...life can be translucent

Menu

Lee Burton Math on YouTube and other math-insight by Paul Martyn-Smith

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
The maths from the I Ching has now moved further onward by the finding of both binary opposites and binary reversals in the same symmetrical pattern, and the same total values of Precession. The symmetrical position within the 8 x 8 square of binary opposites, which between each pairings, give a common integer values in each of the 4 Outer Directions or Elements of the Ho Tu (1 - 6 North = 84), and this symmetrical reduction gives the 5th Inner Central Square to the value of Trigrams 5 + 30 and 10 = 60 (5+ 10 = 90): But a way to also fit Binary Reversals as a symmetric pattern has been found, as the Trigram sequence of Earlyheaven (The Family) can been seen as reflection = one sequence counting from 123 = 6 and 6,12,18 = 36, to 321 = 6, and 18,12,6 = 36. This places Sun and Tui together (Eldest to Youngest Daughter), and Chen and Ken (Eldest and Youngest Sons) together, and thus the Upper or Outer Sequence of 12345678 appears in the Lower Sequence as 14327658. Both give binary pairings = 9s, and are given as reversals = 18, 81, 27, 72, 36, 63, 45, 54 in the Ho Tu's values 1-6, 2-7, 3-8 and 4-9, as a pattern of placing opposite integers together as Odd to Even,and Even to Odd = Trigram Sequences starting with Ch'ien = Heaven, and the other starting with K'un, which are both complete binary opposites between which 6 other images are created. Oppositerevers2.jpg Opposreverstrines3 2.jpg

The placement in all the 9 x 9 values into the values of Trigrams gives a stack of 9 lines of numbers, firstly in the contracted 1 to 9 = 9s in all opposite direction of a Magic Square, then in +1 to 89 = 90, then x 6s = 540 (Central 270).

V

veavea

This is really useful, thanks - I hadn't seen them but was just mulling over the question of binaries and maths in the yi and so seeing this is pleasantly synchronicitous!!

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
The maths of 9 x 9. The Ho Tu gives the first 1 to 9 = 5 + 10 = 5 Elements.

I have showed since 2005/6, and in a book published in 2007 The Sum of things, Morrigan Books, that the maths of the I Ching appears in a set of 4 Outer 8 x 8 Squares (of 64 hexagrams or 32 binary Opposites) that all have a common average value in each of the 5 Elements (10 Cyclic Signs) or Directions. The 5th central Element of Earth is the reduction of the 4 Outer Squares, as all squares are symmetric in both value and binary images. The values found in the 9 x 9 = Time and measurement's of Division starting with the 360 degrees, giving a total of Precession = 25,920 and 51840. The same values are attained in both an Ascending count = 123 = 6 and a Descending 321 = 6, as the union of the Ascending and Descending not only give the Binary Opposites but also a Pattern of Reversals.

Ken Taylor firstly did a graphic of the basic maths in the +6s, as in 1 to 9 the values = 6 to 64 = 60, which as a central 8 x 8 joins with 5 = 30, and then both Lee and Quincy Roberson have both confirmed these maths, and Quincy has now put his findings in the public domain.. These maths from the I Ching has been taken up by VBM based maths, but they have only taken these maths so far, omitting the natural number to binary links (possibly because the maths is copyrighted by myself so their use would need a reference), and though VBM have given the value of 124875, as the values found in the binary expansion from Trigrams to Hexagrams that are the same as the pairings of 'Contracted Integers' 18,81, 27,72, 36,63, 45 and 54 (all = 9s), they have fail so far to give the Binary Framework through which al numbers contracted and expanded are structured. Today I found that the graphics done by Ken Taylor of the maths in the +6s, and this is shown now as a direct link on Google, and as this remains the first base of the investigation into the meanings and uses contained in the maths from the I Ching - it remains the simplest to comprehend as it's based on simple additions of the single, double and triple of any number = 6s that when doubled = +12s. The binary images are just denoting the use of 3 and 6 numbers, as all 3s = 6s and 6s all = +7s. In this the I Ching gives two streams that both generate 3s ,6s and 9s.The central 5 Element in the 9 x 9 = 1080 + 1080 = 2160, so Cn 5 in the Lo Shu = 2160 and the diagonal opposites in the 3 x 3 = 10s = 4320: Each Direction of the Lo Shu = 6480 so the Lo Shu's 3 x 3 = Precession.
http://www.wavewrights.com/pub/eh_oracle/site/he_tu/index.html

F

Freedda

I have looked at a few of these videos, and tried reading a bit from Paul Martyn-Smith's book 'the sum of things' and found almost nothing useful in furthering my understanding of the I Ching. By way of example, from the Sum:

"They probably took this from the Hexagram of Enthusiasm (Ambitious Enthusiasm)’.

"So in following the vision's of daydream and its accompanying thought dialogue, when they are in fact stating what should not be followed, movement becomes difficult because of personal involvement in the creative process. All wrongful involvement has returns upon future outcomes in duality (the double gates), which close up the two pieces of wood (the clappers) that make up the female line (the arms are put up). The watchman or eunuch (who has nothing between the legs) is placed under the attributes of the Trigram Kan, the youngest son, Keeping Still, whose two bottom lines are broken apart. Kan is also the mountain, doors, openings, fruits, seeds, fingers, little stones (that are heaped up), and the long roots of the tree. It is the youngest son who marries his opposite, the youngest daughter who is the Trigram Tui, The Joyous Lake, who is a concubine, sorceress, tongue, mouth (as in Kali), dropping off, bursting open, and the sheep that follows.

