...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings- Hexagram 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Discriminating between high and low has such powerful connections to our actions, when faced with the proverbial (or literal) tiger. They say, your life flashes before your eyes before you die, so it's critical to make the right choices, move or not move the right way.

I forgot where I read the story, of the frail Indian girl, who ran from home because she overheard that she was sold as a slave. During her flight through the jungle, she ran into a dead end, surrounded by heavy reeds; a tiger appeared and drew close. The narrative said, the tiger thought there was too little meat on the girl's bones to go through the trouble, and so he left her.

The girl grew to be a woman, and did noble works.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I just saw 'Life of Pi' in 3d.....that was alot of time to be close to a tiger, I kept jumping out of the seat.

At the end it never is clear whether that tiger was inner or outer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I asked the I Ching to comment on the Fukushima disaster and how the plans for remedying the dangers of radio activity being released seem to be leading to another disaster as the operation will require such super human care and the tiniest mishap could lead to world destruction.
    I received hexagram 10 unchanging. This certainly seems an apt description of the problem but does it reveal the outcome? Does 10 without change lines mean the tiger does not pounce?

Rosada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10 has something solid and established about it visually as an uc hex. I just looked through my journal and 10 uc yes the tiger did not bite. I have to say that in most cases for 10 readings cahnging and unchanging the tiger that i'm treading with is my own inner primal energies, like the strength car in tarot, with a gentle touch the tiger is tamed.... Or maybe a better way to say it is freed for its own fear/ survival instincts and can walk by the woman side (tarot card imagery)

I bought a photograph from a friend the other day, a double exposed deer over a forest in Japan. She called it the forest of forgetting, referring to the part in alice in wonderland where she walks up to the edge of the forest of forgetting, and when she walks thorigh it she forgets she is different to the deer and the deer forget it is different and the walk through together her arm over the deer, but when they get to the othe edge they remember and the deer runs away.

Maybe thats why line 4 connects 10 to 61 because that kind of sharing is so tentative. But i think if it were truly a 10 story then Alice would at least still remember their differences the whole time they were walking together but would be acting with caution, knowing one abrupt move would scare the deer away. However the original version is poetic and more meaningful. Just some thoughts

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chingching For This Useful Post:

rosada (April 16th, 2016), Trojina (September 15th, 2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They say, your life flashes before your eyes before you die
    Meng, did you know that - welll i saw on a doco someone putting forward the idea that your life flashes before your eyes when you die because the brain is searching its database for survival info, for any other past lived experience similar to the one its in from which it might find info on how to get out of the situation which is killing the body. It will search deeper and deeper if it cant find any, thus why you see your whole life when you die, you die because there was no info to be found that could save you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chingching View Post
    10 has something solid and established about it visually as an uc hex. I just looked through my journal and 10 uc yes the tiger did not bite. I have to say that in most cases for 10 readings cahnging and unchanging the tiger that i'm treading with is my own inner primal energies, like the strength car in tarot, with a gentle touch the tiger is tamed.... Or maybe a better way to say it is freed for its own fear/ survival instincts and can walk by the woman side (tarot card imagery)

I bought a photograph from a friend the other day, a double exposed deer over a forest in Japan. She called it the forest of forgetting, referring to the part in alice in wonderland where she walks up to the edge of the forest of forgetting, and when she walks thorigh it she forgets she is different to the deer and the deer forget it is different and the walk through together her arm over the deer, but when they get to the othe edge they remember and the deer runs away.

Maybe thats why line 4 connects 10 to 61 because that kind of sharing is so tentative. But i think if it were truly a 10 story then Alice would at least still remember their differences the whole time they were walking together but would be acting with caution, knowing one abrupt move would scare the deer away. However the original version is poetic and more meaningful. Just some thoughts
    synchronistically (if that is a word) following a dream I related in this thread http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frien...at-the-heck-Yi (post 21 there) I thought to ask Yi of my current relationship with it. I do this rarely but I've always had quite direct answers....so I asked 'how is my connection with you ?' possibly with some trepidation. This time I got 10 unchanging so your ideas above are quite interesting to me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

chingching (September 27th, 2013), knot (October 11th, 2013)

sooo Guest

Meng, did you know that - welll i saw on a doco someone putting forward the idea that your life flashes before your eyes when you die because the brain is searching its database for survival info, for any other past lived experience similar to the one its in from which it might find info on how to get out of the situation which is killing the body. It will search deeper and deeper if it cant find any, thus why you see your whole life when you die, you die because there was no info to be found that could save you.
    No, I haven't heard that but it's a sensible function of the complex computer, called our brain.

I was asked indirectly about the Indian girl's story with the tiger recently and couldn't recall, but after thinking about it more, I'm pretty sure it was in her autobiography.

It's possible that the tiger went through a similar process about his/her own survival, calculating the caloric intake of the frail girl to the calories burned and time and energy spent while consuming her. I can understand how some may read some supernatural story element into the tiger's decision, but I think it was purely the tiger's discrimination between high and low. The tiger treads too, with survival highest on his list, as with Maslow's hierarchy.

sooo Guest

CC, as far as past lives and their (our) influences? It would be interesting to know on what medium they are recorded. It seems, if it relies entirely upon the actual brain alone to make these calculations, then the mechanism would go down with the ship.

That, to me, is where the big mystery enters to fill the void, should there be one to fill. But other than that, whatever "happens" will be a surprise to me. Maybe a lot, maybe nothing. Maybe they are the same. Maybe bliss is total unconsciousness, but it's far to illusive to grab. Dag nab it! Maybe you can't escape consciousness, no matter how hard you try; and bliss is but soft kiss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mmm thats a nice thought.

I dont think one can escape conciousness, its a necessarily vechicle. But the great thing is is that unconciousness is happening along side conciousness. Wherever you are putting your attention, its not attending to another thing. So if you are ever really stressed out about. Particular matter you can ease your suffering by considering all the bliss there must be in all the things you are not aware of due to hyperfocussing your conciouness on one particular thing

Just watched a doco on cows and this lady herd them by stepping around their 'flight circle' - an area individual to each cow where at a certain distance they will start to move away from you. By stepping in and out of this flight circle she gently herded them to whereever she wanted them to go. That's the point of 10 too to knwo how to tread without pushing the animal into full fight or flight mode, even when stepping on the tail. In the same doco there was also a disgruntled cow who hated the lady farmer, would charge at only her, so the lady framer couldnt go near the cow. I love cows

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chingching For This Useful Post:

knot (October 11th, 2013)

sooo Guest

Mmm thats a nice thought.

I dont think one can escape conciousness, its a necessarily vechicle.
    That's the biggie, isn't it? Turned around it would read: is there life after death?

There's a 4 thread going on, and I dare anyone to come forward and say they know if there's life after death, or that they can ever escape themselves. Not themselves but that which they have become like... which sucks.

I don't connect with cows, or horses, which out here is pretty wuss ass. But, what can I say? I'm living with a couple of ole cowgirls. I connect with them better.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

chingching (October 5th, 2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast