...life can be translucent

Menu

What can I do to transition to being 100% self-employed? 20.4 > 12

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
What can I do to transition to being 100% self-employed? 20.4 > 12

12 seems to relate perfectly to my situation right now, stuck in the corporate world while building my part-time practice. I have been Contemplating this change for quite some time. Line 4 is throwing me for a loop, as far as translating it to current times. I've looked at quite a few translations and I'm still stuck here. Any thoughts?

Thank you

yibee

visitor
Reaction score
OMG 1eleven, I am exactly in the same situation as you are and worse still been offered a plum job in the corporate rat race to add to my conflict! I posted my thread but had to delete it due to formatting issues.

With my limited knowledge, umm...think the lines are saying you you're in command, contemplate, take the initiative and make the switch, break away from the rut.

The experts here maybe able to give better insights to the reading. All the best.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Hi yibee,
Thank you for sharing. What's funny here is my coaching practice helps others resolve those same obstacles. It's time, again, for me to hire another coach myself. :)

I followed up today with this question and I'm fascinated with the sequence from 20 to 21.

"What's the core problem my coaching prospects want to solve?"

21, Biting Through - Unchanging.

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi 1 eleven,

Line 20.4 is one of my favourites. Almost each and every time I got this reading, the meaning was literal. Are you someone's guest? If not, you should get yourself invited. Search for clients, search for new business, sell yourself (in a good way). Act like a sales agent or like a broker. Give calls, make visits, put yourself in the way of those people who could give you work that you could do on your own. This is my take. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

qafinaf

visitor
Reaction score
Hi 1eleven,

20.4 is such an interesting response to your situation. It always amazes me how I Ching's responses can be so specific. I don't know what the suggestion for you is, but here are some ideas:

The image of wind blowing over the earth suggests travel, visiting different places, observing the people and offering instruction and guidance. I imagine this as traveling around the country, but maybe it's inside your own city, from business to business, or client to client.

Line 4 describes appreciating the light or the splendor (the sanity? the health?) of the country or kingdom. It says it's good to be the guest of a king. This sounds like offering your services to government agencies or leaders of businesses. Received by them as an honored visitor but not as a permanent employee. This seems to say self-employment is a good thing, though you will still be employed temporarily.

The change to hexagram 12 I do not understand. But maybe it describes the situation in the corporate world? A breakdown of communication and of true interest and concern of the leaders for the employees?

Or maybe 12 describes an issue that you will be working to remediate. How to bring ideas into solid form.

Another take on 12 may be when you're working for yourself, you will better be able to keep your distance from the negative and unhealthy aspects of corporate life, tho you may have to work bit by bit to develop stability on your own.

Best wishes

John

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
This line is intriguing. Instead of Yi telling us something more or less specific, it says, go and see for yourself. Go be a guest in that kingdom and observe how they treat you. Try it on for size and find out how it goes.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all! I've spent a lot of time this week exploring these further to expand some ideas and gain clarity. I'll keep you all posted when I make the leap :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).