...life can be translucent

Menu

57 unchanging

newmoon

visitor
Reaction score
I asked "Is there a God" and received 57. I tried to look through the forums, I am sure this has been asked, I couldn't figure out a way to search by subject. I am teetering becoming an atheist and would appreciate any insight on this reading.

Reaction score

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I asked "Is there a God" and received 57. I tried to look through the forums, I am sure this has been asked, I couldn't figure out a way to search by subject. I am teetering becoming an atheist and would appreciate any insight on this reading.

I would interpret this reply as "Yes, One Who is Omnipresent.":bows:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
I believe that the advice of H. 57 unchanged is clear but not definitive:

OBEY LITTLE FEASTS.
We must follow and enjoy some modest celebrations or rites.

PROFITABLE TO HAVE FAR TO GO.
Good for wandering, for going as far as we need.

PROFITABLE TO SEE / TO MEET [A] GREAT PERSON(1)
... preferable not to be alone, we are humane, nobody's perfect.
Good if with the appropriate person/s.

Charly

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Believing in God or being atheist has both to do with "someone (or nobody) up there". I'd see the answer as "there is a power, but it has no form. Not somebody, not nobody".

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Is there a God?
57 unchanging

If you are thinking about becoming an atheist, I strongly recommend that you join

http://www.booktalk.org/

It's founder, Chris OConnor as an orphan was abused in a religious foster home and has a strong animosity toward all established religions, and that is the focus and intention of the site. Unaware of its bias, I joined it and was active it in for several years. Unless you adhere to the party line, you will eventually be subject to a level of character assassination that you cannot imagine without experiencing it. Believe me, atheists are as bigoted and vicious as any fundamentalist Christian, Moslem, Buddist, Hindu, Pagan, or Jew that your are going to meet. I strong urge you to research the life and death of Madalyn Murray O'Hair (all on the net) because that is the kind of repulsive persons you are proposing to join. Do you really want to share in the mass murders of such atheists as Stalin, the communist Chinese, and the Khmer Rouge? God help you.

In my opinion God does not exist as does a chair, table, or shoe, so technically I am an atheist myself. God has being, not existence, and it is a by a fault of theists that God is supposed to exist, rather than to be. Personally, I consider the atheist/theist dicotomy absurd, but my demonination is rather small :) and I do not seek converts. So to answer your question, "Is there a God?" No/Yes. The Gentle (the subtle permeating influence) is not to be found in dicotomous answers.

Winds following one upon the other:
The image of the Gently Penetrating.
Thus the superior man
Spreads his commands abroad
And carries out his undertakings.

The dispensations of God will not be perceived by the little man.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Any omniscent God is invisible and unknowable in His essence - Hexagram 57. Is a table aware of the master carpenter who created it? Any eternal Being with the ability to create what we know on earth is automatically far beyond our comprehension as mortal beings -- how can we imperiously discount such a Presence with the little that we "know?"

There are those who say that faith in the idea of God is something for the childlike mind. And even the Manifestations of God [of which by my count there were nine since Adam] would have agreed. "Unless ye can be as a little child," said Christ, you won't conceive of the possibility of God and His Covenant with humanity. So, being much of that persuasion, Faith has been an easy idea for me since infancy and I have no problems accepting that every Manifestation from Adam through Moses, Krishna, the Buddha, Zoraster, Mohammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah all qualify as representatives of God.

Those closest to what I have always thought, with no question at all about creation, a Creator, and his Emmissaries to humankind, are the Native Americans, with whom I fell into step very easily, understanding their worship of Wahkuntanka, a feminine prophet who presented them with a medicine bundle containing a Doll, representing the Covenant of God with Man. The bundle is never fully unwrapped and the doll inside is said to be 25,000 years old, although the known inhabitants of the Americas date back less than 15,000 years. These people hold the ancient maiden Wahkuntanka at the center of their belief but also embraced Christianity when white people appeared. There are Native people of almost every faith by now, but they all join in the Sundance -- after all the Sun is the source of life. Above the sundance lodge I knew, the American and the Baptists flag flew, along with the flag of the Crow Nation.

When participating with the Plains Indians in their annual Sundance I remember a cowboy questioning one of the tribal elders, a woman who must have been ninety at the least. He said, "I'm a Christian and I was just wondering, when you do this dance, what God is it to, what God is it for?" And the old lady looked astonished when she replied, "You mean there's more than One?"

Exactly. One Creator of the whole thing and in any religious path, we are all talking about the same Great Being. I can't imagine how we'd be here otherwise.

Last edited:

newmoon

visitor
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's response. I loved Lise response "there is a power, but it has no form. Not somebody, not nobody". Summed up the Tao Te Ching, so does 57 I think. I wasn't sure what to make of the answer, but now I love the answer.

charly

visitor
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's response. I loved Lise response "there is a power, but it has no form. Not somebody, not nobody". Summed up the Tao Te Ching, so does 57 I think. I wasn't sure what to make of the answer, but now I love the answer.
Hi:

«IT'S NOT GOOD THAT THE MAN BE ALONE!»

Charly

newmoon

visitor
Reaction score
When participating with the Plains Indians in their annual Sundance I remember a cowboy questioning one of the tribal elders, a woman who must have been ninety at the least. He said, "I'm a Christian and I was just wondering, when you do this dance, what God is it to, what God is it for?" And the old lady looked astonished when she replied, "You mean there's more than One?"

I love this, this is great.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).