...life can be translucent

Menu

Remedy for reverse kundalini

nrtood

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everybody, Pocossin, Bamboo, Sooo and the rest. I seldom post here, but i have a problem regarding sudden awakening of reverse kundalini (i found the correct name of the phenomenon by searching the internet)... the thing suddenly erupted and now it sticks to everything i do. So i asked the ching: "How do i assimilate the reverse kundalini properly so it will be cured?"

And got hex 51 shock, with the third line moving and changing to hex 55

So i think it is obvious that the i ching suggests being ready to a peak time and then take action(and not being afraid), but what kind of action i wonder? Is it mental like not taking the shock personally, but that is more suitable to hexagram 21, maybe the i ching suggest surviving the shock by more movement and stimulus like a catharsis?

What do you think?

A big thank you to everybody regardless!

littlebuddha

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everybody, Pocossin, Bamboo, Sooo and the rest. I seldom post here, but i have a problem regarding sudden awakening of reverse kundalini (i found the correct name of the phenomenon by searching the internet)... the thing suddenly erupted and now it sticks to everything i do. So i asked the ching: "How do i assimilate the reverse kundalini properly so it will be cured?"

And got hex 51 shock, with the third line moving and changing to hex 55

So i think it is obvious that the i ching suggests being ready to a peak time and then take action(and not being afraid), but what kind of action i wonder? Is it mental like not taking the shock personally, but that is more suitable to hexagram 21, maybe the i ching suggest surviving the shock by more movement and stimulus like a catharsis?

What do you think?

A big thank you to everybody regardless!
I checked Thomas Cleary's interpretation for you, for 3d Yin in Hexagram 51 it says: "When there is weakness where there should be strength, fearing one's own
inability one also fears that action will lead into trouble; trembling in fear
inside and out, body and mind are incapable of self-mastery. However, if
the will is strong in spite of weakness of constitution, one can approach
people imbued with Tao and borrow their strength to overcome one's own
weakness. Then one will be able to do what one couldn't do before. Therefore
by wary action one can eliminate trouble. This represents being wary
of one's own weakness and seeking the aid of others."
Hexagram 55, "Richness" , follows "Gradual progress" and mentions "freedom from worry" and "stabilization and carrying out practice according to an initiatory process,
whereby one gradually advances in an orderly manner, not letting the firing
process go awry."
Sorry if i can't be of more help, but it seems you are doing the right thing by asking the advice of the experienced folks here, it does seem you'll get a proper advice on how to proceed and that you'll manage to stabilize. Best of luck!

p.s. if you are taking supplements, this list might be useful http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=supplementlist (for me personally, B12 shots and a decent dose of magnesium do it )

nrtood

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for answering. Hmmm thomas cleary, i didn't think of his interpetation, So it is good you brought it. And, by the way, i think hexagram 53 is more of a gradual progress (my life hexagram).

And the site is ace, but meanwhile i didn't see any reference to reverse kundalini only to normal kundalini. Anyway reverse kundalini is even less known phenomenon then kundalini as far as official modern medicine is concerned.

But i still going to use the list in the site and the site itself, contains tons of useful information, thanks.

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
I wonder if this is the samewas the Chinese: "fire out ghost in"? If so then this is pretty scary. I think you need to go to a chi-gung master of a kundalini yoga master right. If this is what I think it is then there is a big chance of going insane.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
What do you think?

What I find very interesting about your answers is that, during a Joseph Campbell lecture on The Tibetan Book of the Dead, he referred to the Bardo experience as being the reverse of what happens during Kundalini meditation; that is, we enter the afterlife from the very top chakra, and from there, after facing extremely shocking and overwhelming (51/55) experiences, which cause loss of consciousness, wakens to fearful visions, which are projections of the sojourner's inner fears and unsteadiness, begins the movement of the Kundalini downward: from dissolution to gradually more dense and gross states of consciousness, until they realize the nature of these visions and hold together in the highest chakra that the sojourner is able to. However, if one is unable to do hold to the higher chakra consciousness because of past worldly memories and concerns, the Kundalini continues it's downward direction until they enter one of the final Bardo experiences: that of the process of being reborn into this grosser/denser form of (earthly, physical) existence.

If we were to apply this same idea to your concern of a descending Kundalini, the kind of calm taught in hex 51 is what will reverse again the process. Do not fear. Do not be overwhelmed by terrifying visions, nor have vengeful thoughts - work which defiles your conscience (superego), and all those concerns that weigh the human soul downward.

