...life can be translucent

Menu

Up yang, yin down; up yin, yang down

leandroscardoso

visitor
Reaction score
taken from my blog http://chinayinyang.wordpress.com/ please visit for more.

Up and down, is complex and shows an incredible knowledge of the world , and can’t be described as list of this is yang and this is yin. For example up yang and down yin, up goes against the gravity, needing strength, probably this strength will use energy and generate heat(yang), for example when going upward a mount you will feel more tired, sweat(generate heat), with yin is the opposite, you will go even faster using the gravity’s energy, The former name for yin and yang was 刚gāng and 柔róu, solid, and, flexible, rigid and yielding things; rigid walls, plants with a rigid trunk, animal with bones and muscles, will stand up, and the yielding will fall, like earth and water, literary the strong will stand and the weak will fall.

For example, up could be yin and down yang, because down is where things rise, appear, in the beginning, past, and yang is the generating, creative power, the beginning, it is distinctive power, 1, odd as used in the Yi jing(I ching)(you see reference of lower parts of the body in the first lines, and of upper in the others), because, in my opinion, the Yi Jing is more a social science and the later use of yin and yang is more a natural science(gravity). This use is a little more abstract then the up yang down yin, and probably because of that preferred.

Up could be yin for example, in the heights, as in mountains and high places, is generally colder and then yin, it is not just a exception, but become a rule itself: yin is up and down is yang, at least in this characteristic. Object in the heights have energy accumulated, I think the physics term is potential energy, then down would be yang and up yin, there's already machines that use this energy of cars or pedestrians passing through machines that generate power. In military strategy high ground is easier to fight and ranged weapons as bows will go farther, not to say the visibility advantage,in the art of war Sun Tzu said ”armies always prefer high to low ground”; then, in military strategy, generally up is yang and down is yin.

And I could talk for days about down and up being yin or yang. Its important to note the difference of mentality in the two approaches: one simply say this thing is yin, the other yang, with no reason, that’s enough. Sun Tzu said “lift a hair is no sign of strength, hear a thunder is no sign of quick ear” just repeating things said we don’t know by whom, shows no sign of knowledge of the 道dào, the world around us; knowing every word of the art of war won’t make you a general, knowing if a line says lucky or unlucky doesn’t mean you understand the Yi Jing, repeating a few moves in a giving order 10 thousand times won’t make you a fighter. I show a complex world of possibilities(because the world is complex) with practical examples that tries to proove the theories. Look around, the flying birds using energy to fly up high, the chairs that are rigid to support us. An avalanche with its energy going downwards carrying everything in its way; just look, I’m explaining the 道dào around us.

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I tend to think of yang as pushing upward and yin and pulling downward. The Yang creates change, and the Yin accepts change. But yes, all of this relies on interpretation.

water 0n earth

visitor
Reaction score
Everybody knows:

YANG: white, good, up…
YIN: black, bad, down…

However, not many people know that is compare to white and black, or good and bad only. If we compare DARK – DARKER, or BAD – EVIL then this is how it should be by Yang and Yin.

Yin: DARK
Yang: DARKER

Yin: Bad
Yang: Evil

That is why in Feng Shui everything up is Yin, everything down is Yang. That is because Feng Shui is using the Yin and Yang according to the Earth, not according to Heaven. (Think of the positive and negative of the X and Y axis and which point are we talking about). It is just the law of NATURES that’s all. The LAW OF NATURE is I Ching “Tao”.

Water 0n Earth

leandroscardoso

visitor
Reaction score
yang pushing upward and yin downward, why not the contrary? see, there's simply no "why", we need more explanations and less impressions; should this be because of the upward movement http://chinayinyang.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/upward-movement/, the yang forces this change to the end?
It interesting that I see yin as change and yang as no change. Imagine the yang, hard, solid, firm 刚 gang lines of the yi ching, and the yin, soft, yielding broken lines, what changes more a firm and inflexible person or a soft adaptive person; the hard Iron of the soft water.
water on earth: I didn't understand much of your theory, but I see there's a lot of yang is that, yin is that, the fengshui is this way(you'll see more of my critics about feng shui in the next posts in http://chinayinyang.wordpress.com), that's exactly what I criticize, so not much use to me at least. Laozi 老子 explained the dao with concrete examples: the hall full of jade, the vessel carried empty, the empty spaces of a house; and that's what I'm doing, explaining the flight of birds, the war, temperature of places, what happens when you go uphill, for me that's understanding the 道 dao, not math with arrangments of the bagua that no one cares to explain, alchemy with elements that are simply representations and abstract opinions. One curious example is the game of 围棋weiqi(go) that the black stones play first and then are the creative, odd, active, with initiative and the darker stones is the response, we need someone that really understand the mechanics of our world and not superficial visions. Thanks for your help anyway.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
To me this also bears a semblance to 24. Do you return inside necessarily, or to where you were born, or rather return to your highest level of clarity and consistency? - which also is considered the furthest 'out there'.

Up is yang, unless it is not. Such as with h11, it is not. It's more like: up, down, up, down, up, down. The top is on the bottom. To rule is to serve. What is up may involve my decrease, or my retreat, there may be sacrifices, darkness, and the unseen to bring about the seen. But I could make an equal case for up is yin. For yang superiority or yin supremacy. Is it the empty space in a bowl, or the shape and solidity of the bowl which enables its function? It is both. Both are supreme, when they work together and are in accord with the time.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).