...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bozoji, Discussing the Nature of Reality // New discussion forum by Steve Marshall

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Or they've become stealth moderators...

You have 3 days' editing time (and the option to ask a moderator to edit for you after that). Not enough??

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I was testing how often I could change things before that annoying box appears "last edited by Trojan blah blah"

It's irritating how usually if you just change one word or add a few words or change a spelling that box comes up. However I changed the above about 7 times, no box, maybe it's been changed.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Not by me. I don't know of any control for when the 'last edited by' message displays, though I dare say there might be one in the depths of the admin control panel.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

oh I thought that's what we were talking about....I must have wrong end of stick

but I return to edit this post once and box is here

oh well none of it actually matters I suppose
    Last edited by Trojina; February 17th, 2014 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hilary View Post
    I don't think the 'edited' tag can be removed - and I wouldn't want to, it doesn't hurt anything, and you can add an explanatory note about what you edited. D'you think there's not enough time for editing overall, though? There's always a trade-off, of course, between convenience and potential munging of threads, with replies made to posts that have since disappeared or changed. But nothing bad happened last time I extended the user-edit period, so maybe a further extension would be OK, too.

...)

I thought you meant how much time we had to change things before the silly box appears. maybe you only meant how many days we have to change things.....yes must be that is what you meant

strange no silly box appears

hurray

I've edited this post about 10 times no box.....oh well that's good I suppose
    Last edited by Trojina; February 17th, 2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: this is the silly box

sooo Guest

What Trojan said is what I meant. I don't think it's a matter of how often to edit a post but the total time allowed before the edit box appears, which I think is 5 minutes; usually enough time, providing you're Quick Draw McGraw and the edit is simple and no rethinking or image corrections are involved. It's no big deal really, just (for me anyway) a bit irritating. I guess the solution is to be more careful and proof read before posting, which you can't do as well when using the Quick Reply box. For what it's worth, www.thegearpage.net, also a vBulletin site, allows 10-15 minutes, so the feature must be available, should you choose to extend edit times. It's the nature of reality (just to keep this on topic )

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    What Trojan said is what I meant. I don't think it's a matter of how often to edit a post but the total time allowed before the edit box appears, which I think is 5 minutes; usually enough time, providing you're Quick Draw McGraw and the edit is simple and no rethinking or image corrections are involved. It's no big deal really, just (for me anyway) a bit irritating. I guess the solution is to be more careful and proof read before posting, which you can't do as well when using the Quick Reply box. For what it's worth, www.thegearpage.net, also a vBulletin site, allows 10-15 minutes, so the feature must be available, should you choose to extend edit times. It's the nature of reality (just to keep this on topic )
    Ah...so it's to do with length of time not number of revisions...Aha I'd always thought it was number of revisions.

I find it irritating enough that I exclaim aloud at it. I want more time before pointlessly being forced to announce to the world I have edited my post. 15 minutes would be better than 5 minutes. I think all the edit boxes make the place look ugly and untidy anyway and I think the frequency with which they appear is unnecessary.

I mean I'm not that bothered I just find it irritating in the way Bruce describes.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

OK - you're quite right, the option is there. (Right underneath the one for total edit time, in fact. ) I've changed it to 15 minutes before edit box appears.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks.

If there are any stealth moderators awake here is something for them to do

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frien...813#post185813

it needs moving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trojan View Post
    Thanks.

If there are any stealth moderators awake
    There has been a great flurry of moderator activity lately that doesn't show, but most of the burden has fallen on Hilary, and I do not mean just the recent hack. The only reason I am so present is that I have a Cinderella complex (not Dowling's), and house cleaning suits me.
    Last edited by pocossin; February 22nd, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast