...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bozoji, Discussing the Nature of Reality // New discussion forum by Steve Marshall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bozoji, Discussing the Nature of Reality // New discussion forum by Steve Marshall

Hi all,

Got notification that Steve Marshall set up a new discussion forum. It's been up for a day or so but very lively already.

Bozoji, Discussing the Nature of Reality

Cheers

Luis

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks Luis. One way or another the link led me to this

http://www.coronzon.com/audio.htm I particularly enjoyed 'The Stormporch Roof.'...well only listened to the 3 min exerpts but that arse on the roof keeps making me chuckle.....the way arses tend to...or as you say in the US 'asses' . 'arses' are funnier though. I should find out what happened to the arse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I'll take 'arse'. The Brit accent makes everything sound refined, even insults.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Steve (or really his alter ego, Joel Biroco) has abruptly closed down the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not surprised. Most likely it was one more social experiment. Although, Joel Biroco is more at the front than at the back...

sooo Guest

Big subject to take on, complete with enough abstract barbs and thorns, such as anything pertaining to quantum theory, to annoy Yijing purists. It's no wonder Steve/Joel shut it down so quickly. A real can of worms, that, if one insists on exclusively limiting it to a Yijing related discussion.

Otoh, I enjoyed your republishing of Will Buckingham's article: On Uncertainty and the Yijing. Btw, he wouldn't be related to Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac by chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the open space in the doughnut - is the space where the divine resides, so really by imagining and associating we can meet the creation more fully ... So interesting....
    "We have to imagine more courageously if we are to greet creation more fully." J O' D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Bruce,

I had no idea you were there. I didn't participate much for lack of time and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    Big subject to take on, complete with enough abstract barbs and thorns, such as anything pertaining to quantum theory, to annoy Yijing purists. It's no wonder Steve/Joel shut it down so quickly. A real can of worms, that, if one insists on exclusively limiting it to a Yijing related discussion.
    I don't think he ever intended the forum to be about the Yijing per se. The Yijing was something else to be discussed. Steve has other interests besides, including magic, non duality studies, etc. If I remember correctly, he created his forum after being shown the door at another one where those themes were discussed.

Otoh, I enjoyed your republishing of Will Buckingham's article: On Uncertainty and the Yijing. Btw, he wouldn't be related to Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac by chance?
    Good question! But I doubt it... He's a cool guy and a philosophy professor in England and his PhD dissertation was on Emmanuel Levinas. He immersed into the Yijing not that long ago but quite passionately, including learning classical Chinese and traveling to China to see places and meet the people. Alas, like most people in academia who feel attracted to the Yijing, he plays down the "oracular" aspect of the Yi. Better to be safe amongst peers... Although, it is growing exponentially inside him.

sooo Guest

Hi Luis,

I wasn't there, just going on your comments of it and imagining the rest, though I'd have enjoyed checking it out. I didn't know Steve has those other interests. Can't imagine him being booted from any Yijing related forum.

I've never understood Yijing study while ignoring or even denying the oracle aspect; Mr. Lofting being somewhat an exception. I've heard his site is no longer up. I imagine his daughter had difficulty fielding questions. I sure would have!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    I've never understood Yijing study while ignoring or even denying the oracle aspect; Mr. Lofting being somewhat an exception. I've heard his site is no longer up. I imagine his daughter had difficulty fielding questions. I sure would have!
    Shortly after Chris Lofting's death, I downloaded the whole website expecting something like this... I can't imagine all his daughter found while going through his books and notes. A mind that, even if most wouldn't agree with him, was privileged.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast