...life can be translucent

Menu

Daily readings

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping for some feedback with daily readings. Anything really. I have a couple of questions circulating in my mind right now that might sort themselves out, but I would like for people to share their rituals if they would like to.

A couple questions I have:

• Do you ever feel that the advice is for a specific 'encounter' that will occur? Although, I have been applying the reading to all things thru the day and it is generally helping.
  • Do you start out with one translation, say in the morning, and then branch out thru the day? I have been starting with Hilary's book because it gives questions to ask yourself, and then throughout the day adding to the reading with other translations.
  • Does anyone do a reading and then sit in meditation?
  • Do you ever do a reading the night before?
  • Any feedback on a broader reading and it's benefits? Like a weekly reading vs a daily reading? Or both?
All sharing is more than welcome!

Take care,
AQ

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I ask every day (since about three months I think) and it does help. I never take it as pointing to something, but rather as advice of "how to be". A bit as if the vibrations of the day are a given, and how can I best fit in.

I started with it because I have an endless list of to-do's, and in the morning I have to look, so I will be certain not to forget that one VERY IMPORTANT thing which I might forget. But the list is too long, makes me desperate. So I have split it in 8 sections, every section is one trigram (bookkeeping is mountain, writing stories is water or heaven, depends, working with pictures is fire, mails to friends is lake, business-mails are mountain, and so on). Only a very short list of the VERY IMPORTANT things at the top.

The inside trigram is my own stuff: thoughts, feelings, things I do for my own pleasure. Outside trigram is the real to-do stuff. They tell me which part of my list counts today.

The hexagram as a whole is the general advice.

I look at my own translation, but very often make it complete with Hilary's book. I don't think too deeply about it, just get an impression, I try to avoid rational thinking. Rather listen to my intuition.

Very often the night before. Sometimes both, night before and morning. Sometimes later in the day, curious about what is going on and what Yi can tell me about it.

Occasionally I also go to the Osho Tarot, for 1 card of the whole pack (major + minor arcana). That clarifies the other answer sometimes, or adds a very different angle to my understanding.

Reaction score
I ask every day (since about three months I think) and it does help. I never take it as pointing to something, but rather as advice of "how to be". A bit as if the vibrations of the day are a given, and how can I best fit in.

I started with it because I have an endless list of to-do's, and in the morning I have to look, so I will be certain not to forget that one VERY IMPORTANT thing which I might forget. But the list is too long, makes me desperate. So I have split it in 8 sections, every section is one trigram (bookkeeping is mountain, writing stories is water or heaven, depends, working with pictures is fire, mails to friends is lake, business-mails are mountain, and so on). Only a very short list of the VERY IMPORTANT things at the top.

The inside trigram is my own stuff: thoughts, feelings, things I do for my own pleasure. Outside trigram is the real to-do stuff. They tell me which part of my list counts today.

The hexagram as a whole is the general advice.

I look at my own translation, but very often make it complete with Hilary's book. I don't think too deeply about it, just get an impression, I try to avoid rational thinking. Rather listen to my intuition.

Very often the night before. Sometimes both, night before and morning. Sometimes later in the day, curious about what is going on and what Yi can tell me about it.

Occasionally I also go to the Osho Tarot, for 1 card of the whole pack (major + minor arcana). That clarifies the other answer sometimes, or adds a very different angle to my understanding.

Such wonderful input. I really like the idea of Trigrams guiding as another layer to the day's advice. Just this morning as I was shaking and throwing the coins I was thinking about all the things possible to do today and I had a bunch of them. I definitely see Fire as art and hard work, and Lake as communication with friends and family. For myself, Mountain seems like reading or resting or maybe a long relaxing bath, something alone or peaceful :) Not sure about the rest but I really like the idea of mixing this with the general advice. :hug:

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Mountain also means often (today!) to me to make my own space safe, ward off anything which disturbs that.

Reaction score
I had to start doing a reading for work and then another one for after work. There's just two different worlds with two different needs...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).