Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings, Hexagram 16

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My own sense of hexagram 16 unchanging has been
has been

quite hard to contain.

Depite the fact that it's most often called 'Enthusiasm' I think of it as 'Wishing'....and unchanging I'd sometimes call it 'Very Enthusiastic Wishing' . Sometimes heaxgaram 16 unchanging can feel to me like a big pink cumulus cloud build up over my head.....it's all up there, I may feel a strong wish to act or to communicate something, it can feel very compelling...and yet one can't always because as yet there's nothing quite yet ready to actualise. I think someone has written in wiki about the connection with 16 and mass movements...passions that can overtake crowds in rallies and so on. That sense of joining of inspiring of throwing everything into something....yes I'd say hex 16 unchanging has felt to me like an internal crowd at a football match.....raring to go...not always anywhere to put it as it's still in the realm of ideas.

where hex 15 consciousness has to deal with what is 'out there' with hexagram 16 there is no limit...the castles in the sky can be built as big as you can dream them...only there may be quite a gap between the dream and making it happen so I'd say for me hex 16uc has come up several times where I have felt the compulsion of a very enthusiastic inner football crowd....willing and wanting team A or B on....not necessarily having a tangible influence but nonetheless

Hex 16 unchanging has for me also been a straight 'get ready'....as in before anything is actualised it's thought of, dreamed of, prepared for. In a more mundane sense I've understood it as 'go do what's needed to get ready'....'getting ready' is also part of dreaming and wishing. I recall getting it for buying clothes for a job I was not yet sure I was going to take. The 16uc made me go buy the clothes and I did do the job. It was one of those times where I was quite clear 16uc told me to 'get ready'.

Lise has written 16' inspire and be inspired'

Hmm so what does Wing say of 16 unchanging, she calls 16 'harmonize' and says

" Without change, your need to harmonize is vital. Obey your inner voice if you wish to behave correctly in a current situation. If there is a decsion to be made, surrender tot he impulses of your true nature. Choose the path of least resistance. Move with the rhythm of the moment. In this way you will bew relieved of tension and open to inspired accord with the cosmos"

Hmm so she is saying she feels 16 uc kind of means 'go with it..go with whatever mad enthusiasm and compulsion you have' ? well she might not say that if she knew the wishes I'd had.... but anyway I think that's quite an interesting idea.

rambling as have bad head cold...and 16 is quite hard to write about

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately two of my 16 unchanging experiences deal with past forum controversies - if I cite them here we'll have the whole thread in 'Moderation' in a gnat's crotchet. Um. Also it was the weekly reading when I was about to choose a web designer in 2007 - and I wound up choosing based on the one I felt drawn to, moved largely by a desire to get on with things already and not spend longer on comparisons and shopping around, and this was Not A Good Decision.

Anyway, I'd better generalise. General impression of 16 unchanging: action taken with conviction, with gusto, with a big picture in mind, following the big idea regardless of context.

On the one hand, this certainly has an effect. Generates lots of reaction, supportive or opposed, or just sends out lots of ripples into the future, for good or ill. Unintended consequences - can be quite bewildering. Nowadays I'd take 16 unchanging as advice to look into where those ripple effects might go before acting. 16 is very very full of the core idea, so there's not much room for anything else - certainly not for awareness of the contexts that will actually determine how this works in practice. (Be decisive! Learn to outsource! Use your network for recommendations! All absolutely stellar ideas to act by - and acting by them, I missed early warning signs and warning readings and had a tremendously amusing time with an absentee designer.)

(Putting this together with Trojan's 'get ready, be prepared' idea is interesting!)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I googled 'gnat's crotchet' and there's nothing there so this must be some obscure saying known only by locals from one village in Oxfordshire.

'Gnat's crotchet' well it might be about how gnats would crochet if they could....but the word isn't crochet its crotchet which makes me think it has something to do with the crotch of a gnat.

You need to provide another glossary of olde Oxfordshire sayings especially those that refer to the private parts of insects

Gnat's crotchet ! :eek:

:rofl:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070530074505AAUwyFH
What is a "gnat's crotchet"?
it's a phrase used on the game show "i'm sorry, I havent a clue"
it means, within an inch of something, to be really close to it.

http://www.wordaz.com/crotchet.html
Meaning of crotchet from wikipedia
. . . .
- segment in which points are discussed by humph, who promises to award points to anyone who is 'within a gnat's crotchet' or 'a midge's minim'.
- in western musical notation , a dotted note is a note with a small dot written after it. in modern practice the dot increases the
. . . .

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I once received 16 unchanging when I helped with the end of the school year / beginning of summer talent show. Most of the kids chose to lip-sing and dance to their favorite music and of course the parents - "the ancestors" - were all invited to attend. The kids created their own acts, I just lined them up. I think it could be said I "appointed helpers and set armies marching" when I told the kids, "Get out there on stage and do your thing!"

