...life can be translucent

Menu

48.4.5 > 32 - How can I bring my best qualities out into the world?

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
I came across this question in a Feng Shui book I read recently.

How can I bring my best qualities out into the world?

48.4.5 > 32

Thoughts?

Thanks,
1eleven

B

blue_angel

Hi,

Too many thoughts :) 48- do what's necessary to replenish and reach the well. I see the well as your spirit, your true self. When you need to dig deeper, recognize that. When you need to reach out more, do so. When you need to nourish yourself, replenish the well. Share with others, do so without expectations of anything in return, and dont be excessive. When you are able to recognize good people, open up to them. Create an open path. And just do the best you can. 32- I'm sure there are many things to be said about, so I don't write you a book... I will say, be lasting, have endurance, and patience. In your lines, I really think you already have all of the right qualities and you are doing very
well. So I wonder if your overall reading could be saying, continue as you
are... :rolleyes:

Blue_Angel

chibi chan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi 1eleven,

Good question...and you've received what I think is an equally good answer. Although I always wish the Yi would just spell things out for me. Something like do A then B then C and you'll become enlightened (or whatever I want to do). It never does. Anyway...

48 (The Well). I always get this line when it seems that I have the potential to give something of myself (something good). It also feels as if whatever that good is, I have it. But I'm probably not be utilizing it right now.

48.4 (The Well is being lined). Part of Wilhelm's interpretation says "In life also there are times when a man must put himself in order." LiSe says (in part) "Never resign yourself to a low spirit, a depression, lack of inspiration, unhappiness. Do something about it!"

48.5 (In the well there is a clear, cold spring from which one can drink). Part of Wilhelm's interpretation says "A man who has virtues like a well of this sort is born to be a leader and savior of men, for he has the water of life." Lise says "Just make your mind and heart and soul clear, and it will well up in plenty."

32 (Duration). Wilhelm: "Heavenly bodies exemplify duration. They move in their fixed orbits, and because of this their light-giving power endures. The seasons of the year follow a fixed law of change and transformation, hence can produce effects that endure."

So what I think this all boils down to is...You're working on yourself now (keep doing it and look for inspiration from within and without), but don't doubt for a second that you have some really great stuff in your well and that you're able to be a great leader or savior of men (or something super noble). You can produce effects that endure.

That's the way I see it. I hope that helps.

Chibi Chan

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both very much - between this thread and a few more book references I'm a bit clearer on this. Where it gets confusing to me is who is being replenished by the well... me, others, both? As a coach, I help people get out of their own way and gain clarity on their issues so they can create what they want in their life. So, this question seems to be speaking to replenishing myself, first, so I can continue to replenish others.

I just read, regarding line 5, "Self-reflection brings enlightenment." I think that clears that up. It starts within and the outer world reflects that.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
S

sooo

In the words of a Vietnamese prostitute, me love you long time.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The lines are generally thought to happen in a time sequence starting at the bottom and working up towards the top. That being the case, it is indicated by 48.4 that the Well is in the process of being repaired, and after that the water, the source, will be clear. So, getting 48.4.5 is not the same as getting 4.5. There is some kind of inner repair work that must be done.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
You're right, Ginnie. Line 4 is a preparation for the future which changes to 28. (Huang)

chibi chan

visitor
Reaction score
1eleven,

Based on what you do:
As a coach, I help people get out of their own way and gain clarity on their issues so they can create what they want in their life.

What a great reading!

Let me know when you feel your well is replenished/lined/inspired...I'll totally sign up. I get in my own way all the time. You'll have your work cut out for you :D

Chibi Chan

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).