...life can be translucent

Menu

34 and 16 Parallels and a Daily Hex

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Well this post has 2 bits to it, this post kind of evolved from asking about 6 lines changing into the preponderance of 34...and then i remembered that i had been thinking on 34 lots anyway..so sorry if it comes across as less than succinct.

|||

Looking for some of you wise guys to throw some light on 6 lines changing...Whats your method of interpreting?

Every morning i ask the yi two words : 'daily hex'. I like doing this, as it gives me something to ponder during the day, what might it be referring to? wheres my head at at that particular time? what i need to work on...

Well this was my daily hex this morning. 34>20.

Huang has if all six lines are moving, consult only the approached gua.

I myself kind of look at it the way some people here have described 1 or 50, if 1 is the first hex, it's travelling with all the yang and being 'pushed inside' the resultant gua. And 50 as in the vessel, the cooking pot, that the approached gua is simmering in.

i pulled 34>20 today... I've been pondering 34 lately. Yi I think has noticed this :) quite literally, it could mean take a closer look at 34 honey. Its actually something that ive been thinking of posting to exploring divination, because i'm seeing parallels with 34 and 16 lately. Not because i've drawn that combination lots, but im just getting cross-nets with these two hex's.

inspiring, invigorating, is the name lofting has for 34. I'm associating the idea of great power with the notion that 16 has a lot of dreamy, illusion type associations. In one way theyre almost opposites. Richmond has the name for 16 as 'at rest', which is the polar opposite of having a huge amount of power ready to push through obstacles at any cost (34). Ive seen it written here that 16 can mean overthinking, dreaming, resting and so conjuring up imaginings. Does anyone else see these two hex's as being quite similar? I think alot of the time i draw 34, its my own thought patterns getting tangled up, and it usually stems from 'itchy feet'. Trying to move into the next big inspiring thing, no patience. And then with 16, dreaming up things, preparation.

Maybe Yi gave me this combo today to ask this very question here :) ( i wrote this entire section in shared readings, then changed my mind and thought i might aswell post this in exploring div instead, seeing as ive been plotting to do so about 16 and 34 for weeks now. )

Any thoughts would be most interesting :D

Bests,

Yx

Last edited:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I think a look at the trigrams and positions pretty much illustrate everything you have written about their similarities and their opposite natures. Both hexagrams place thunder above, and with opposite lower trigrams: 34's heaven and 16's earth.

Struggle (particularly the emotional type) often seems present when heaven is the upper trigram. Even h25 bodes disaster when accompanied by an incorrect attitude (which is located in our head, i.e. on top). Not all are unicorns and glitter when heaven is above, rather than coming down to earth. One might interpret either as: too much going on in the head, too little embraced with the heart.

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
aha!

see i didnt even check the trigram arrangements...

Struggle (particularly the emotional type) often seems present when heaven is the upper trigram.

this is news to me! but i suppose when you look at 12, heaven moving away from the earth, it starts making sense.

One might interpret either as: too much going on in the head, too little embraced with the heart.

indeed!

Thank for help clearing this up Meng. Much obliged :D

yX

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks. :bows:

Well, let's look at those with heaven above:
as they may relate to struggle (particularly the emotional type).

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In my Xiao Xiang chapter on page three of each for the ba gua I did a brief exercise on what each ba gua suggests in the upper and lower (hui and zhen) positions, and list the eight hexagrams for each condition.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hex.34 with all lines changing - wow! Lots of 34 work to do. That is how I interpret all lines changing. Often it can be too much to get it all done. But not all hexes cause this amount of fireworks.
All lines changing means the relating hex is the opposite of the first one. Which is also a sign that it might not be doable, or not along this road, or that you need to be very careful. With 34 you have all this energy, 20 has overview – or maybe says that you need it. Every 34-action has to be well balanced and thought out, if you want the whole to look good. Not treading any path without ritual.

charly

visitor
Reaction score
... Looking for some of you wise guys to throw some light on 6 lines changing...Whats your method of interpreting?
Every morning i ask the yi two words : 'daily hex' ... Well this was my daily hex this morning. 34>20. ... i'm seeing parallels with 34 and 16 lately. Not because i've drawn that combination lots, but im just getting cross-nets with these two hex's.
... Does anyone else see these two hex's as being quite similar? ...
Hi Yx:

I always read all the changing lines, no matters how many and interpret the whole meaning.

But in the case of consults in a dayly basis I should only take a look to:

• the general interaction between trigrams, or
• the shape of chinese characters of the hexagram name.
• the general appearance of the text, only the key words,

The chinese name of H.34 is 大壯 da zhuang, which can be translated as BIG N' STRONG or BIG STRENGHT.

The character zhuang is a compound of quiang, at the left, which is said to depict half a trunk of tree and that means BANK, TABLE or BED and shi, which means a scholar, an official, say, a TALL MAN.

We have the image of a tall man with a big stick in his right hand. Or with a bank, a table or a bed.

I read it so: the context is RISKY (you could get punished) but also PROMISISNG.

You might be just for:

• receiving MONEY (the bank),
• being iinvited to a BANQUET or to a DRINKING PARTY [the table],
• being invited to a PICK NIC (the trunk of tree may suggest a forest), or
• to share with somebody a moment of PASSION (te bed).

The curious is your association of H.34 with H.16 yu, SATISFACTION. (1)

H.34 has the trigram THUNDER over the trigram HEAVEN: inner MALE VITAL ENERGY and outer NOISY / STORMY.

H.16 has the trigram THUNDER over the trigram EARTH: inner FEMALE VITAL ENERGY and outer NOISY / STORMY.

I'm wondering if for you H.34 hasn't the meaning of THE GREAT STRENGHT OF PASSION.

All the best.

Charly

• to make an excursion or a trip (Sears).
Ch.

Last edited:

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
In my Xiao Xiang chapter on page three of each for the ba gua I did a brief exercise on what each ba gua suggests in the upper and lower (hui and zhen) positions, and list the eight hexagrams for each condition.

Thanks Brad, I see it now, hugely informative, I had actually read this before but for some reason it's had been lost to a net of extraneous temporary knowledge banks in my little finite mind recently, so cheers for the reminder :)

Hex.34 with all lines changing - wow! Lots of 34 work to do. That is how I interpret all lines changing. Often it can be too much to get it all done. But not all hexes cause this amount of fireworks.
All lines changing means the relating hex is the opposite of the first one. Which is also a sign that it might not be doable, or not along this road, or that you need to be very careful. With 34 you have all this energy, 20 has overview – or maybe says that you need it. Every 34-action has to be well balanced and thought out, if you want the whole to look good. Not treading any path without ritual.

Lise! For that day it's very true. I'm currently in full time university mode and it's all heating up at the minute, that day was news of even more work to be done over the next few weeks which does seem almost undoable, but, like you said, i'm treading a well laid path, working incrementally towards completion each day with it, so yeah! :) Thanks so much for your interpretation it is much valued.

All lines changing means the relating hex is the opposite of the first one:: Thanks for this, I'm going to hold that for future readings...

Oh Charly!

If only I had time for passion :D I must say that I really enjoy your interpretations that you have given over the years here, your point of view always injects some fun (and sex!) into readings which i LOVE! :D Thanks so much for taking some time here to give me your ideas :)

:bows::bows::bows:

Yx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).