Anyway, it seemed in this instance 16 unchanging meant energy like a three ring circus - all these 15.Individual performers creating a 16.Festival.

rosada

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
p.s. I misread the word and thought Hilary wrote "crochet" as in itsy-bitsy bugs making teeny tiny doilies and then getting all tangled up in the teeny tiny threads...

rosada

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, this is a pretty good thread for imaginations running wild...

It occurs to me that the gnat's crotchet (and the midge's minim) are features of ISIHAC's singing round.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
p.s. I misread the word and thought Hilary wrote "crochet" as in itsy-bitsy bugs making teeny tiny doilies and then getting all tangled up in the teeny tiny threads...

rosada

yes that's what i thought ....if gnats did crochet it would be incredibly fine gossamer wouldn't it.

I wonder what 'ISIHAC' is ? Back to google I suppose :rolleyes: I wonder why Hilary keeps trying to befuddle us ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oh ISIHAC is 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue'......not something I ever listened to hence the confusion :D

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score

A crotchet is a quarter note in Britspeak. I fancy a gnat's crotchet to be what happens when a gnat alights on a performer's sheet of music, making a dotted quarter note.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score

String Theory :D

S

svenrus

hex 16uc

Elephant. 1.)
Majestic.
Wise.
Trumpeting.
Great social behaviour.
.... and so on.
-------
1) Tag from Richard Rutt, Zhouyi - A bronze Age Document, Routledge 2007.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This quote made me think pure hex 16.

"What is it that makes you want to write songs ? In a way you want to stretch yourself into other people's hearts. You want to plant yourself there, or at least get a resonance, where other people become a bigger instrument than the one you're playing. It becomes almost an obsession to touch other people. To write a song that is remembered and taken to heart is a connection, a touching of bases. A thread that runs through all of us. A stab to the heart. Sometimes I think song-writing is about tightening the heart strings as much as possible without bringing on a heart attack."

Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, from his book 'Life'

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
After my made in China citrus manual press juicer broke down, just because it was cheap, I've ordered a new one: bigger, heavier and meaner, just to be sure :) But still it was made in China, there is really not much choice for this rather special tool.

So I open the box, take it out, and what do I see: not very well centered press, and when you do a couple of swings with the main handle - the moving parts squeak and the paint on the edges crumbles, leaving metal dust all over the juicer and the table.

"Oh no, not again!, It's a more expensive model but still it's ugly" came into my head.
I made a request to return the juicer to the internet shop, and to bring me another good one.

Will another one be good and centered? - 16uc.
After 2 days they brought me another juicer, and it was very well centered, the cardboard box was less damaged, yes there was some paint coming off the edges but after 30-40 swings of the handle it stopped crumbling.

I felt such a joy, finally I have a good sturdy juicer :)
Even better, one hour later there was a fireworks show at the local pond. Usually I don't get so lucky to be in a good viewing spot, but this time I did, I got a perfect view.

True joy, and also it resonates good with the change of the cycles (Nigel Richmond), out with the old, in with the new.

Last edited:

jzy369

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry, I read this thread just now. So my question was for Hilary's post a while back.

Hilary:

When you got 16uc, was your question "how will this week go?", or you had something specific in your weekly reading?

My hypothesis is that if you asked "how will my week go", then the 6 lines in 16 represents the 6 more-or-less chronological phases of "having a good time". In line (phase) 3 there exist an temptation to "cajole/seduce" boss, in desire to take a short cut. Then in line (phase ) 6 being "having a good time for a while and starting to detach from reality thus susceptiable to making wrong decision". So most phases of 16uc is hunky-dory but at the end there are dangers for "mistakes". Let let us know if such hypothesis was applicable to your case.

Last edited:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I saw your question just now! Making this an excellently drawn-out conversation. I'm afraid I don't remember that particular question, but in general my question for a weekly reading is 'Guidance for the week?' - asking more for advice than description, though in practice any hexagram offers both. So this reading would have been both 'You're going to have an Enthusiastic week' and 'you might want to look out for that...'.

This was all far too long ago to remember details of the week, but in general when lines aren't changing, I don't treat them as part of my reading.

Just had another 16 unchanging...

Background: thinking about making changes to Change Circle (which will also involve raising the price), thinking 'what about WikiWing?' since that was always intended to be a big shared enterprise, not part of a 'premium' offering.

Question: what is the right thing to do with WikiWing?
Answer: 16 unchanging.

I have a strong feeling this refers me back to the 'big idea' I originally had for it, which I was just remembering in the moment of asking the question. So in effect it says, 'Act on your vision with enthusiasm.' (Next question was 'what about having WikiWing membership available on its own?' and the answer was 55.5, so I think I must be on the right track.)

I've had a whole series of unchanging readings recently about plans for changes at Clarity. Partly they just feel like 'let me spell this out for you simply' readings, partly like, 'OK, you have the core idea; that's all you need to know to act. How it works out is how it works out, not something for you to concern yourself with now.'