Dealing directly with the subtle matter of Kundalini is not to be taken lightly. I agree here with newlife: it can drive someone insane if they're not ready nor have a ready guide. She makes for a dangerous playmate. That's why the Yi councils to walk the golden mean, the middle path, such as the heart chakra. Leave the really heady stuff for those who are prepared to cross that great water. But nothing should be attempted by force. That snake can bite.

(Btw, sooo was one of my older names here.)

nrtood

visitor
Reaction score
Meng, the middle path and level headedness sound like a wise and correct thing to do. It is pretty awkward that i realized the opposite ( but i did figured out the ching tells me not to be afraid) what about the movement aspect of hexagram 51?

Also, Meng, do you think a heart chakra activity like praying is suitable to the situation?

Newlife, i am doing tai chi but the reverse kundalini is sticking to it, and i have no spiritual teachers in the area and that is a problem! too bad. I was kinda afraid of the possibility of going insane, but now i am not.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Movement of 51 is sudden and disorientating, and Yi's council during such shock is to find the center or your gravity, what the Buddha called the immovable spot (represented by his sitting under the Bodhi Tree in meditation before and immediately following his enlightenment).

I mention the heart chakra as a possible midway to reside in because it is grounded in the body, yet still also connected to altruistic traits and values, such as compassion, empathy, and a desire to reach out on an earthly plain, while not getting lost in the grandeur and heights of spiritual ambition and attainment, which lead to a 2.6 state of mind: earth and heaven dragon fighting, and both become injured. That injury is usually to the mental cognitive facility, which had been ignored in order to attain, by force, the heavenly realm, while still living on earth.

I don't know what you mean by the kundalini "sticking to" your tai chi practice, but I'm interested in understanding what you mean by that.

nrtood

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by the kundalini "sticking to" your tai chi practice, but I'm interested in understanding what you mean by that.
If i try to describe it, it is like a small pool of stagnant water in the top of the head that even if you try to assimilate it, it grows again endlessly, sometimes i menage to empty this pool and than there is a feeling something like dryness or dizyness and then it grows again. It sticks not only to tai chi, spiritual exercises tend to "upset" these water and then it flows down from the top of the head to the base of the spine (The only exercise that worked for a while was a version of paschal beverly randolph "volantia" where you concentrate on the flame of a candle, but that failed too). Results: the body becomes like a stench bug (then shower is a solution), decreased ability to concentrate, decreased ability to understand or comprehend things, general debility. But many times it flows down in small quantities when it is not upset.

I'm not mad meanwhile, but i admit it sounds like a hallucination, but it isn't.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I knew a Crow (Indian) shaman, who would advise going for a good walk on the ground, damp is even better, mud is great; and stamp your feet as you walk around, really pound the ground. Dancing in it is great too. Get dirty! Plant something, dig, feel dirt with your hands, embrace it.

Too much head activity up there, needs grounding. That should bite through the obstruction and get energy flowing freely again.

nrtood

visitor
Reaction score
That is kind of creative advice, i tried it, and it felt really... alive, like bursting out the sterility i live in, a little bit more energy to an energy depleted person, and it is slowly assimilates the bad energy. I will try it out every day in hope it will remedy me.

Meng, if i remember correctly, you are a shaman? If you want to, i can email you a short book i have on japanese shamanism as a gift for the advice you gave me, i just really appreciate it. Thanks.:bows:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
That's most kind of you, nrtood. But I only repeated what I was shown, and it has worked very well for me too. Daily walks and working in the dirt are the norm for me now; great for the heart and soul, and it gives my overly active head a rest.

I've had shamanic experiences but I've never considered myself a shaman. Too much work, hahaha.

I'm glad you were open enough to try it, and that you found it helpful. Nothing like a good earth stomping to ground and drain the electrical charge, stored in our mental capacitors. :)

nrtood

visitor
Reaction score
I had tried it because i was pretty much desperate and it sounds like the kind of creative advice that intuition dictates, apparently your advice helped in more ways than one, pretty unpredictable as time goes on. So if you want the book, i will deliver, if not, that's alright, and we say goodbye to this thread in a good mood.

Sofias98

visitor
Reaction score
Hi!! I think I have reverse kundalini as well:( the past 4 years have been a REAL NIGHTMARE and I feel an inverted tree.. with my roots in the sky and my leaves on the Ground !!! I need to live upside down! It’s a nightmare!!! Is this what you were experienced?? What should I do to go back to a normal feeling of not being upside down ?? I wanna die

IrfanK

visitor
Reaction score
This seems quite odd to me. Two different people coming on to this forum to talk about a fairly unusual issue, "reverse kundalini." Like Liselle, I assumed that this post was by the same person who posted in Open Space (or whose post was moved there), but now it seems like we have two different people with the same issue.

