...life can be translucent

Menu

Patterns of time

sergio

visitor
Reaction score
This is an excellent abstract by Matthias Anton that I rediscovered by chance today while sifting aimlessly through Steve Marshall's archives. It is very much related to another post in Open Space from Luis.
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=15466
After pondering whether to post it there I decided that the quality of the paper merits a post of its own. Here it is:
http://www.prognosen-ueber-bewegungen.de/files/161/file/anton-abstract-en.pdf
It may have been posted before, I don't really know for sure but even if it was it carries a different significance today in light of that post, wouldn't you agree?
Sergio

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this. It' s interesting that they made note that there would be seasonal changes yet there was no real acknowledgement for the future.

Does anyone here play luibo? or weiqi?

Last edited:

sergio

visitor
Reaction score
Hola Answeresquestions,
I think that this acknowledgement of seasons and yet not the future is a consequence of thinking about adjusting or aligning oneself to the rhythms of nature. As it is stated in the paper each season would present a different pattern of behaviour, things that must be done or not, things to provide for specific to each of them. It is clear one can predict very accurately that night follows the day and summer will come after spring but not how they will evolve into one another. It could be a rainy summer, extra long winter, you name it. The problem is what lies in between and that is subject to the day to day development of weather. Same way happens with our daily life. I can predict that I will be 54 years old next September but how I get to it depends largely on what happens in my life and surroundings: all those set on variables impossible to predict since something completely foreign to me can have a devastating effect on me and my life. But I can align myself with the unfolding of time at the particular junction of the casting and thus avoid misfortune or go along with it in the best way possible. In the end it is all about been in the present and seeing it the way it really is, not the way I want it to be. Mattias sums it up very well when he says that the present is the seed containing in it "what is not yet" thus very much dictating what will unfold as the future for us..
Sergio

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
There are several places in the Yijing where a distance into the future is described, especially in three and ten-year periods.

Reaction score
There are several places in the Yijing where a distance into the future is described, especially in three and ten-year periods.

Well, that surely is acknowledgement of the future - In measured increments. I did not think of that at all Brad. Still, no word for future as an overall concept for future. Is the word the proof?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).