...life can be translucent

Menu

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
A friend's boyfriend recently proposed to her. So, I asked the following question:

"What would he be like as a husband for her?"

45.5 to 16

Now, the hexagram itself is a good one. However, the moving line is a bit problematic. I've given quite a bit of thought about what the answer might mean. Here's what I see...

It's the picture of a man who, although he's in a position of authority, hasn't quite been able to inspire the confidence necessary for him to do his job.

Is this man going to feel insecure in the marriage for some reason? Or...as someone here suggested in a thread about this line...will he make her believe in him? Will he handle all doubts about his abilities?

Or...is he not going to trust her? I suppose it could be read that way. However, my initial thought was that he was the one people didn't have trust in.

I'm not sure here. Any thoughts? I don't see it as necessarily an "OMG..whatever you do..don't marry this man!" kind of answer. However, it isn't entirely positive either...but does suggest that everything will go well after a few bumpy starts.

From what I've seen of the guy I like him. He's friendly, very personable, well-educated and hard-working.

B

blue_angel

Hi,

Before giving an answer, did you ask this question out of your own concern and curiosity? This is your question about him and their relationship? Who is asking the question and tossing the coins? Did she ask you to ask this question? Ect ect

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Either answer the question or ignore the thread. Thank you.

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Well....

I'm going to recommend, based on this reading, that she think twice before accepting his proposal. I don't think this is a man that can be trusted.

G

goddessliss

Oh that's upsetting, Blue_Angel is such a kind a thoughtful person when responding to threads. I understand her idea is only to help people understand what is really going on. - Liss

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
Hey. I think your final commentary on this is how I would perfectly sum this up.

Things will end up OK after some bumps in the beginning. As a matter of fact I think that the Yi is 'explaining' that the initial 'spark' will not always be there but once things are on a roll things will be all good. Nothing negative that I see.

In addition to this - the Relating Hexagram is also so beautifully apt. 16 - HESITATING. Thats how to approached the Yi, how you relate to this stiuation.

Ewald Berkers translation seems apt in this case :

45. Meeting

Line 5:

The group is in place.
Without fault.
It is not that the trust of the first day will always persist.
Aversion goes away.

A group has been formed. There is nothing wrong. Keep in mind that the trust that is there at first may not always be there. Initial aversion will be forgotten when one has gotten used to the situation.

Also, it would actually be helpful if you did give some insight into what Blue_Angel was asking. I have never done a proxy reading and am interested in doing one - want to know how this question was actually asked. Does she 'know' you are asking this question - do you have her express 'permission'? I want to understand if this is required. Did she cast the coins or did you?

Would love to hear from you.

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, kumarsahab.

Also, it would actually be helpful if you did give some insight into what Blue_Angel was asking. I have never done a proxy reading and am interested in doing one - want to know how this question was actually asked. Does she 'know' you are asking this question - do you have her express 'permission'? I want to understand if this is required. Did she cast the coins or did you?

Yes, she asked the question. It was her question.

However, one does not need anyone's permission to ask the oracle a question. We are free to ask about anything and anyone. Don't worry.

Wildgeese

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Liss and Blue Angel, I got to this thread tonite because I cast the hex. Just want to say how much I've learned from both of your readings and responses. Hoping to possibly post more than the once I have done so far on here.

Lettuce

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think we should all value the expertise of those who have experience in reading the iching and their time they so generously donate to us. This should not be under appreciated.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).