...life can be translucent

Menu

Cast one coin 18 times vs 3 coins 6 times

LloydWilliams

visitor
Reaction score
If you only had a single coin, could you cast it 18 times counting each three tosses as one line and have the same odds?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I don't see why not.

For a long time I thought it's essential to have six separate casts, but to my surprise the one-cast wonder online programs seemed right on the dime, every bit as precise as if I'd gone through a whole ritual, meditated, focused, opened like a lotus to the word, and breathed it in as life itself, and threw three coins six times.

If I was stuck in a prison camp and had but one penny, the method you've described would seem eminently practical to me. Quite ingenious, I think.

Reaction score
If you only had a single coin, could you cast it 18 times counting each three tosses as one line and have the same odds?

I think it would be the same odds because you are essentially doing the same exact thing just in steps. Still two sides to each coin and still each side represents the same thing. If you wrote the steps down for either method, you would have 18 numbers to write down either way. The only difference in the one coin method is that the coins don't get to clank around together in your hand first before tossing.

LloydWilliams

visitor
Reaction score
Meng thanks.

Answeredquestions - I thought they may be the same, but math was never my strength.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I have been called Rain Woman before... but that was just my reasoning behind thinking it's the same odds. Note: I'm not a professional.

LloydWilliams

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe someone more mathematically inclined will confirm or amend. Thanks.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You just want someone to put in their own two cents.
Cheapskate.

It's probably enough of a break to write down your line every third throw.
I don't see how it would make any difference.

Last edited:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I have been called Rain Woman before... but that was just my reasoning behind thinking it's the same odds. Note: I'm not a professional.

Ok smarty pants, how long is a string?

Another possibly is to negotiate for your three cents.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Mu is correct! Wow, you really are smart. :bows:

LloydWilliams

visitor
Reaction score
Bradford you always find the hidden truth between the lines. Thanks.

Meng negotiating for more coins in prison could be risky, I'll stick to the odds being close. Though luckily I have three coins to rub together at present.

Thanks all.

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If I had only a single coin there it is: 18 casts is as good as 6 ones. I l ove the Yi too much to try and lose touch with it just over mere technicalities. I have better options. :bows:

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).