...life can be translucent

Menu

Sports Prediction

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at using the Yi Jing for sports prediction. Specifically, my own variant of Plum Blossom. Please note this is for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY.

Will the Philadelphia Eagles WIN vs Tamp Bay Buccaneers?

[☵] ☶ ☵
☵ ☳ ☴

29.3 (27) > 48

Water Earth/Mountain Water
Water Wood Wood

Initially, I see this as a No - Eagles lose. However, water is strong in Autumn and I feel they will overcome adversity and sneak away with a win. It will be close though, a game of back and forth. They will be limited on the ground (running game is slowed - earth) but with patience and proper adjustments they will prevail. If adjustments aren't made by halftime, they will lose - wood exhausts water. They may need to win this game in the air but there are troubles... back and forth battle with the Eagles emerging (barely - perhaps in Overtime). This also has the classic set up of a "Trap" game, sandwiched between NFC East rival games (Giants and Cowboys). If I had to make a play, it would be small on the Eagles but the evidence is clear... a game to PASS on.

I look forward to watching how this plays out tomorrow.

1eleven

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Eagles = bird = ☴
Buccaneers = water = ☵

☵ is above ☴ in the resulting hexagram, so my guess is that the Buccaneers will come out on top. One of us should be right :)

☶ goalposts
☳ kick

B

blue_angel

Will the Eagles win verses the Buccaneers?

29- iching says you repeatedly ask it questions which is good so it can guide you in learning life lessons

Line 3- iching says you're getting on its nerves with this question so

48- it wont answer, the rope doesn't reach the
well.

Just kidding! I just don't like the Eagles! Buccaneers will win! :p

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, pocossin! It was very enjoyable to watch. I had to smile when the commentator said something about this game being a "see-saw" battle.

I like your ideas above - I guess I had an edge knowing how the trigrams were derived. Water definitely represented the Eagles in the primary.

Stay tuned for more fun and games this week!

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Also, I just noticed the result hexagram is 6 over 5 - they won by 11, 31-20.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score

29- iching says you repeatedly ask it questions which is good so it can guide you in learning life lessons

well.

And I'm sending virtual, cosmic raspberries to blue_angel!! PFFffFFFffffFffffttTTtttt ;)

B

blue_angel

:rofl: nice reading, good call, definitely makes it interesting.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, and thank you both for your excellent insights throughout this site.

blue_angel, thanks for keeping things light and fun (as angels do)... I'm here to learn and integrate what is learned. It's never about right or wrong.

All the best.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Will the Eagles win vs Cowboys?

I'm a little short on time to post today so I'll try to keep this brief. The trigram codes aren't cooperating here so sorry for the lack of visuals.

48.4 (38) > 28

I'll be honest, I don't have a great feel for this reading as I did last week. I'm confident in the formula though and I believe this is correct - it's just the depth of really getting into the interpretation just wasn't there (distractions, fatigue, etc). With that said, I believe the answer is No, the Eagles will not win vs Cowboys. They will be trapped in the center - possibly lots of good drives moving the ball but lack of results. This game will be won with field position - center of the field. Eagles more successful with field goals instead of touchdowns and it won't be enough. Dallas wins by 7.. or, between 5 and 7.

As an Eagles fan, I hope I'm wrong here. Any other thoughts or opinions?

1eleven

B

blue_angel

I hate the Cowboys more than I dislike the Eagles. I'll look more at the reading and see if I can get an idea lol.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
48.4 (38) > 28

☵ ☲ ☱
☴ ☱ ☴

Which trigram represents the Eagles?

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Right again, 1eleven. How did you make this interpretation?

Study of the trigram interactions and hexagrams - no reference to any text or lines.

There doesn't seem to be much interest here but I'd love to elaborate further. I may put together a document on how I'm doing these with a few more case studies to reference.

Cathalina

visitor
Reaction score

well.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Blue_Angel, you're too awesome and too cute!

Study of the trigram interactions and hexagrams - no reference to any text or lines.

There doesn't seem to be much interest here but I'd love to elaborate further. I may put together a document on how I'm doing these with a few more case studies to reference.

I am also interested! I don't follow sports but this thread has been very interesting and I would love to know more about how you got your interpretations, there's a lot to learn from you.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Blue_Angel, you're too awesome and too cute!

