...life can be translucent

Menu

Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings- Hexagram 10

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
These threads aim to show how people have felt unchanging answers from the inside.

It might be more important to see how unchanging castings feel subjectively because as others have discussed sometimes it's quite hard to get perspective on the unchanging castings....as if one were in it but with no vantage point, no point of reference.. no relating hexagram, no place to stand to look at it, you are in it as discussed here http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2010/03/17/unchanging-hexagrams-and-patterns-of-change/

Not always of course sometimes it's just a clear answer but anyway onto hexagram 10

As these threads are just about subjective experience I have to say I personally have found hex 10 uc not a great answer. I know we can't say this hexagram is 'positive' and that one is 'negative' and so on but I've found with 10uc it's somewhat laborious and inhibited progress. In relationships in particular it seems one has to tread so gingerly, slowly, carefully it can't really flow. Overall I've had a sense of great inhibition with 10uc and so I'm not always so pleased to see it now. It's halted and I feel often quite literally halts me in my tracks....and its 'phew' to get away and go somewhere a bit more comfortable. Hex 10uc for me has actually felt quite heavy and restrictive.

Thats only my experience though.

I like the picture AQ posted in this thread re 10uc http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=15870

Having looked through some threads of 10uc doesn't seem people do have much luck with relationship issues with this cast.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Sag and tend to go about things too enthusiastic. So I got quite a lot of 10 (with or without changing lines) to slow me down. Very useful! Every time I am thankful that I have been warned.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had 10 unchanging. Certainly not in the past 7 years (since I was keeping my journal in the same place). I've only had the hexagram itself about once a year. Odd. Perhaps I rarely get close enough to tigers.

Sorry, this is a singularly useless post. Where is the button for 'I wonder why you bothered adding this'?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
actually the video kinda bears out my experience of hex 10uc here

In relationships in particular it seems one has to tread so gingerly, slowly, carefully it can't really flow. Overall I've had a sense of great inhibition with 10uc and so I'm not always so pleased to see it now. It's halted and I feel often quite literally halts me in my tracks....and its 'phew' to get away and go somewhere a bit more comfortable. Hex 10uc for me has actually felt quite heavy and restrictive.

I mean the woman seemed to be having fun at first but after a while I think that tiger may have felt quite heavy and that a 'phew' would be felt when she got away even though she enjoys it....

I wish I could do that with a tiger or a lion :D

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's a man. Anyway, he (or she) does seem to be treading with some care - slowing down so as not to trigger too much of a predatory response, keeping it slow, and of course having the handy towel available as a substitute leg to sink teeth into.

And yes, I wish I could do that, too.

li chien

visitor
Reaction score
I seem to get hex 10 quite a bit, does that mean I'm just not getting it really at all :) it seems to me its about how we store and release energy.

I cast 10uc some time back when asking about a way to proceed in buying some power cables and power supplies for my hifi. As it turned out the cables i went with are not unlike a large cat's tail.

I took it that the way I needed to go was step by step feeling my way forward rather than just striding forward... moving like the cat, being precise and having poise, trusting in instincts rather than thinking it through.

The decision to go forward was already made and the goal identified but how I got there was still open and fluid and not just about taking the most immediate route... Staying grounded, flexible and in the moment.

I suppose Tiger needs to be restrained with that stored or bound energy and it is in the way the muscle tension is used to deliver the energy to ground quietly without causing unnecessary disturbance. There was the potential to tread on a few toes with what I was doing and if I blustered forward could have been some collateral damage in relating to do with what I bought and who I bought it through.

I imagine with the trigrams heaven confers great energy and purpose and then lake below captures and releases it more gently and with grace.

Thankfully I ended up with music that sounds much that way as well.

Graham

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose Tiger needs to be restrained with that stored or bound energy and it is in the way the muscle tension is used to deliver the energy to ground quietly without causing unnecessary disturbance. There was the potential to tread on a few toes with what I was doing and if I blustered forward could have been some collateral damage in relating to do with what I bought and who I bought it through

Yes nice point...too often people just see the tiger as the scary thing wheras actually the tiger has to use alot of control of himself. All that muscle and power is precisely used.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
True that sometimes the tiger's within you. I think Karcher has this as a primary meaning: keeping your own teeth to yourself, not 'sneering and scolding'. Another way to look at it: if you contain a tiger, perhaps it might also swallow you from within.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Discriminating between high and low has such powerful connections to our actions, when faced with the proverbial (or literal) tiger. They say, your life flashes before your eyes before you die, so it's critical to make the right choices, move or not move the right way.

I forgot where I read the story, of the frail Indian girl, who ran from home because she overheard that she was sold as a slave. During her flight through the jungle, she ran into a dead end, surrounded by heavy reeds; a tiger appeared and drew close. The narrative said, the tiger thought there was too little meat on the girl's bones to go through the trouble, and so he left her.

The girl grew to be a woman, and did noble works.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw 'Life of Pi' in 3d.....that was alot of time to be close to a tiger, I kept jumping out of the seat.

