...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram paintings

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The hexagram paintings are funky, be good if they were available in cards ( I was also going to say placemats but that may be an insult to the artist, but they are attractive)

I noticed the swastika symbol on hex 44.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I made a mistake...it's hexagram 28 that has the swastikas...or whatever that symbol is called when you turn it the other way around

love_boat

visitor
Reaction score
The Receptive is my favorite here, it reminds me of an old design my grandmother used to have in her kitchen. I have bought a luxury watch online which also took up such decorations and patterns in its watch face. Really love that one - some kind of transcendent art.

Last edited:

mythmaker

visitor
Reaction score
On the website if one were to read "Information about the paintings" and "Diagram showing how the lines express the form" one will get another, perhaps deeper, understanding of the relationships inherent in the I Ching in terms of color and form.

mythmaker

visitor
Reaction score
Here are two new paintings which show the relationships of the eight phases of yin and yang.
Earlier Heaven Eight Phases of Yin and Yang and Later Heaven Eight Phases of Yin and Yang.
Gold indicates the yang phases and silver indicates the yin phases.
One can see the balance and stasis in Earlier Heaven and the movement of Later Heaven.
http://barryfishman.com/eightphasesofyin.html

S

sooo

I don't know how I missed these. Love your work, Barry. Will need more time to enjoy them. Had to laugh at 51, Ha Ha! Your Guru painting captures something powerful, as do all of your portraits.

:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How amazing is it to have Yi inspired duvet covers ! I think 62 would be my choice.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Yi's response to the interviewer - 16! Image-weaving, as LiSe would say.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).