...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 22 and Money

M

mirian

For the first time I have had Hex 22 related to money issues. My question to the Yi was quite mundane. I needed to transfer money from a current account abroad into my bank in the UK. As this has ever been a lengthy and also worrying process and this time I needed to get the money here in time (and timing was very important to me) I asked the Yi questions over the period of time that I was having the transaction done. The questions were basically something like "Is this transaction coming through all right?" "Will I get the money in time?" And then Hex 22 started coming up, with different changing lines depending on the day.

I don't know if I misinterpreted the lines but I could not see in the lines anything related to the practical aspects of the transaction that I was dealing with (the transfer came through, eventually).
Anyway, my take on this is that the Yi was not quite answering my questions directly but rather addressing my concerns with money.I think that the Yi saw me as superficial, a bit shallow, over concerned about money, a bit of a material girl :D Maybe the Yi thinks that money is irrelevant :D I wanted to say to the Yi : "Hello, this money is important to me and it is for a good cause!" but Hex 22 kept coming back ;)

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
When I get 22, usually I "see" or "feel" a movement , energy flows; also something becomes apparent. So reading your casting, my impression is that Yi might referring to the actual transaction.

maybe the Yi was hearing your thoughts and kept giving 22s to say: " Hey, I'm talking about the transfer , don't call you names" :D

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I hope you're still there. I've been studying Chinese for a short while, with emphasis on the I Ching, and something about the character: 賁 - bi might interest you.

The character is composed of two parts: the top 卉 means 30 (or many) and the bottom 貝 means shells, i.e. MONEY. So this is definitely an example of synchronicity you receiving this in reference to money issues.

Also probably lucky because the character literally means "a lot of money". In practice the character bi's meaning is less "beauty" or "superficial" but instead "forge ahead (verb)" or "energetic (adjective)". How could you not energetically forge ahead if you have a lot of money!

(edit: actually, I just found another definition of bi, probably the more primary one, which stands for "bright")

Basically, the synchronicity is fascinating, and don't take the responses as too much of an insult.

Last edited:
S

svenrus

If one takes the nuclear hexagram as a hint to what I Ching is responding on then Wilhelms tag for this, hex. 40, shows clearly that The I actually is answering this particular question: Deliverance.
(Huang has Relief and Blofeld Release)

M

mirian

I
The character is composed of two parts: the top 卉 means 30 (or many) and the bottom 貝 means shells, i.e. MONEY. So this is definitely an example of synchronicity you receiving this in reference to money issues.

Also probably lucky because the character literally means "a lot of money". In practice the character bi's meaning is less "beauty" or "superficial" but instead "forge ahead (verb)" or "energetic (adjective)". How could you not energetically forge ahead if you have a lot of money!

Thanks for that. It is not a lot of money :D but it is surely a significant amount that will enable me to carry on a project that is important to me. In that case, it does make sense the idea to forge ahead (otherwise I wouldn't be able to do what I want) and energetic (because it took me a while to make a decision about it and I really had to push the issue to get things done). So, I think that in the context of your translation the hexagram and lines do fit into the transaction that I was dealing with.

M

mirian

If one takes the nuclear hexagram as a hint to what I Ching is responding on then Wilhelms tag for this, hex. 40, shows clearly that The I actually is answering this particular question: Deliverance.
(Huang has Relief and Blofeld Release)

Hello, svenrus,

I am not into the nuclears yet, it is something that I want to take a bit of time to look into (too busy at the moment :D ) but Deliverance would come into play here as the outcome, I suppose. It is me getting free of whatever was holding me back (in this case, financial restraints) to move forward, to release ties and chains, to brake free of obstacles and move on. :bows:

Rci028

visitor
Reaction score
I realise this is a late reply. The hexagram 22 relates to a graceful but weak (superficial) situation. The money transferred through with little trouble hence a graceful situation, other than the transfer there is no associated good fortune with this hence the weakness.

Olibana

visitor
Reaction score
I received the same hexagram 22 and the changing lines 3 and 6 on money issues. I interpreted the lines on a different light. Line 3 is a danger to be under a "spell of grace", a nice situation but under the intoxicating effect of good amount of free money at hand. On the other hand, line 6 is just the opposite: one has riched the higher state of development. Form is no longer important but the value, and that is why there is good fortune.
I hope this can help and please correct me to complete the understanding of this hexagram if necessary.

Olibana

visitor
Reaction score
22 hexagram on money issues

I received the same hexagram 22 and the changing lines 3 and 6 on money issues. I interpreted the lines on a different light. Line 3 is a danger to be under a "spell of grace", a nice situation but under the intoxicating effect of good amount of free money at hand. On the other hand, line 6 is just the opposite: one has riched the higher state of development. Form is no longer important but the value, and that is why there is good fortune.
I hope this can help and please correct me to complete the understanding of this hexagram if necessary.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).