...life can be translucent

Menu

What is my true vocation?

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
10.1.4 > 59

I'd like some further insight here. I can provide some background, if need be, but would prefer some open ended views of this reading. Thanks!

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
Line work ahead:

In 10, we have line 5, your Great Power, dealing with the weak and corruptible line 3, there is a change in 1 and 4 of day to night in strictly Earth affairs (basic reality) which causes line 3 to invest in either line 2, making it a Small Person, or line 4, making it your assistant. This change causes the power of the upper trigram to become gentler but just as persistent in dealing with the troubles of the lower trigram.

BOTTOM LINE: All this calls to mind, to me, a doctor, nurse, psychologist, etc. But more specifically, someone who will help people whose problems they've frequently seen or dealt with in their own life.

basic line ideas:

1 - make sure the focus is on a goal that is not strictly making money
4 - the road is difficult, and be careful, but do not hesitate

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your post. This seems to be in line with (hopefully) my potential career change. I'm currently taking courses in coaching with a basis in psychology/therapy in hopes of transitioning away from my corporate job of 13 years.

While money is definitely a concern since I would be leaving a very comfortable full time position, I will definitely be focusing on my passion of wanting to help others.

Thanks again

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I'm glad it helped, I've made (yet another) switch in my understanding of the I Ching to a focus on line characteristics/movements, and this just boosted my confidence in that process. Thank you for responding.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Does anyone else have any further insights with this reading?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
My impression, given that 59 is the relating hexagram, is that you were asking in a state characterized by ill-will or high anxiety, maybe due to your current position ...

With hexagram 10, sometimes it can help to ask oneself what the Tiger is ...

Instead of asking the question as you have posed it, I personally would ask a number or series of separate questions, specifying a profession or field in each individual question. For example: "Perhaps coaching is my true vocation?" Have you done that already? ...
:)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is my true vocation?
10.1.4 > 59

You have already given plenty of background in your presentation. Clear and concise expression means a clear and concise person. You have a thing for numbers and chemical tests. Your true vocation is one that accords with your inner nature. So, Who are you? What kind of person are you? If you discover yourself, you discover your path (10). You seem to be a young person at loose ends. Losing your fish suggests losing your way because a fish is a symbol of spiritual depth, and that may be why you are attacted to fish. Your path leads to 59.

The Image

The wind drives over the water:
The image of Dispersion.
Thus the kings of old sacrificed to the Lord
And built temples.

Structural engineering, especially to reduce dangers and risks (10.4).

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Hi pocossin,
May I ask where you get "you have a thing for numbers and chemical tests"?

I really don't see fish as a symbol of 'spiritual depth' but it's an interesting post. Thank you for your time.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Wow... so, I asked, "What about coaching as my profession?" and received the same exact response of 10.1.4 > 59

Thoughts?

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
...seems like an affirmation of the course you are pursuing to me...

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Hi pocossin,
May I ask where you get "you have a thing for numbers and chemical tests"?

Numbers: 1eleven.
chemical tests: I tested for ammonia to see if he had died and began to decay . . .

I really don't see fish as a symbol of 'spiritual depth'

Thoreau did, and modern Christians put fish designs on their cars as a sign of spirituality.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps what I write below really adds anything....I include it as a form of appreciation for Pocossin's comments on this thread. (somehow the image of "thread" is now conjuring up a fishing line with a hook in it)

I consider coaching with spiritual depth to be a form of "structural engineering." If you help someone to dissolve blockages between their head and their heart, then the structures around their backbones can come into alignment and support healthy movement. Figure "10"/Treading also suggests a need for grounding and some good comfortable sneakers.

for 10.1.4 > 59 the yang operator is 51/Taking Action. (I suggest sneakers with Shock absorbers.)
the yin operator is 57

This Fish is indeed a Christian symbol but other spiritual traditions use it as well. Isn't the yin/yang symbol of balance a double fish?

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oops! I thought the first post didn't "take"

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Wow... so, I asked, "What about coaching as my profession?" and received the same exact response of 10.1.4 > 59

Thoughts?

That you got the same reading for both questions is totally amazing. It certainly must be an affirmation of the path you are following, as callingcrane said ...

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
I consider coaching with spiritual depth to be a form of "structural engineering." If you help someone to dissolve blockages between their head and their heart, then the structures around their backbones can come into alignment and support healthy movement. Figure "10"/Treading also suggests a need for grounding and some good comfortable sneakers.

Well said. As someone who originally wanted to be an architect this makes sense to me. I've thought before I may not be designing buildings or houses but helping others - myself included - build solid foundations.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).