution instead of moving to the next page. This still made the book readable, but not very practical. I've since gotten a refund, and the kobo team identified it as a problem with their file, and are repairing it.

In the meantime, I'm taking the opportunity to look at other versions. I have the Crowley one (though I'm not too fond of it), and wondered about people's opinion of Wilhelm. Is there an e-version of Kartcher's book?

Any others that one would recommend? I think there's a lot of value in studying several different versions and drawing one's own conclusions from all the data.
Thanks!

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Tobiasosir,

you can find many free e-books (including A. Huang's The complete I Ching) at this link. Most material is in English, but there are a couple of commentaries in French (Wilhelm and Philastre) and also a translation by the site's author in Italian. Apart from Huang, I particularly like J. Tsung Hwa's The Tao of I Ching. I'm sure you will find something of your fancy!

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Tobiasosir,

you can find many free e-books (including A. Huang's The complete I Ching) at this link. Most material is in English, but there are a couple of commentaries in French (Wilhelm and Philastre) and also a translation by the site's author in Italian. Apart from Huang, I particularly like J. Tsung Hwa's The Tao of I Ching. I'm sure you will find something of your fancy!

I have a bigger IChing library now !!! :) thanks

tobiasosir

visitor
Reaction score
Do you have these?
Legge

I do have the Legge version, though I haven't uploaded it to my kobo yet. The Hermetica version is unknown to me, so I'll definately be looking through it. :bows:

Cris, thanks for that as well! The Huang version is a pdf, so I'll see if I can convert it to epub (my kobo doesn't allow note-taking on pdf files, which is an important part of my learning process). I'm glad to see The Two of I Ching, too, it's one of the books I've been looking for.

I just purchased the Wilhelm version as well, and have been pleasantly surprised. It looked daunting at first blush, but when I was paging through it at the library I must have just caught some dense passages in the second or third "Book" of the work. Starting from the beginning and looking through the hexagrams is making much more sense, and I'm starting to like the language more than Huang's; though of course it's great to compare.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).