...life can be translucent

Menu

Business Idea -> # 36 Brightness Hidden

1bigsky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good Sunday or whenever you are reading this.

I asked if I should continue pursuing a business idea that would involve changing my life around completely, including moving to a different continent. I'd have to make this all happen myself, under the power of my own steam but the idea still appeals to me (I used to live in a neighboring country before and still visit almost once a year).

Now, the result I got was # 36, a very clear message, yet what does it mean exactly for me. Is it telling me not to quit my current job (safe income but not much work satisfaction & problems w. my managers) and not to entertain such ideas?

1bigsky

visitor
Reaction score
On another note, for moving to the country I have in mind, I received 56.1.6 to 55 - Traveling into Abundance - and boy does that hit the nail on the head.
"The traveller is on a journey of his own, just passing through this place and staying for a while. To be the traveller means you are not at home here – you know you don’t belong. Also, you have a strong personal direction: wherever you find yourself for now, you know it does not define you. "

Yep, yep, yep. I knew this since I was just a kid.

"This is a cornucopia, a wealth of resources – but also a wealth of choices, tasks and demands. This is the crucial moment, where it all comes together. [...] In a time of Abundance you find that, despite what you have lost, there is a new charge given to you that leaves no place for sorrow or anxiety. It is not the time to hide yourself away and grieve the past. Decide what you will do, take it on, make the practical preparations and march out."

I feel like packing my suitcase but actually this would be at least a couple of years away. ... Love the I-Ching!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
55 as the relating hexagram does not indicate a result. In this case it probably shows your wish to reach the pinnacle of financial/business success. Regarding hex 56, the text reads that traveling is successful when minimal (the Thomas Cleary translation). This is more auspicious for taking a brief trip than moving to another country. I don't mean to shoot down your castles in the air, but problems can develop when we think Yi has endorsed our wishes and given us a green light . . . Sometimes it can take some time to realize this was not the case. It is certainly good to have hopes and dreams, though . . .

1bigsky

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, ginnie, appreciate the honest feedback.
Although, I think there is a small misunderstanding here. I said hex 56 describes me well, I didn't see it as giving me the "green light". I know there will always be obstacles. My question was about hex 36 Brightness Hidden anyway.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).