"The transformation of their union is the performance of the dance in which the seeds of Heaven and Earth are mixed - as through their union all is reborn and attains 'Duration'. The concubine is taken into 'The House' to perform a task of giving birth, but she remains under the guidance of the older woman who is empty or barren (the guidelines of Sun, the eldest sister, and K'un whose lines are all empty). ...."

What? .... And while there might be some insights or grains of truth to be gleaned in all this, the fact that someone expects us to wade through 300 or so pages of drivel to find them is beyond the Pale.

The videos and posts on the math of the Yi makes no sense to me, nor do I see it providing any real purpose.

And if I am wrong ... or just not getting it ... or otherwise misguided, please guide me.

S

svenrus

Hi, sorry if You felt like wasting time on my links ! Personally I found it inspiring.
I think I belong to those who welcome any new perspectives on the I - yet I must admit that I didn't understood much of the math presented in the video's...
Those who created the I Ching are gone long ago and we haven't got a chance to ask them whether to example the text we have at hand is identical to the text given 3, 4, 5 .... thousands of years ago (war's, corruptions etc. through millennias). We are left over to a sort of guessing-game and I believe that any (literaly: any) attempt to open up doors no matter how fairy- or phantasylike could bring some clues somehow ?
Please take my posting only then as inspiration loosely to consider.

F

Freedda

Svenrus, I apologize for perhaps being too harsh with my judgements here. It still does not make sense to me, and I don't really find it inspiring; and I'm not looking for any sort of unifying theory tying the I Ching to Buddha, Jesus, the ascended masters, etc. etc.

But you started this off by saying you find these things inspiring and interesting, and that's really what I should be going with.

Regards, David.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry for my error in saying 1 to = 6 to 64 as of course it's 6 to 54, so 5 = 30 and 10 = 60 form when the values of 1 to 9 are found, and then added together. In the Hexagrams, when they are set into the natural 9 x 9, which as contracted 1 to 9 = 9s in all opposite positions so it's a Magic Square with central value = 9 = 45 and this 45 is x 6 = 270. This is the Trigram Sequence that is based on +6s that double into the Hexagrams as +12s as all of the values run the pairing of all the Hexagrams or 64 cubes. To understand the Ho Tu's direction on how to place the 10 Cyclic Signs together then all works to produce all pairing of numbers = 3s, 6s and 9s. This is now being claimed by VBM but is from the I Ching and many other ancient cultural systems as well.

Secondly to Freedda. The quote you mention comes directly from the 'Materials' of the I Ching. The I Ching is giving a path of conduct for all - it's The Book of Law. It's not telling you not to do things it's saying work for the benefit of all. You have a mind (a horse) and one should know how to use it properly. It says of working for the whole as is a deep law of heaven that built the Earth as all parts built this mountain that rose up out of the waters. My first and unpublished properly book is the 'The Book of Divine revelations - the Judgement's and Law's of the Sacred Mountain' and this narrative also appears in Tibetan and Indian txts on the sacred Lotus - The Mountain and the Lake.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
To correct an error and reply to Freedda. Blessings.

Sorry for my error in saying 1 to = 6 to 64 as of course it's 6 to 54 = 1 to 9, so 5 = 30 and 10 = 60 form when the values of 1 to 9 are found, and then added together as the 5th Element in the Ho Tu. In the Hexagrams, when they are set into the natural 9 x 9, which as contracted 1 to 9 = 9s in all opposite positions so it's a Magic Square with central value = 9 = 45 and this 45 is x 6 = 270 and a total = 540 (the 270 gods and 270 demos said to set all things in motion as seen at Angkor).

This is the Trigram Sequence that is based on +6s, and all number single+double+triple = +6s, which then double into the Hexagrams as +12s, as all of the values run as pairing of all the 64 in each direction = an 8 x 8 magic SquareHexagrams or cubes = 384 lines with 192 light and dark opposite lines symmetrical placed across the 16 x 16 square manufacture by the Trigrams and Hexagrams, with 32 opposite hexagrams in a a binary expansion = 63/64 or 378 to 384 1 to 6 denotes the whole while 63 gives the possible binary divisions = 124875r. To understand the Ho Tu's direction on how to place the 10 Cyclic Signs together then all works to produce all pairing of numbers = 3s, 6s and 9s. This is now being claimed by VBM but is from the I Ching and many other ancient cultural systems as well.

Secondly I wish to say a few points to Freedda. Thanks for your comments we learn to communicate but some are much better at it than me. The quote you mention comes directly from the 'Materials' of the I Ching. The I Ching is giving a path of conduct for all - it's The Book of Law. It's not telling you not to do things just doing things for the right reasons, it's saying work for the benefit of all and use what have been given for the correct motives and outcomes. You have a mind (a horse) and one should know how to use it properly. It says of working for the whole as is the deep Law of Heaven that built the Earth, as all parts built this mountain that rose up out of the waters together and each whatever we might think of it has it's place and use - so kindness toward all of one's mind is harmony. My first and unpublished properly book is the 'The Book of Divine Revelations - the Judgement's and Law's of the Sacred Mountain' and this narrative also appears in Tibetan and Indian txts on the sacred Lotus - The Mountain and the Lake. All of my work is given as a free down and the link was provided above.

F

Freedda

... a few points to Freedda.
P mac, et al, obviously this is what floats your boat, so I'm not going to poke a hole in the bottom of it, at least for your boat. That said - and as I pointed out to svenrus - I find very little of value on the website or the readings that helps in my understanding of the Yi - and especially how this might help me in interpreting the hexagrams or in doing a reading. Instead, it more or less just confusing. And I don't see any value added in knowing how through algorithms and advanced computing that Hexagram F is related to Hexagram P.

However, you find this valuable, so I'll leave it to you to explore this realm.

David

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).