...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bozoji, Discussing the Nature of Reality // New discussion forum by Steve Marshall

sooo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
    Shortly after Chris Lofting's death, I downloaded the whole website expecting something like this... I can't imagine all his daughter found while going through his books and notes. A mind that, even if most wouldn't agree with him, was privileged.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the article, Sparhawk. If Soo would stop deleting posts, I 'd know the hell where I was. But about Buckingham:

> the I Ching is the space at the hub that allows the wheel to turn on its axle

This is his metaphor, not mine, and I think Buckingham is fundamentally mistaken. Had he, instead of travelling to China, spent some time at Clarity, his view of the I Ching would have been radically reformed.

> because I want to flee from reason into the comforts of irrationality

Buckingham needn't flee from reason. He flees from it every night in his dreams, which, in my experience, aren't so comfortable. And his trip to China could have been saved by a like time spent at Clarity.

This page at Yitoons.com says, "You did not pass a human test. Please try again."

You don't pass my human test either, and damn if I am going to try again.
    Last edited by pocossin; February 16th, 2014 at 01:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pocossin View Post
    This page at Yitoons.com says, "You did not pass a human test. Please try again."

You don't pass my human test either, and damn if I am going to try again.
    I am so sorry, but if I don't place some sort of CAPTCHA test in the comments I'd get spammed from here to the moon!! If you didn't pass it confirms my suspicions you escaped from Area 51 with some sort of secret Yijing knowledge...

As for my blog post, well I was reviewing Will's article in Aeon Magazine. I found some of his points of view very interesting. The beauty of the Yijing is that it isn't the same thing for everyone.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

I have a comment form script with heavy anti-spam ammunition, and it, too, discovers quite a lot of alien life. Embarrassing - but without it, I would never manage to locate the real-human comments in amongst the spambots. The ratio was about 1:100 or something.

sooo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pocossin View Post
    If Soo would stop deleting posts, I 'd know the hell where I was.
    You are in NC last I heard. I haven't deleted any posts in quite awhile, though the hackers may have scrapped a couple. Yeah! Blame it on the hackers. Maybe you haven't heard but it's a woman's and a Gemini's right to change our minds .

It would help if Hilary allowed more time to do a little editing without that annoying 'edited' tag at the end. Not everyone is a world class English major and speed reader/editor here. I seriously dislike that function, though I understand why it's necessary to keep posts in a timely and ordered fashion. The one other forum I contribute to allows enough time without disrupting the sequences of posts.

On your other comments, do you think that being a frequent flier on Clarity creates a different than normal perspective of the Yijing, particularly different from someone who visits China and learns the current language? And if so, in what ways?

Better hurry your response before this is deleted by tomorrow morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm hurrying. Deleted posts, like the one between #10 and #11 in this thread. When I hit a deleted post, it's like hitting a pothole.

Wavering flight over the depths.
    No blame.

do you think that being a frequent flier on Clarity creates a different than normal perspective of the Yijing, particularly different from someone who visits China and learns the current language? And if so, in what ways?
    Yes, for appreciating the Yijing, a few weeks at Clarity is better than a tour of China. Where else can one find a multitude of diverse perspectives on the same query?

sooo Guest

Ooh, that one; I seee. That was because it started a new page without quoting Luis', whose post I was responding to. So it hung out there like a dangling participle. I deleted it to quote Luis to connect my comment to it, which oddly placed it back onto the original page. I didn't realize it creates a pothole for you, nor do I understand the mechanics of why. Maybe that might help, as I am a compassionate man .

I've sometimes wondered if what "we've" formed on Clarity is a subculture which has taken on a life of its own, thus being somewhat a bastard child of what the rest of the IC world, particularly within the country of its origin, or has perceived of it in earlier times, which a tour of China may reveal in terms of authenticity. Jung wrote of his reading of a very similar nature, in which the handles or ears of the Ting have been altered when it came to the west.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    It would help if Hilary allowed more time to do a little editing without that annoying 'edited' tag at the end. Not everyone is a world class English major and speed reader/editor here. I seriously dislike that function, though I understand why it's necessary to keep posts in a timely and ordered fashion. The one other forum I contribute to allows enough time without disrupting the sequences of posts.
    I don't think the 'edited' tag can be removed - and I wouldn't want to, it doesn't hurt anything, and you can add an explanatory note about what you edited. D'you think there's not enough time for editing overall, though? There's always a trade-off, of course, between convenience and potential munging of threads, with replies made to posts that have since disappeared or changed. But nothing bad happened last time I extended the user-edit period, so maybe a further extension would be OK, too.

(Dear oh dear, this is off-topic. Someone call the moderators...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    I enjoyed your republishing of Will Buckingham's article: On Uncertainty and the Yijing. Btw, he wouldn't be related to Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac by chance?
    Lindsay Buckingham is in America, and his two brothers are Jeff and Greg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Buckingham

Will Buckingham is in England.

http://www.transculturalwriting.com/...Buckingham.htm

sooo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hilary View Post
    I don't think the 'edited' tag can be removed - and I wouldn't want to, it doesn't hurt anything, and you can add an explanatory note about what you edited. D'you think there's not enough time for editing overall, though? There's always a trade-off, of course, between convenience and potential munging of threads, with replies made to posts that have since disappeared or changed. But nothing bad happened last time I extended the user-edit period, so maybe a further extension would be OK, too.

(Dear oh dear, this is off-topic. Someone call the moderators...)
    A little more time would be nice, imo. Longer posts take longer to proof read. I hadn't noticed an earlier extension. No, I don't think the edit feature should be removed altogether.

I haven't seen posting activity from most of the mods. Either they've been on a long vacation or we have been very well behaved boys and girls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast