...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Experiences With Unchanging Castings -- Hexagram 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrea View Post
    I wasn't exactly asking a question, Troj; more just musing (and amused).
    Hi, Andrea:

Only for amusement (or for musing):

kūn
    earth
    FEMALE / WIDE HEARTED
    Men are concerned mainly with women.
    Women are concerned with whole families, men and women, adults and children, spirits, animals, flowers, plants, of course, they need a wider heart.

元亨
    yuán hēng
    MAIN FEAST
    First celebration.
    Our main concern is the celebration of women.

利牝馬之貞
    lì pìn mǎ zhī zhēn
    PROFITABLE SHE HORSE´S OMEN
    Omens related with female animals are profitable.
    (Don´t expect too much from males).

君子有攸往
    jūn zi yǒu yōu wàng
    NOBLE-KIDS HAVE FAR TO GO
    Cubs of Noble must move far away.
    Gentlemen, go home, this is a place for common people
    (interested in common affairs).

先迷後得主
    xiān mí hòu dé zhǔ
    FIRST CRAZY, LATER GETTING GUIDANCE. (1)
    The sooner we realize our confusion, the sooner we will get help.

利西南得朋
    lì xī nán dé péng
    PROFITABLE SOUTH-WEST (FOR)GETTING FRIENDS
    Being open to life and future we will get friends.
    (Or will get sexual intercourse)

東北喪朋
    dōng běi sāng péng
    NORTH-EAST (FOR) MOURNING FRIENDS
    Worrying for death and past we will lose even our friends.
    (No partners for what matters)

安貞吉
    ān zhēn jí
    PEACEFUL OMEN LUCKY
    Having a woman under our roof,
    it´s previsible that we will get peace. (2)
    (at least at the end).

(1) For the character zhǔ Whilhelm/Baynes says GUIDANCE, which I like too much. It depicts a lamp with a light atop, meaning master (often said of husbands), host, lord, leader (who leads or give guidance)

(2) The character ān: PEACE depicts a naked woman under a roof, the character for FAMILY depicts a swine, of course also naked, under the same roof. It is said that family has to do with economy and production. What has to do PEACE with?

yours,

Charly

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charly For This Useful Post:

andrea (March 29th, 2014), beatpoet (December 13th, 2016), EmMacha (January 15th, 2018)

butterfly spider Guest

Had 2Uc today regarding returning to dance teaching. I am a fully-trained Dance teacher and have been asked by someone I just attend a class with to take over her classes and also join her with children and adult classes as a business

2UC

Perhaps just plod (or dance) along ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My experience with Hex 2 unchanging is usually like looking at potting soil and thinking, "I don't know what to do with this." It's just there. Of course this is infinite potential within the realm of what can grow in soil, but it does tend to just sit there for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Seeker0970 For This Useful Post:

Trojina (September 7th, 2016)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Today I asked -- what would be the result if I turned in my resignation? I got 2UC. At first I was perplexed by this hexagram's message but after reading more and more (some with examples) I understand it better. I am taking it to mean just go with the flow. it is what it is. just receive my feminine energy and let it guide the way!
    short back story - I took a second job as a part time night manager at a new restaurant. The owner, who I met at my real day job, asked me to join his team. So, we have been open for a little more than two months. things are going great with the actual business. However, the man's wife has taken a more active role in the business than he wanted and they fight all the time. they contradict each other constantly and always go behind each other - undoing what the other has done. it has gotten to the point of complete chaos for the managers because you can never please either one at this point. While the extra money is nice and needed for my household, it is not worth the mental stress and hassle anymore. so I took the casting to mean that other opportunities will arise - just go with the flow. don't try to get in the middle of the owners fight by being the voice of reason - they don't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Today I asked -- what would be the result if I turned in my resignation? I got 2UC. At first I was perplexed by this hexagram's message but after reading more and more (some with examples) I understand it better. I am taking it to mean just go with the flow. it is what it is. just receive my feminine energy and let it guide the way!
    short back story - I took a second job as a part time night manager at a new restaurant. The owner, who I met at my real day job, asked me to join his team. So, we have been open for a little more than two months. things are going great with the actual business. However, the man's wife has taken a more active role in the business than he wanted and they fight all the time. they contradict each other constantly and always go behind each other - undoing what the other has done. it has gotten to the point of complete chaos for the managers because you can never please either one at this point. While the extra money is nice and needed for my household, it is not worth the mental stress and hassle anymore. so I took the casting to mean that other opportunities will arise - just go with the flow. don't try to get in the middle of the owners fight by being the voice of reason - they don't care.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorna23 For This Useful Post:

hellomoon (March 30th, 2018), Trojina (August 7th, 2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if I go to the gym tonight?
    2uc, my initial thought was, "well, it's open..."
    It was closed due to an emergency two days before, so when I arrived and saw the signage light was off, I thought for a moment it might be closed, but it was actually open, and almost empty.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblindfoldher For This Useful Post:

hellomoon (March 30th, 2018), Trojina (August 7th, 2017), veavea (August 20th, 2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I received 2uc today...
    Just another day (since the new year plan to sort out the stuff that constantly trips me up & halve my stuff) of persevering through decluttering, dealing with errands, paperwork etc.
    I'm quite tired today and somewhat emotional, melancholic, sentimental, but somehow detached about it too - not fired up or reactive.
    Seems to me with 2uc that Yi could be saying:
    Let the emotions flow, let them flow over the earth and into the receptive places

Decluttering, re-organising your home can be a very emotional process, especially when you get to those 'clots' or clutter places!

But I am persevering, I can't bear to ignore the stagnancy of all this old stuff, and I am trying to clear the way for the renewal of my college course.

I am also creating space for new opportunities in my life... friendships, time for creative project, time for fun without the house falling apart, more time and structure for my children, time & space for a romantic relationship, and most of all time for me!

2uc seems to describe this situation exactly for me - broadening my understanding also, not to get into the pit (29) with the emotions stirred up. I feel reassurance reading this thread, that the earth, the ground or background (2uc being also the relating hexagram) of my actions and attitude are deep, the receptive land is drinking it in.

There is a sense of vast open steppes, images of a white mare running across the grass plain, wild and free.

This got me thinking about the mare in 2uc, and her link with the land in Celtic mythology also - In Irish myth, the white mare is symbolic of not just the land, but also sovereignty and sacred kingship (where the king 'marries' the land, is devoted to it, in service to it. He belongs to the land, rather than the land to him).
    This concept fits quite well with 2uc to me - Being in service, devoted and perseverent to the receptive land, to the wild open plains of possibility, of trusting universal laws, letting go of attachment to outcomes can set you free of mental limitations. Acceptance and submission, following rather pushing brings one to self sovereignty.

It reminded me also of this card:
    horse.jpg

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

Alan Watts
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/alan_watts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EmMacha For This Useful Post:

Trojina (January 16th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing about my decluttering and sorting process, kind of overarching, is that I have felt such a lack of motivation, commitment, purpose in the last few months. No inspiration lasting, becoming a purpose. My attention is frittered
    away constantly, or I am feeling tired, overwhelmed, caught in emotional loops.

The college course I am doing part time is a 'start your own business' / entrepreneurial course.
    I haven't felt enough motivation for my own ideas, haven't had that 'bolt from the blue' great idea yet. I am clearing, re-arrranging, changing the flow of my home, getting prepared, clearing the soil for this course, for a business idea that I can be enthusiastic about, passionate enough about to find a team, to research, built, network etc.
    I am trying to slowly but steadily remove, resolve or diffuse anything that has blocked or interfered or drained me in the previous semester.

2uc is such a big dose of encouragement for me, a great boost from Yi re this process I have undertaken. A lot of it is stuff that needs to be done anyway, but being led by these things and making them my purpose has actually transformed me. (Also 2uc to me, be fallow, be receptive, don't be in front, be behind). I feel empowered by the situation now: Yi in action, centering in tao indeed! ;-)

To me, this is the "lord" or "master" in Hexagram 2; unchanging tells me to persevere, run across the plains like the constant mare; siege knows how to run, knows that her destination will appear as she gallops.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmMacha For This Useful Post:

hellomoon (March 30th, 2018), Trojina (January 16th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile 2 UC and second context..Approach this like a female would.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes View Post
    I loved your ideas about 2 UC.. Generosity, service, devotion, those are all concepts that seem to be central whenever i receive this particular hexagram. Personally, i tend to ask a lot of "what to do" kind of questions. Sometimes, when i'm in a difficult situation, feeling tired or exhausted, 2 might come up to say "there's nothing to do here, you simply have to bare with it, hold and contain the experience until the time is right for it to beggin taking it's actual form..". It feels like some sort of an open hug, where everything has its space and its time and my job is to be that hug and allow things to work themselves out, all the time supporting and providing for what is needed.. There's another type of 2 UC experience however, depending on the context of the question. There are times when i almost hear it saying "Be female.Be a woman! Approach this like a female would..". Like it reminds me of my female nature. Needless to say, the questions in those cases usually involve the "attraction" of a special someone ...And i have to tell you, following this particular advice has never let me down..
    Hello. Great entry. I am a woman but am having trouble being a woman.. perhaps. It’s not something I learned from my mother and I’ve been trying to learn but I still don’t quite have power in this way. Could you elaborate just a wee bit more. Yes in relation to the “attraction to a special someone.”Also, I am trying to hold that both of your “scenarios” are possible guidance at the same time. I am confused, though, so perhaps I can’t see straight!!Thank you for the thoughtful discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

* I wonder if the I Ching can help be a guide to my transformation in this realm. Why not! I hope I can make the jump. (Tried to Edit post but wasn’t successful.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3