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I had a good day, feeling moderate amount of bubbling, childish joy inside.
Nothing major happened, but some minor events were nice.

Small wound has healed (it was causing discomfort for 3 days, something like a paper cut on a finger - stings whenever you wash the dishes or just put the finger into water).

Finally realized some plans I had in my head for days.
Brought some excitement to a thread here, by using a cool image that got appreciated.
Changed the avatar.

A mix of relaxed attitude, mellow mood and simple joy.

B

butterfly spider

I really really really wanted to buy a house - a lovely listed cottage with orchard.

It needed a lot if work - and whilst I could afford it meant no money left. The buyers of mine pulled out.
Decisions - it was so lovely. New buyers ... Oh it was such a lovely house though - I could manage just?? Damp Rot public path through garden ... No problem. Cramped and listed (no planning allowed)

I let it go. Have not been back for 15 months. Walked there today
Sigh... I saw someone there doing building work. Could have been me
There

I did a casting about what would have happened if I had bought it

Got 16 UC

V

Vissino

Thanks trojina for sharing your experience. I can now understand an answer I had received 6 months ago.

Will my relationship be destroyed?
16 uc
Be prepared... get ready...

This is what happened. I ching was preparing me for the breakup.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I would say the kind of preparation 16 would include would be envisioning future possibilities, enthusing oneself, so it would seem unusual to take it as preparing for the end of a relationship, unless of course one was looking forward to ending it which I presume you weren't. Bear in mind a hexagram can have many meanings but perhaps here you were envisaging the end, making a picture of it in order to prepare yes, though as a direct answer to 'will my relationship be destroyed ?' I wouldn't especially see it as a 'yes', it seems more to be directing to you to notice what kind of ideas, wishes and images you are building up.

V

veavea

Hello, I've had 16uc three times in recent months always in relation to applying for a job or a situation where i needed to impress an audience/interview panel in connection to a job or promotion. I've now understood it to mean, not so much 'get ready' (although there's definitely an element of that) but that my enthusiasm should match their enthusiasm. So it's a case of playing to the audience, giving them what they want to hear on the one side - but also an exhortation for me to consider the extent of my genuine enthusiasm/commitment to whatever it is I'm applying for. As if to say: is this really what you want to do? And is this really what they want to hear? At some point these two considerations have to balance - enthusiasm on both sides has to be balanced - and that's the crux of the matter.

Vissino,in relation to your relationship, perhaps this could be applied in the context of - is enthusiasm for this relationship balanced on both sides? or are you only going through the motions, telling each other what you think they want to hear?

leighl

visitor
Reaction score
I received this unchanging hexagram when asking what I should focus on for that week. I had had an ominous feeling all day, like a cloud hanging over me. That night, someone tragically died in my house. This was a wake up call to remind myself not to be excited or disillusioned with the name of any particular hexagram.

I'm beginning to understand 16 as finding support for myself while contributing to the support network of someone else. I've received this hexagram twice now referring to someone who has heartbreaking struggles with substance abuse and their loved ones who are coping with their own lack of ability to do anything except be a part of a support network. You cannot cure a person who struggles with addiction or make their changes for them. You cannot remove your friend's grief at having lost their loved one or "fix" this reality in any way for them. Everyone is coping. Everyone is mostly helpless other than our ability to just be there as a source of brightness for the others, if we can, and seek out those sources for ourselves.

Last edited:

tubinluv

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I tried contacting my teacher just to say hi and see how's he doing. I tried calling his cell phone and home phone several times and they all went directly to his voicemail. I then tried his email and didn't get a response. I got worried because he's in his late eighties so i asked "what's going on with him, is he ok" and got 16UC.

I usually have a hard time understanding this hex, to me it's quite vague. I see many descriptions and explanations from the forum and they all make sense, but then one day, i found a simple way that makes sense to me, that i can have a connection with. I see the image of 16UC is like writing or painting on a blank sheet of paper, it's up to you how you want to create it. I think this may not cover the entire meaning of hex 16 but this is a starting point for me when i see this hex.

Few weeks later, I got an email from my teacher with a new email address. He said for some reason, his old email address got spammed so one his students had to create a new email address for him. Regarding his phone numbers, he still has the same ones but for some reason, my number was considered as telemarketers under the "Do Not Call List" so it was blocked and therefore, it went directly to his voicemail so he needs to put my number back to his contacts list.

New email address, "new number" in the contacts list. This makes sense to me but not sure if it makes sense to others.

mandarin_23

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Got it when asking about meditation, or, should I say, prayer? Or just daily relaxing and taking a deep breath and thinking about people and circumstances and what has been done or is to be done? As I don't do meditations in this way when you sit down and concentrate on some deeper point in your belly and keep calm and calm and calm again. What I do, I'd call it "heart-thinking" or so, and asked the Yi what this was.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).