I'm certainly no expert in matters related to kundalini crises, but I'm aware that they involve dramatic shifts of energy, often very disturbing and with physical and psychological symptoms, and that they can occur as the result of meditation practices, particularly ones that involve advanced breathing techniques, visualization and the conscious direction of energy through the centers, or sometimes from the use of psychedelics, or sometimes spontaneously. I had a look around on the net to see what there was on it. This was an interesting account by someone who claims medical credentials:

https://lissarankin.com/kundalini-s...t-doctors-psychologists-and-you-need-to-know/

Okay, so lets look at 51.3

Shock comes and makes one distraught.
If shock spurs to action, one remains free of misfortune.

Well, the first part of the line looks very clear and apropos. A big burst of energy, possibly misdirected or in the wrong place. Sounds exactly like a kundalini crisis to me. And the second line tells you that you do need to do something about it. What, exactly? Well, that's a good question. Obviously, if the issue related to the kind of practices I mentioned above and if you had a teacher or guide, you should talk to them first. But I'm sure you would have thought of that. Maybe they aren't a particularly competent teacher? Maybe you were working by yourself? Maybe it was a spontaneous event?

Well, if it doesn't resolve itself -- and sofie, you said four years -- through your own efforts, then I think the "action" that you need to be spurred into taking refers to seeking expert assistance. And that's tricky. Where do you find someone that you can really trust to deal with this sort of issue? A mental health expert of some kind? Well, if you're lucky you might find someone sympathetic, or you might just get diagnosed as psychotic. Or some kind of advanced yoga expert? Well, again, you need to be lucky to get the right person. That pool is filled with sharks and incompetent people.

But even so, that's what I would assume the reading says. Maybe it suggests a favorable outcome -- that if you look for the right person, you'll find them and you will "remain free of misfortune."

EDIT: Hehe. I just realized that I've been necroposting, responding to post from about a decade ago. Sorry, I didn't look at the dates. Well, I'll leave it where it is, it can't hurt. Or I hope not. I've just spent a good hour reading up on all this stuff. Better start doing some money-work. Although I look forward to knocking off later and watching this TedTalk on Psychosis or Spiritual Awakening?:

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This seems quite odd to me. Two different people coming on to this forum to talk about a fairly unusual issue, "reverse kundalini." Like Liselle, I assumed that this post was by the same person who posted in Open Space (or whose post was moved there), but now it seems like we have two different people with the same issue.
We don't have 2 different people coming to this forum to discuss 'reverse kundalini' this thread is from 2013, 9 years ago and Sofia came along and tacked a comment onto it which made it look current.

It's not so unusual that over the last decade there has been more than one question on this.

I really do wish people wouldn't tack comments onto ancient threads since people reading think it's current as you have. You have just replied to a 2013 thread and the OP hasn't been here since 2015. Sofia wouldn't have been aware of that to be fair but still I find the habit of tacking an exclamation or some such onto a decade old thread causes confusion.

There is now a banner that comes up telling people it's an old thread but still people still tack comments on as if the OP will actually see it.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi!! I think I have reverse kundalini as well:( the past 4 years have been a REAL NIGHTMARE and I feel an inverted tree.. with my roots in the sky and my leaves on the Ground !!! I need to live upside down! It’s a nightmare!!! Is this what you were experienced?? What should I do to go back to a normal feeling of not being upside down ?? I wanna die
When you replied here you'd have seen a banner saying it was an old thread. You can see the date of the post above the name of the person. If you click that person's name you can check when they were last here. If it is many years ago there's the chance they may never see your added comment so that's worth taking into account.

Whoever is responsible for teaching you about kundalini could take some responsibility for helping you with it.

IrfanK

visitor
Reaction score
Whoever is responsible for teaching you about kundalini could take some responsibility for helping you with it.
Yeah, but it often doesn't seem to work out that way. Lots of irresponsible and incompetent teachers out there.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
True, there many irresponsible 'spiritual teachers' out there and often people get sucked in because of the phenomenon they experience which is very misleading.

And even teachers who think they are responsible don't take accountability sometimes through ignorance. They don't always realise not everyone responds to certain practices in the same way. A kind of meditation may balance one person but send another person through the roof.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).