...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings- Hexagram 10

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tubinluv View Post
    I'd like to share my recent experience as a small gesture of my appreciation towards this community, although it's not really a pleasant one.
    My dad had been sick and was taken to the ER, looking back I didn't know why I asked this question but I asked Yi "How long does my dad have?" I got 10UC. My interpretation at the time was although his condition was tough but he would have gotten through with this and would have been recovered. He passed away two days later.
    Thank you for posting your experience and I'm very sorry to hear of this.

You reminded me to post a 9uc experience recently regarding my aunt dying, the pair to 10 of course.

Answers from Yi regarding illness and death really highlight that the perspective Yi answers from is beyond ours. For example when I asked about my aunt's prognosis etc I had 12.6 several times which led me to think she would overthrow her illness or it would turn out to be something that could simply be removed. But she had terminal cancer and died. From Yi's perspective of course death can be a positive thing for the person than we might understand.

If you look through these threads you can see instances of death where it wouldn't have been obvious that was what Yi was saying. I think there are some examples in the 11uc thread and the 62uc.

I can't say how the 10 applied to your dad's death. I guess the tiger was the dangerous situation he was in but you asked how long he had....and that reminds me of a 55uc example I must post regarding the same question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Answers from Yi regarding illness and death really highlight that the perspective Yi answers from is beyond ours. For example when I asked about my aunt's prognosis etc I had 12.6 several times which led me to think she would overthrow her illness or it would turn out to be something that could simply be removed. But she had terminal cancer and died. From Yi's perspective of course death can be a positive thing for the person than we might understand."

I agree with you!! I thought I'd like to share my question the next day "can my dad go home?" I got 58.4.5>19. Again, I thought although the situation was dangerous but the relating hex 19 looked positive. Either I completely misinterpreted Yi's message or as you indicated above, when it comes to illness or death, it is beyond our realm.

In hindsight, looking more and found editor’s note (James DeKorne website), there's a statement “inspiration in sincerity toward the fallen”, could this indicate that due to his condition, we sincerely prayed and he was gone very quickly (going home). Also, Legge noted that situation is perilous!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I agree with you!! I thought I'd like to share my question the next day "can my dad go home?" I got 58.4.5>19. Again, I thought although the situation was dangerous but the relating hex 19 looked positive. Either I completely misinterpreted Yi's message or as you indicated above, when it comes to illness or death, it is beyond our realm.
    Well we can't see the whole picture so to speak. Death for the one who dies may be a totally blissful release, a step into freedom from all the cares and pains they have endured through their earthly life. But if we love them obviously we don't want them to go but in the bigger scheme of things they bless us by their departure. Personally I tend to find in some ways they can be even closer to us in spirit after they passed over than before. But that all depends on your view of life after death or not.

To me 58.4.5>19 looks a little like misplaced faith, well line 5 is. You wanted him to go home bu the was on the brink of going somewhere else in line 4. 19 as the relating hexagram can show what it is that approaches, so what approaches here is 58. Hard to interpret because of course this involves a death and things I/we cannot comprehend.

Re 19 looking 'positive' seeing hexagrams as negative or positive can hinder understanding as explained by Bradford here https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...tive-Hexagrams

There is always a peril in hexagram 10, that's the tiger we must be careful not to step on. How that applied to 'How long does my dad have ?' could have meant for you 'this is something that feels very scary that you have to deal with, a tiger. Don't forget 10 is also called 'treading', taking steps behind the tiger. You were maybe fearfully and cautiously following your father's progress and it was perilous. You would have been very tentative.

Also in asking 'how long does he have left' 10 could be showing him treading a very perilous path, it's dangerous, life itself in the balance here in this case

However I cannot say I fully understand why you got this answer and I shouldn't think I ever will. But in time you may know why you got this answer because often understanding of answers unfolds over time, especially with 'big' questions like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the above link as regards to positive and negative. I tend to "rush" to these connotations when I first glance at the primary and relating hexagrams, especially when I see 23 when asking about relationship questions. I see the beauty in Iching is that in any scenario, there's an advice for it. It's not just merely "fortunetelling". Being able to follow the advice successfully or not, that's up to you and your will, but I least I don't feel like I'm stuck to a fixed outcome.

As regards to 10UC and 58 in this case, I can only guess in hindsight. By the way, I did see a post of someone named Chris, he mentioned about 10 and 58 are common or something like that in binary....more food for thought.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tubinluv For This Useful Post:

Trojina (January 18th, 2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4