...life can be translucent

Menu

Updates - post your bugs here

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
How about a thread to point out everything that's gone funny?

I'll start: the post new thread / reply/ pm box is pretty comical, isn't it? I'm looking for a fix.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oooh I feel quite disorientated...anyway so far bugs spotted are I cannot get into change circle....but maybe no one can yet ? and the only way I can see to access private messages is to open my own profile ?

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Knock, knock!

Yup, it works.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
And my dragon was killed... Where art thou? :)

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Also, my login doesn't allow me access to the Reading Circle, of which I am a member.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
also there is no 'log out' button....or is there

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Huh. You were supposed to have access to Reading Circle - rats. I will chase this one first.

Logging out - top right, click 'membership' (or 'notifications' if you have some), 'log out' is at the bottom.

Private messages - same menu.

Lost dragon - ack! Maybe it got bored with waiting, and left? I do hope it can be enticed back.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Happy to report that dragon and RC are back! Thank you.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent!

(It had taken all 'kitchen' members and made 'kitchen' their primary usergroup, overwriting the 'change circle' setting. No good deed goes unpunished.)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
When I tried to post in change circle I wasn't allowed to and had to login again. However I must have been logged in to get in there in the first place. Maybe that was a one off blip but will let you kinow if it happens again. Maybe it logged me out automatically after a period of time

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Logged in to make sure I could, started idly looking through my settings, saw a "Blog" item listed in the sidebar...huh? Seems I have access to Reading Circle, of which I am not a member. Is there a friendly bouncer in the house?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
The only solution I could find to the 'Kitchen members are shut out of Change Circle' thing was to change Kitchen settings so all its members had CC access too. Almost all Kitchen people were CC people anyway.

Bouncer... bouncer... you mean this one?
:bounce:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
When I tried to post in change circle I wasn't allowed to and had to login again. However I must have been logged in to get in there in the first place. Maybe that was a one off blip but will let you kinow if it happens again. Maybe it logged me out automatically after a period of time
I'm thinking probably blip, with all the database updating that's been going on. If it happens again, clear Clarity cookies, log out, log in, see if that fixes things.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Aww. He's a very friendly bouncer.

If it won't let you separate our access, then go ahead and "bounce" me out of the Kitchen, too. I read some of the newer threads this afternoon, and it's interesting, but I'm a duck out of water in those discussions (I have no desire to read for other people.) (eta: That is, as a business, which is what the Kitchen is about. Commenting in SR is different, not that I contribute to that either :( ...)

Anyway. Boing, boing :)

Last edited:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
All mimsy are the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe. LC

whoa, video inserts? undo button is cool. seems to be quick and light here.

Congrats, Hilary and team!

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
lisa said:
If it won't let you separate our access, then go ahead and "bounce" me out of the Kitchen, too.
OK, if you positively insist on being bounced, I'll go ahead. I'll do the edit in Amember and we can see if it propagates across here correctly...

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
All mimsy are the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe. LC

whoa, video inserts? undo button is cool. seems to be quick and light here.

Congrats, Hilary and team!

Thanks! So long as the frumious bandersnatch isn't included...

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Worked! All properly locked!

And Happy Easter to all! :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get any emoticons up.....only 'icons'

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:freak: thank goodness we haven't lost that one

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Indeed. Couldn't cope without him (or her? maybe you have to be another smilie to be able to tell...).

The default setting is to display smilies alongside the editor. In this layout, that creates a really silly mess, with an editor box about 10 characters wide. Previously I had a nice, simple add-on that moved the clickable smilies down below the editor. That isn't available for version 4 - all I could find so far is some desperately complicated thing that turns the editor into a Boeing cockpit or something, and requires manual editing of several code files. I'm asking around.

Got post thanks back, though. And I'll see about some other extras - probably start a poll in CC some time soon about what, if anything, people would like.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
:pompom::claps:

seems to work ok from here. Mabees the V.4 was designed for Macs :hide:

However, I cannot either upload images from my computer or use URL..
:rant::weep::mad::confused:

emoticons are fun though

trying from the advanced view now

Photo 105.jpg

That worked with a basic uploader.
tumblr_mgjt1s6MYi1rjnv4xo1_500.gif

OK so this works as long as the box to copy file locally is unchecked, otherwise, every file is too large.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
here's a stupid question everyone else knows the answer to except me .....what is "post quick reply" box for ? I never did know. What is the difference between that and an ordinary reply...it's just a smaller box. Now in order to get a decent sized reply box i have to to press the "Go Advanced" button. I have no idea why this is or if using this quick reply box has any advantage or what is advanced about "go advanced"

oh you can do more things in 'go advanced' but what is the point of 'quick reply' it isn't quicker is it ?

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I like the new look :) Refreshing !
btw, its probably me, but I lost my way to the kitchen

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
It means you have to post it in 15 minutes or the world s-splodes. I'm using it now, so had better be quick.

Yes, I too have tried posting images from online free domains and uploading from my computer. So it leads you to uploading (links icon) but neither of my upload sources were accepted or recognized.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
testing the VERY advanced option

table
:p
a[SUB]2[/SUB] a[SUP]2[/SUP]

gfhghgfhjfgjfjjjjf jhjhj jhj

special=%%1\$s]%%2\$sspecial]
[book=]gfhghgfhjfgjfjjjjf jhjhj jhj

[/book]

[help=]hfgfdg ygdfgd yigdasuff [/help]

[1]
  1. ^hfgfdg ygdfgd yigdasuff

hfgfdg ygdfgd yigdasuff

Love the auto-save option !!!

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't understand the image uploady thing, sorry. If you can give me a blow-by-blow description of what happens, which screen you're on, which buttons you click, what message you get, the works, I will forward it to Vbulletin support and see what happens. (Not necessarily very much, I'm afraid, but I can try.)

Anemos, we had a bit of a saga with Kitchen and Change Circle memberships getting tied up together. I wound up removing some people from the Kitchen to avoid giving them CC access too by mistake. The Kitchen's going to be empty for the foreseeable future anyway, so you're not missing anything there! (I think in future rather than setting up a separate place to get feedback, I'll just create a subforum of Reading Circle.)

The font's weird, isn't it? Looks like we got transposed to Arial or some such instead of our trusty old Trebuchet MS. Hmph. I'll see if I can change that back some time. (This will involve fiddling with stylesheets, and that can have some very odd results. You have been warned.)

soma

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for all this work Hilary. I can't get the pdfs from the online reading like I used to. It says
FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file (output started at /home/onlinecl/public_html/free_I_Ching_reading/reading_pdf.php:3)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).