...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 49 unchanging: Buying a property

18ksub

Hi Folks,

I have been negotiating on an apartment that I like, I made an offer, and the seller has countered with another offer.

However, as I am already stretching my budget, I could only go a little more, so I made my second, higher offer.

I just learned from the realtor that the seller is standing firm this time with the first counter-offer and will not move. To me, it is a bit of a stretch, but I guess still acceptable as I will be buying below the assessed value.

Unsure of what to do, I focused on the matter and consulted the iching, yielding hexagram 49 with no changing lines. Hexagram 49, as far as I know, implies change or innovation, i.e., doing away with the old and moving with the new. I am not really sure what it means in my case though, does it mean doing away with my old offer and moving with the new offer?

Your thoughts please?

Thanks!

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
(Should I pay the seller's price?)
49 unchanging.

Is the assessed value market value? Clearly not, or the property would already have been sold to someone else. Hexagram 49 is the hexagram of the skin, for example, the rawhide of line 1, and in your case I think you are likely to be skinned by a savvy seller. The seller takes you to be an anxious buyer. Inform the realtor that you expect compromise. Remember, the seller has the expense of upkeep, taxes, and perhaps the hassle of renting. Let him stew in his own juices. He may come to consider your second offer generous, and if the property has depreciated or the market is down, stand firm with your first offer. Make the seller pay for additional delay. Time is money. If he wastes your time, make him pay.

fallada

visitor
Reaction score
Variations on the old theme are not what is needed here: there is no such thing as a small or partial revolution. Look for another property, kick out the realtor, no mandate any more.
If you are seriouse about it .... the announced revolution won't happen (they never do!?)
A true 49 uc situation!
Keep us updated, please.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).