At the end it never is clear whether that tiger was inner or outer

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the I Ching to comment on the Fukushima disaster and how the plans for remedying the dangers of radio activity being released seem to be leading to another disaster as the operation will require such super human care and the tiniest mishap could lead to world destruction.
I received hexagram 10 unchanging. This certainly seems an apt description of the problem but does it reveal the outcome? Does 10 without change lines mean the tiger does not pounce?

Rosada

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
10 has something solid and established about it visually as an uc hex. I just looked through my journal and 10 uc yes the tiger did not bite. I have to say that in most cases for 10 readings cahnging and unchanging the tiger that i'm treading with is my own inner primal energies, like the strength car in tarot, with a gentle touch the tiger is tamed.... Or maybe a better way to say it is freed for its own fear/ survival instincts and can walk by the woman side (tarot card imagery)

I bought a photograph from a friend the other day, a double exposed deer over a forest in Japan. She called it the forest of forgetting, referring to the part in alice in wonderland where she walks up to the edge of the forest of forgetting, and when she walks thorigh it she forgets she is different to the deer and the deer forget it is different and the walk through together her arm over the deer, but when they get to the othe edge they remember and the deer runs away.

Maybe thats why line 4 connects 10 to 61 because that kind of sharing is so tentative. But i think if it were truly a 10 story then Alice would at least still remember their differences the whole time they were walking together but would be acting with caution, knowing one abrupt move would scare the deer away. However the original version is poetic and more meaningful. Just some thoughts :)

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
They say, your life flashes before your eyes before you die

Meng, did you know that - welll i saw on a doco someone putting forward the idea that your life flashes before your eyes when you die because the brain is searching its database for survival info, for any other past lived experience similar to the one its in from which it might find info on how to get out of the situation which is killing the body. It will search deeper and deeper if it cant find any, thus why you see your whole life when you die, you die because there was no info to be found that could save you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
10 has something solid and established about it visually as an uc hex. I just looked through my journal and 10 uc yes the tiger did not bite. I have to say that in most cases for 10 readings cahnging and unchanging the tiger that i'm treading with is my own inner primal energies, like the strength car in tarot, with a gentle touch the tiger is tamed.... Or maybe a better way to say it is freed for its own fear/ survival instincts and can walk by the woman side (tarot card imagery)

I bought a photograph from a friend the other day, a double exposed deer over a forest in Japan. She called it the forest of forgetting, referring to the part in alice in wonderland where she walks up to the edge of the forest of forgetting, and when she walks thorigh it she forgets she is different to the deer and the deer forget it is different and the walk through together her arm over the deer, but when they get to the othe edge they remember and the deer runs away.

Maybe thats why line 4 connects 10 to 61 because that kind of sharing is so tentative. But i think if it were truly a 10 story then Alice would at least still remember their differences the whole time they were walking together but would be acting with caution, knowing one abrupt move would scare the deer away. However the original version is poetic and more meaningful. Just some thoughts :)

synchronistically (if that is a word) following a dream I related in this thread http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?17528-What-the-heck-Yi (post 21 there) I thought to ask Yi of my current relationship with it. I do this rarely but I've always had quite direct answers....so I asked 'how is my connection with you ?' possibly with some trepidation. This time I got 10 unchanging so your ideas above are quite interesting to me.

S

sooo

Meng, did you know that - welll i saw on a doco someone putting forward the idea that your life flashes before your eyes when you die because the brain is searching its database for survival info, for any other past lived experience similar to the one its in from which it might find info on how to get out of the situation which is killing the body. It will search deeper and deeper if it cant find any, thus why you see your whole life when you die, you die because there was no info to be found that could save you.

No, I haven't heard that but it's a sensible function of the complex computer, called our brain.

I was asked indirectly about the Indian girl's story with the tiger recently and couldn't recall, but after thinking about it more, I'm pretty sure it was in her autobiography.

It's possible that the tiger went through a similar process about his/her own survival, calculating the caloric intake of the frail girl to the calories burned and time and energy spent while consuming her. I can understand how some may read some supernatural story element into the tiger's decision, but I think it was purely the tiger's discrimination between high and low. The tiger treads too, with survival highest on his list, as with Maslow's hierarchy.

S

sooo

CC, as far as past lives and their (our) influences? It would be interesting to know on what medium they are recorded. It seems, if it relies entirely upon the actual brain alone to make these calculations, then the mechanism would go down with the ship.

That, to me, is where the big mystery enters to fill the void, should there be one to fill. But other than that, whatever "happens" will be a surprise to me. Maybe a lot, maybe nothing. Maybe they are the same. Maybe bliss is total unconsciousness, but it's far to illusive to grab. Dag nab it! Maybe you can't escape consciousness, no matter how hard you try; and bliss is but soft kiss?

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Mmm thats a nice thought.

