...life can be translucent

Menu

Dream about knee surgery / recovery time

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
I had an odd dream last night - I was in the hospital recovering from knee surgery. I asked the nurse how long I'd be there recovering. All I could see was a small incision at the knee but felt fine. She joked, "9 days." I said, c'mon, seriously? She said, "2 years." I laughed. Then she said, "you've only been here 3 hours, let's wait on the Doctor." That's all I recall so I put together a reading based on Plum Blossom / I Ching Numerology.

I used Mountain as the upper trigram for "knee," the date/time of the reading for lower trigram and used the 9 days, 2 years and 3 hours to find the moving line.

[☶] ☳ ☶
☰ ☱ ☲

26.2 > 22
(54 Nuclear)

Taming Power of the Great (Marrying Maiden) > Grace

Metal exhausts Earth - misfortune
(Metal destroys wood) - misfortune
Fire produces Earth - good fortune

In the primary hexagram, I see this as young man/youngest brother (me) being kept still by injury and Doctor. Also, by "oldest brother" in the nuclear hexagram - harshness. Metal destroys wood - money destroys oldest brother.

Line 2 seems to be about a severed relationship / broken axle / joint and patience/waiting.

Fire produces Earth confuses me here - enlightenment or illumination, possibly involving my wife and patience leads to good fortune? Fire nurturing Earth.. but watch for excess. What seems great outside isn't so great internally.

Overall, this seems related to recent events around our wedding. My oldest brother and his family could not make the trip for our destination wedding due to financial reasons and other obligations. We made the best of it, but they were definitely missed. There was/is also some frustration around their priorities knowing that if the situation were reversed, we would do whatever we had to do to be there for them.

Any further insights here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I have been dreaming about Plum Blossom myself. I was in front of a high mansion with square, fluted columns. The building was of a light pink, sandstone color. There were many stone steps leading to the door and some weeds growing between the stones, but the the building was not in disrepair. I though of the difficulty in reaching the door but proceeded up the steps and was somehow able to enter. Inside I found a study with shelves of folders which were mostly in the dark, but there was a desk with a very bright reading light. When I woke up I realized I had been dreaming about the Palace of Plum Blossom.

To be weak in the knees is to be overcome by strong emotion, so you were perhaps seeking an emotional repair. Even though you are temporarily in an inferior position (54), hexagram 22 suggests that proprieties will eventually be observed.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Hi pocossin,
Cool dream - thank you for sharing. If you'd like to experiment a little let's try something - focus on the dream itself and give me the first three single digits that come to mind. Now focus on how you feel the dream relates to you, in this moment, and give me the first three single digits for that.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
If you'd like to experiment a little let's try something - focus on the dream itself and give me the first three single digits that come to mind. Now focus on how you feel the dream relates to you, in this moment, and give me the first three single digits for that.

2 3 1

9 4 2

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you - I haven't had a chance to get to this, yet, but will post the results ASAP.

I just got a nice raise at work on the 9th day of October (today), at 2pm. It was also back dated from the 30th - and I've been back 3 days from my honeymoon. I couldn't really "see" anything until now, like the knee. How's that for synchronicity?

Last edited:

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
☶ ☷ ☶
[☵] ☳ ☱

4.1 (24) > 41

Earth destroys Water - misfortune
Earth injures Wood - slight misfortune
Earth produces Metal - good fortune

Earth - youngest son, stubborn, stagnant, temple, building
Water - middle son, danger, aimless, busy, flexible, container

Earth - mother, wife, patient, passive, storage place, home, steps leading to house
Wood - Older man, oldest son/brother, movement, shock, anxious, wood, grassy area, tall building

Earth - youngest son, stubborn, stagnant, temple, building
Metal - youngest daughter, servant, harmonious, dry well, unsafe building

Line 1, shackled, unshackled. punished, released. Restraint and discipline should be applied.

This dream has a very Earthy feel to me. Sandstone, steps, building, pink, etc. This seems to me like a dream about stability (earth over water) - if it does pertain to Plum Blossom then there's inexperience that will need to be reigned in to solidify the water to ice (metal). By remaining balanced and disciplined stillness can resolve into action. Things are slow going but being stirred up (well lit) and eventually produce good fortune.. deepening roots for gradual growth. I believe the illuminated desk is the target but you're currently surrounded by stagnation and darkness. Feedback?

Last edited:

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
2 3 1

9 4 2

If I were using numerology these both resolve to 6. 6 and 15/6 (15 indicates change and movement regarding confidence/leadership. Issues around family commitments, community and relationships. Taking on too much responsibility. My advice would be to be a mentor.. serve with love and make yourself your first priority (health.. by chance, are you currently experiencing back pain?)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
4.1 (24) > 31

Should be 4.1 (24) > 41

If [ ] marks the core (ti), then the casting should look like this:
Code:
 [☶] ☷ ☶ 
  ☵  ☳ ☱

This is a far more optimistic situation since earth rules water and has two friends in the periphery (yong) that somewhat offset the loss to wood and metal. As I understood the dream before going back to sleep, the color of the building was the color of plum blossoms. Its age and dignity signified the age and dignity of this study. The high steps referred to difficulty of access. Most of the shelves being in darkness meant that much of this study will be inaccessible to me because I do not Chinese, and then too, life is short considering the work to be done, but the brightly lit desk meant that much could be achieved.

by chance, are you currently experiencing back pain?

No back pain, but I did notice a tender point in a shoulder joint. It should massage out easily.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry about the 31/41 typo. I edited my original post.

The subject (ti) was created as the base (the dream itself).

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Typically in Early Heaven methods the ti is the trigram without the changing line.

In the predictive hexagram, the primary trigram containing the moving line is called the fate trigram. It shows what will happen in the prediction. The primary trigram without without the moving line is called the subject trigram, and represents the subject of the prediction (Da Liu, p.29).

In Later Heaven the changing line can occur in the subject trigram, as in Da Liu's sad old man example on p.51. Since it's Plum Blossom, you can do however you wish, but querents might ask for an explanation :)

The subject (ti) was created as the base (the dream itself).

How do you relate dreams and ☵ ? And how did you select ☶ for the upper trigram?

Last edited:

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
How do you relate dreams and ☵ ? And how did you select ☶ for the upper trigram?

"focus on the dream itself and give me the first three single digits that come to mind."
2 3 1 = 6, the dream itself became ☵ (early sequence)

"Now focus on how you feel the dream relates to you, in this moment, and give me the first three single digits for that.
9 4 2 = 15/8, remainder 7, ☶

The date and time of your post of those numbers became the moving line of 1.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).