...life can be translucent

Menu

25.1.3 to 33

11 22

visitor
Reaction score
I have been trying to put my family back together, but the mother uses custody of my daughter as leash. denying me the right to see her, often over the pettiest inanities.
This is what she saw growing up and feels no remorse in studiously replicating.
I have not taken legal recourse partly for vague idealistic reasons that no longer seem to pertain to my reality... and fear that we could both lose custody.

To say that she is temperamental would be a grievous understatement. and to say I've had a turbulent past would be another. the situation is precarious. She will probably try and turn this into a custody battle, and henceforth will start feverishly flinging feces with the imagined impunity that permeates all of her superfluous drama.
but surely I will be here posting run on sentences for the rest of my days if I don't assert my rights as a parent right?... I asked "is this the right choice to make for my daughter."
Of course i have my own interpretation, but i feel I am too close to the situation to see all the details clearly.
My thoughts are a pack of wolves howling through my head, and surely this abscessed familial failure is the fullest moon.
this may be the most important decision of my life so I come before you as a humble supplicant, seeking the solace of satori.
Do i seek legal justice?

Reaction score
This must be hard. .. What do lines 1 and 3 say to you?
--And certainly not to take away from the seriousness of all of this, but your style of writing is very poetic. You use thick metaphors and many alliterations.

What do you get from the reading?
Do I seek legal justice? 25.1.3 >33
Do any of the words of the Yi make you think specifics?

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
Innocence to Retreat

I have to say, the I Ching seems to suggest not to pursue the matter further just yet. Innocence points to clearing your mind of anger and reaching a more "childlike" innocence. Relook the matter for a moment, trying to be as "innocent" as possible. It could be that you've already done that, but it doesn't hurt to continue for the time being. Then from this comes a Retreat, which is pretty clear. Keep the troubles at a distance.

Thus the superior man keeps the inferior man at a distance,
Not angrily but with reserve.

This could certainly just mean "for the time being" or "hold off for now". There is no indication in the Hexagrams that this is a permanent solution. But perhaps the time is not "ripe" for action.

Reaction score
Yeah, Wilhelm does say 'childlike' in his commentary of the Image of 25 yet 25 isn't about being childish, it's more about being real and natural or perhaps just viewing things the way they are without distortion which, like you say 11 22, your thoughts are a pack of wolves howling through your head.

I decided to chime in... still, what do the lines point at for you 11 22?

11 22

visitor
Reaction score
Well, my biggest concern is for the well being of my daughter. and i feel line one suggest my intentions are honest. i feel i do want what is best for all parties.
Line 3 though speaks to me of my fears. it says good intentions are not enough, the tethered cow is my daughter, she has been tied up in knots of discordant distaff on a a lonely dirt road. I see an unequivocal warning that should i continue, the cow will be taken by a passer by. Taken into government custody.
I myself am a product of child and family services and know full well that our foster care is a veritable human roulette wheel, where one wrong stop could change her irrevocably. This has been a heavy weight upon me.
However the situation is deteriorating, she may be taken into custody regardless. if i don't put my hat in now how is that going to look. "well you knew the situation was bad why didn't you step up."
I have already been threatened that should I try and get my rights as a father, she will get a restraining order so i can never see my daughter again. Although she has no reasonable grounds for obtaining one, reason has never stopped her before.
I am being taught some brutal life lessons here it seems. learning the strength of surrender. Surely in this situation the hardest thing I can do is surrender to these passive aggressive abuses. But if it is the right choice by my daughter, isn't that true strength?
This situation has been a personal golgotha. a cross to bear, but a blessing so far as spiritual growth is concerned. I have found reserves of patience and humility I never thought i had. i haven't had a choice. My ego has been ground down as surely as my ever gritting teeth.
my shadow-past was so much dirty water, and surely holding this black hole love in the epicenter of a personal collapse is a purifying trial by fire.
I am Orpheus, descending to Hades to rescue Eurydice. i must traverse the sulfurous shores of the river Styx, limping with naught but a sweet song on my languorous lips. If I use force, I invoke bald calamity. If, fearful, I should turn around, back to my past, I lose everything.
and even if I am able to charm a smile from the tombstone teeth of Pluto, even if I can the placate the fates with my soulic soliloquy, they will never forgive me the tears... and should i succeed and put my family back together it seems I will be torn limb from limb by the whims of furious woman.
Is it my fate to live out the rest of my life, like gentle Orpheus, as a severed head ? As a disembodied intellect, a mind that can formulate the proper solutions but has not the means to express them physically? I am not sure i want to spend the rest of my life living only in my mind, giving lonely oracles on the isle of Lesbos.
Seems i am on a first name basis with Irony.

11 22

visitor
Reaction score
and You know you are in trouble when mythology starts to impress itself upon your physical reality.

Reaction score
To be honest I am very confused by the whole thing.. Hoping for some help from another member. 11 22, I wish you all the best.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
ETA: GOOD GOD, I READ "THE MOTHER" AS "MY MOTHER":eek: well, it still applies. Just substitute "the mother" when i say "your mother":p

I also wish you all the best. Yes, you write beautifully, poignantly, you are a man after my own heart, as it were - and your intelligence at least was not harmed by a turbulent past. I also had a turbulent past, a mother and sister who used all issues for control, and my son was affected: In short, I know where you are coming from. It is hell. Yes, I too have lived life as a severed head, although until you said it, I had no idea how apt this was!!!:eek::rofl:

I have reached a point, as shown in my thread about frustration with karma, where I am strongly considering legal action. I would urge you to do the same. This is NOT to say you must sue your mother for custody, or anything extreme at the get go such as going to court right away.

I would find some sort of legal counsel, who could be your advocate, someone to understand that you are willing to right mistakes from the past, but do not like to and cannot continue to feel held hostage by your mother. It is NOT good for the child, either.

Let's look at the lines:
  • Yes, line 1 suggests your sincerity and your innocence. I do not contest that.
    [*]Line 3, to me, is about your mother, who took the tethered creature, your poor daughter. The townspeople (you) although innocent, are accused.
    [*]H33 to me, is saying you and your daughter must retreat from this mother. She sounds toxic. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. I have been up against this all my life. Things will not change on their own. by no means act alone: Get a fathers' rights advocate. look one up online .
Best wishes:hug:ETA: GOOD GOD, I READ "THE MOTHER" AS "MY MOTHER":eek: well, it still applies. Just substitute "the mother" when i say "your mother":p

Last edited:

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I'll just add, to answeredquestions, "childlike" and "childish" are not the same thing, in relation to a concept such as innocence. Childlike innocence is viewing the world through honesty. Childish innocence is viewing the world through naivety. It's a thin line, but to me, there's a big difference between the two.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
and You know you are in trouble when mythology starts to impress itself upon your physical reality.

The lesson of hexagram 33 as your relating hexagram is to back off and just try not to exert yourself any more than necessary over this right now, because, truth to tell, it's exhausting you.

When we lose our peace of mind, we have lost everything that's most important ... So retreat to regain your peace of mind and in the meantime don't touch this subject with a 10-foot pole. Get your thoughts off this subject until you are much calmer. This is not a good time for you to pursue this. It's a good time for you to take a break from it.

11 22

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. i am going through a metamorphosis in my life and as like attracts like i have shed a great deal of superfluous acquaintance. I need someone to talk to about this.
were speaking to you, my words would be a disjointed garble. But when i have a chance to sit in repose and write, this selfsame emotional nausea becomes a catalyst.
I mean writing this I got carried away and just let go. It is very healing, taking this pain, sometimes unbearable, and framing it in verse. Framing it in a construct of beauty.
however as i was writing I'm thinking, "god I'm ostentatious, people are going to think this is some kind of practical joke."
But no, its like Paul Simon said "I've got my poetry to protect me." its a lyrical armor.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. i am going through a metamorphosis in my life and as like attracts like i have shed a great deal of superfluous acquaintance. I need someone to talk to about this.
were speaking to you, my words would be a disjointed garble. But when i have a chance to sit in repose and write, this selfsame emotional nausea becomes a catalyst.
I mean writing this I got carried away and just let go. It is very healing, taking this pain, sometimes unbearable, and framing it in verse. Framing it in a construct of beauty.
however as i was writing I'm thinking, "god I'm ostentatious, people are going to think this is some kind of practical joke."
But no, its like Paul Simon said "I've got my poetry to protect me." its a lyrical armor.
I really enjoyed it - and now I am telling my family, "You have made me live as a severed head for years!":rofl: never thought of that analogy until you said it:rofl::rofl:

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
totally - i love 33 i see it as the strongest warning Yi
can give about your self preservation
baton down hatches and live to fight another day - no
weakness in that

nice - fun actually - go play golf with a bud or something
or hole up with nice food and good music

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,