I dont think one can escape conciousness, its a necessarily vechicle. But the great thing is is that unconciousness is happening along side conciousness. Wherever you are putting your attention, its not attending to another thing. So if you are ever really stressed out about. Particular matter you can ease your suffering by considering all the bliss there must be in all the things you are not aware of due to hyperfocussing your conciouness on one particular thing :)

Just watched a doco on cows and this lady herd them by stepping around their 'flight circle' - an area individual to each cow where at a certain distance they will start to move away from you. By stepping in and out of this flight circle she gently herded them to whereever she wanted them to go. That's the point of 10 too to knwo how to tread without pushing the animal into full fight or flight mode, even when stepping on the tail. In the same doco there was also a disgruntled cow who hated the lady farmer, would charge at only her, so the lady framer couldnt go near the cow. I love cows

S

sooo

Mmm thats a nice thought.

I dont think one can escape conciousness, its a necessarily vechicle.

That's the biggie, isn't it? Turned around it would read: is there life after death?

There's a 4 thread going on, and I dare anyone to come forward and say they know if there's life after death, or that they can ever escape themselves. Not themselves but that which they have become like... which sucks.

I don't connect with cows, or horses, which out here is pretty wuss ass. But, what can I say? I'm living with a couple of ole cowgirls. I connect with them better.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Living now with a hex 10 uc situation with a friend, I must weigh every word I use and be very respectful, tip toeing around, otherwise I risk getting bitten.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
I just received 10uc as the answer to the question, "How will the storm Joaquin affect us?", meaning me and my family. (If you haven't heard, there's a rather menacing tropical storm barreling up the East Coast on a similar track to Sandy's...and it may turn into a hurricane.)

If we're talking about feeling "unchanging answers from the inside" (well put, Trojina), then what I feel upon seeing 10uc is total dread.

We had a brush with calamity from Sandy in 2012, and the trauma lingered for a long time.

The storm, I think, is pretty clearly the tiger...I'm hoping it doesn't bite.

Careful conduct, preparation. Not much else to do.

Will update.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes please do update, sounds scary. Best of Luck !

Last edited:

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, Trojina!

I can report, with relief, that Hurricane Joaquin went out to sea without directly impacting myself, my family, or my region. That said, it was/is a monster of a storm-- "There is something here that could devour you" (as Hilary said about hex 10)-- it reached category 4, almost 5, strength with 155 mph winds (249 kmh). It severely damaged several Bahamas islands and sunk a cargo ship. Many people died. It's about to brush past Bermuda, possibly causing more damage, and maybe even hit the UK next week with severe wind and rain.

I think the key here is that I asked how it would affect me specifically. Yi gave 10 to describe the ferocious power of the storm, and unchanging to indicate that there would be no real movement of that power towards me; it would stay somewhat inert. There would be the potential for destruction, but nothing would come of it.

It's also interesting to note that Joaquin literally and unusually "treaded" water when it was around the Bahamas. It sat over the islands, barely moving and causing much grief, for several days, and its track made an unusual tight loop back on itself. Treading, and a tiger's tail...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like 10uc showed very carefully avoiding the danger. Not that in this instance you could change anything, but it does look like danger perilously close is escaped. Phew. Glad you are all okay.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Little guy= jun zi
Big one= Tiger
[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9iPAaMR3Y[/video]

leonine

visitor
Reaction score
not even sure, just asked what the greater significance was of the fact that in tho upcoming spring my niece will be baptized on the same day to a year that my relationship fell apart. Basically, this woman and I were verrry much into each other, everything seemed to be 'meant to be'...so many interesting coincidences, too many to count and enough that I can't remember them all, though for some examples: each of us spent a good deal of our childhoods growing up in hotels in interesting circumstances, while I was going to a particular school (about 3 years before we met) she was working at the same school such that for a three year period we were 150-200 feet away from each other, our paths crossing daily. Our relationship broke apart because of the negative influence and manipulation of the 'sister' in law of mine whose daughter will be baptized, who happens to be a really nasty person who fools many of the people in my family due to her familial pedigree (she is the descendant of a very polarizing political figure from my country's political history) and the fact that she is a public figure (tv talking head), and who is quite literally gunning for my and my cousin's inheritance. So what does hexagram 10 unchanging feel like? It might feel different when the time comes around in 2 months or so, but for now it feels like a terrible telenovela.

V

Vissino

In my opinion, 10 has the meaning "avoid sth dangerous with success"

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I would agree with Vissino. And Ginnie. In my experience, getting 10UC in relationships has always involved dealing with someone volatile and unstable - mood disorder, irascible, unpredictable. I would not choose to relate with someone under the sign of 10UC, if I have a choice I run for the hills:) But sometimes, I have found myself forced into situations where I had to navigate around difficult people - family members, clients etc... and in all those situations I have had to walk on eggshells, be very careful to watch my words and not to provoke some outburst etc... Yes, in the end, I came out unscathed, but it's not a pleasant experience, and certainly not one I would recommend in an intimate relationship.

tubinluv

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to share my recent experience as a small gesture of my appreciation towards this community, although it's not really a pleasant one.
My dad had been sick and was taken to the ER, looking back I didn't know why I asked this question but I asked Yi "How long does my dad have?" I got 10UC. My interpretation at the time was although his condition was tough but he would have gotten through with this and would have been recovered. He passed away two days later.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).