I am also interested! I don't follow sports but this thread has been very interesting and I would love to know more about how you got your interpretations, there's a lot to learn from you.

Thank you for your interest and support. I'm working on a few things and trying to come up with the best approach to present these ideas for the greater good. This isn't something I'd want in the wrong hands.

Thanks again, and stay tuned...

globalex

visitor
Reaction score
Hi 1eleven,
Great thread. Fascinating reading.
How did you come up with the original Hexagram 29.3 - coins, yarrow sticks, dice, etc?
Hope you have more on these sports game. It really highlights what the I-Ching can do. Also, it encourages me to read more and study the I-Ching.
Thanks for the thread and please keep me posted for your next sport prediction.
Cheers
globalex
PS: I know there are tens of other types of divination methodologies, such as, tarot, scrying, etc. Any idea whether any of them can predict the outcome as well? And as accurate as the I-Ching?

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Hi 1eleven,
Great thread. Fascinating reading.
How did you come up with the original Hexagram 29.3 - coins, yarrow sticks, dice, etc?
Hope you have more on these sports game. It really highlights what the I-Ching can do. Also, it encourages me to read more and study the I-Ching.
Thanks for the thread and please keep me posted for your next sport prediction.
Cheers
globalex
PS: I know there are tens of other types of divination methodologies, such as, tarot, scrying, etc. Any idea whether any of them can predict the outcome as well? And as accurate as the I-Ching?

Hi globalex,
Thank you. The hexagrams in this thread were derived by calculations I created - a combination of numerology, plum blossom and timing.

As far as other types for prediction, I've had similar success with Lenormand and if you really want to go crazy look into ARV or H-ARV.

Jon

globalex

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jon,
Thank you for your reply.
I also use Shao-Yung's numerology method (Plum Blossom). I'm not an expert just a beginner. The method is incredibly accurate IF ONLY one knows how to interpret the trigrams. The thing is that after finding out which team won the match, the methodology does not tell you the exact score. I believe there is a way of using the Plum Blossom methodology to calculate the results but unfortunately I have not the slightest idea. Do you know?
This Leonormand, ARV or H-ARV, is this a mathematical software?
Regards
globalex

globalex

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jon,
Thank you for your reply.
I also use Shao-Yung's numerology method (Plum Blossom). I'm not an expert just a beginner. The method is incredibly accurate IF ONLY one knows how to interpret the trigrams. The thing is that after finding out which team won the match, the methodology does not tell you the exact score. I believe there is a way of using the Plum Blossom methodology to calculate the results but unfortunately I have not the slightest idea. Do you know?
This Leonormand, ARV or H-ARV, is this a mathematical software?
Regards
globalex

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Hi globalex,
Lenormand is a style of cards based on 36 symbols. ARV is associated remote viewing - remote viewing for binary choices. Or, in the case of sports - almost binary since a tie is possible. H-ARV is a Hybrid form of ARV.

Regarding the exact score, do you need that level of detail? I don't think so - if you're looking for say an over/under total score then you can set up the reading for that, specifically. With any of the above, be prepared to put in the time - there are no handouts, unfortunately. If you do put that time in, results of 80%+ are achievable.

Do you have Da Liu's, I Ching Numerology?

Jon

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks - I'm not sure if his book is available. While I enjoyed reading those posts in the past they weren't concise enough to follow along. I will say this, keep everything as simple as possible. (but not simpler - Einstein)

The conversion of time to lunar, zodiac, etc is not necessary. There is a 'chain of custody' in these castings. For example, if I do a reading about a friend named Bob. I don't need to elaborate further and go into all the details about Bob, his age, his birthday, his last name, his current location. It's simply understood in the intent of the reading as he pertains to me. So, same goes for time. If I do a casting for a game at 4pm, same deal - it's understood bc it's relative to me. There's no need to complicate a reading further - get the result, analyze the relationships, make a judgement based on those results and, most importantly, gather feedback/track results and adjust from there.

Jon

globalex

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.
I do have Da Liu’s I Ching Numerology. Thanks to sparhawk and pocossin for it.

After reading the book, I am using soccer matches or any sport games to practice it on. I am not a gambler. But I do know one thing, and that is, practise makes perfect. So, I am using this Plum Blossom methodology to practice on anything that I can get hold of. I even use it on social occasions as well as the weather.

