...life can be translucent

Menu

Connotation

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
A suggestion

If something about the way you do readings is unfamiliar to most members (eg the method, the text), please edit your signature to include a link to an explanation. (You can always write this yourself in Exploring Divination.)
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=8285

I especially like the word 'suggestion', but here's the rub. To do something and to say how you do it are different things, but after some heavy lifting I have arrived at a description. I think that everyone in making a reading -- to some degree -- does as I do, which is:

(1) Read the presentation for connotation.
(2) Find the querent in the connotation.
(3) Find the querent in the casting.

Connotation is how something makes you feel, what it makes you imagine. Connotation is suggestion, not literal meaning. People project themselves connotatively, so the real self can be known through connotation. The querent's personality is the theme that unifies connotation.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, Tom, for following the 'suggestion' and creating yourself a place to link to. Could you flesh this out a bit with an example? If there's someone who wouldn't mind having their connotations laid bare, that is?

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If there's someone who wouldn't mind having their connotations laid bare, that is?

Why do I feel naked, like in one of those dreams where you are invited to the blackboard only to look down and, gasp!, only hairy flesh is there? :D

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:rofl: I thought so...

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
White Owl has graciously given me permission to comment on the thread

What is the Purpose 8 to 40 & 11 to 55
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=14363

{avatar: a feather}

white owl

What is the Purpose 8 to 40 & 11 to 55

Happy Valentines Day

White Owl feels like testing the waters today...

What is the purpose of X in my life: 8 to 2.4.5 to 40

What is the purpose of Y in my life: 11.2.4 to 55

Thanks for your help

Whilte Owl's avatar is now a feather, which connotes beauty and pride and achievement (stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni). The avatar was an owl. Owl's are solitary creatures, so the change from owl to feather suggests a paralleling change in White Owl's life. And, of course, it's Valentines Day when romance is in the air, so X and Y are potential (or actual) partners. Affairs of the heart are often concealed algebraically. "White Owl feels like testing the waters today..." -- a humorous and relaxed third-person self reference, terminated by three dots, suggesting continuation (like footprints). One 'tests the waters' before taking the plunge, and 'testing' accords with X and Y, the standard axes of a graph. X and Y connote a contrast (dimensional difference). X is the flat, horizontal axis, and Y the more challenging vertical axis. So, in the back of the mind on this Valentines Day, White Owl is mapping out her life and contemplating romantic adventure. The tone is playful and joyous, and the attitude adventurous. With a little help from the castings, the questions become answerable.

8.2.4.5 > 40
8 demobilization
40 graduation
GI bill = add to your education.

11.2.4 > 55
11 grass
55 lightening strike (thunder over fire)
grass fire = excitement.

Thus the reading,

What is the purpose of X in my life?
8.2.4.5 > 40

To add to your education.

What is the purpose of Y in my life?
11.2.4 > 55

To create excitement.

Reaction score
Awesome. I like this, a lot. And I'm going to try and friend you or something because of this.
It's my first day on this site.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).