Personally, the Plum Blossom methodology is incredibly accurate. For weather, I have predicted with almost 90% accuracy. The remaining 10% is because I am still unable to interpret some of the formations created by the trigrams and/or hexagrams. I am still learning, so to speak.

For social occasions, I’m still not good at it. Just the other day, I put up a thread on whether I should go to a Xmas BBQ. Three members - trojan, sooo and pocossin - said yes. After going back to my work paper, I misread and misinterpreted the hexagram. The final changed hexagram is Hex 45 which is Gathering. The original cast hexagram is Hex 6.2.6 which stumped me.

Some members even commented that why am I using the I-Ching to even predict on social occasions. Well, this is personal, I guess, but I made the mistake for not doing so when I attended the Loi Krathong Festival on Sunday, 10 Nov 2013. The festival was from 10 am to 5 pm. I reached the place around 1 pm. Between 2 and 2.15 pm, a windstorm came along followed by a thunderstorm. The entire festival was cancelled as many of the food stalls were blown away, almost everyone there got drenched from head to toe, children were crying, electricity was cut and one vehicle was damaged from a fallen branch. Luckily, no one was hurt. If I have used Plum Blossom to predict the outcome on that day, I would not have gone.

Regarding sport matches, you asked why I want to go further into detail regarding the score. Well, in my opinion, I don’t like to do things half way. I like to go full hog or none at all. What’s the point of learning half the equation, half the prediction, half of everything and not the whole thing?

About a few days ago, there was a soccer match between the Central Coast Mariners and the Melbourne Victory on Friday, 29 November 2013, at 7.30 pm. The venue is at the Blue Tongue Stadium in Gosford, New South Wales. This was Round 7 of the A-League (Australia). Using Plum Blossom, I got Hex 1.1 which changes to Hex 44. I made the prediction on the 28th of November, 2013 at 8.30 pm in the evening. The match resulted in a goalless draw.

Here are my questions:
(1) In Hex 1.1, the upper trigram reinforces the lower trigram. But in the changed hexagram, Hex 44, the upper trigram (metal) destroys or impedes the lower trigram (wood). If that is so, why is there a draw?
(2) Does change to Line 1 has any significant meaning(s) to the interpretation? What about a change to Line 6? (I read somewhere that Line 1 is not actively involved as yet and Line 6 is no longer involved. So, how does one interprets them?)
(3) There is nothing in the trigrams or hexagrams that says the result is 0 – 0. In fact, a draw can be 1 – 1; 2 – 2; 3 -3; etc. How can one tell from the trigrams and hexagrams? Any ideas?

Regards
globalex

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
About a few days ago, there was a soccer match between the Central Coast Mariners and the Melbourne Victory on Friday, 29 November 2013, at 7.30 pm. The venue is at the Blue Tongue Stadium in Gosford, New South Wales. This was Round 7 of the A-League (Australia). Using Plum Blossom, I got Hex 1.1 which changes to Hex 44. I made the prediction on the 28th of November, 2013 at 8.30 pm in the evening. The match resulted in a goalless draw.

Here are my questions:
(1) In Hex 1.1, the upper trigram reinforces the lower trigram. But in the changed hexagram, Hex 44, the upper trigram (metal) destroys or impedes the lower trigram (wood). If that is so, why is there a draw?
(2) Does change to Line 1 has any significant meaning(s) to the interpretation? What about a change to Line 6? (I read somewhere that Line 1 is not actively involved as yet and Line 6 is no longer involved. So, how does one interprets them?)
(3) There is nothing in the trigrams or hexagrams that says the result is 0 – 0. In fact, a draw can be 1 – 1; 2 – 2; 3 -3; etc. How can one tell from the trigrams and hexagrams? Any ideas?

Regards
globalex

How was the reading framed? What was the specific question?

Jon

globalex

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jon,

For the soccer match between Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory, the hexagram was calculated as follows:

For the upper trigram, I used the whole sentence - Central Coast Mariners vs Melbourne Victory - which accounts for 17 letters. Therefore, 17/8 gives 2 r 1.
For the lower trigram, it's year-month-day-time which gives 49/8 = 6 r 1
For the changing line, it's 49/6 = 8 r 1

From the above, I got the Hex 1.1 > 44

Cheers
globalex

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Hi globalex,
Thank you for the clarification but you haven't answered this: what was the specific question? as in, what did you want to know about that game?

Jon

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).