...life can be translucent

Menu

"Contradicting" Lines - 34.4.6 to 26

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yi to give me some insight and advice for the "next couple" of months. Very general. I do this every once in a while. I have a bunch of issues I am dealing with at the moment - so I can only speculate what the Yi is speaking about - but thats really not my question.

I received 34.4.6 to 26.

The 4th Line is very positive. Urging me do "power ahead".

The 6th Line is contradictory. The image of a bull / goat getting even more-stuck because its using more and more force.

So the option of the lines presenting different options is out of the question.

It doesn't seem like a time line either.

How do I interpret this one. The 4th line is the 'host' - I think. Does this have any practical significance?

And if it does, does that mean I should 'ignore' the 6th Line (though I really am not in favor of 'ignoring' anything the Yi says - I am not too fond of those generate-only-one-line methods either). Or maybe attach a significantly more importance to the 4th.

How would you read this one...

M

mirian

Dear kumarsahab,

I don't see any lines in my readings as contradictory. They might represent different stages in the same process, or even the same person acting in two different ways.

As for your reading:
34.6 - The stubborn, someone who wants things his/her way, and keeps forging ahead, regardless, needless to say, with bad results.
34.4 - Someone who is able to negotiate, capable of letting go if necessary, and as such finds no resistance, does not get entangled or stuck.

I think that it is either giving you a choice of how to approach your issues, for better or worse, or is showing you that your actions might not always be linear. One day you might find yourself being the goat and having to bear the consequences.:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked the Yi to give me some insight and advice for the "next couple" of months. Very general. I do this every once in a while. I have a bunch of issues I am dealing with at the moment - so I can only speculate what the Yi is speaking about - but thats really not my question.

I received 34.4.6 to 26.

The 4th Line is very positive. Urging me do "power ahead".

The 6th Line is contradictory. The image of a bull / goat getting even more-stuck because its using more and more force.

So the option of the lines presenting different options is out of the question.

It doesn't seem like a time line either.

How do I interpret this one. The 4th line is the 'host' - I think. Does this have any practical significance?

And if it does, does that mean I should 'ignore' the 6th Line (though I really am not in favor of 'ignoring' anything the Yi says - I am not too fond of those generate-only-one-line methods either). Or maybe attach a significantly more importance to the 4th.

How would you read this one...

I think it's important to look at the Yang and yin change patterns as they give the overall feel of what you are coming into the question with. Infact now I would not consider not looking at these patterns as if you don't you are likely to miss a message.

To find the yang pattern you just make all the change lines yang (and the rest yin) so here your yang pattern is hex 35. You are coming in to this time with a great sense of progress, and this is surely borne out by 34.4. There is the urge to proceed and you have been looked on with favour (yang pattern 35) so it's been like all systems go....up to a point. The yin pattern is the way through the situation and here, if we make all change lines yin (and the rest yang) then you have hex 5, Waiting. Happily this ties in perfectly with your answer of 34.4.6>26.

So in 34.4.6>26 there's all this stored energy (hex 26) which has taken you so far (34.4) but you are coming to a time where you will have to hold off a little (hex 5 yin pattern and 34.6). It's like you have been used to a certain sense of energy to carry you forward but you are coming to a time where you will be going from full throttle to more of just letting the engines turn over.

So to me the reading looks like a gear change in a vehicle. If this reading were a car on the road I'd say it had made great progress but had come to a junction where forging ahead without pausing to think of direction was not a good idea. The car doesn't want to stop, who wants to stop and slow down when you've been cruising along at high speed to your destination....no one does but you have to.

That's how I see the reading. Of course it could be that 34.4 hasn't happened yet. That you may find a time of progress and forward speed is yet to come...and then it's followed by a slow down as you seem to hit an obstacle(34.6). it's not an obstacle you just need to get out of gear a while to review things.

Actually that's how I see 34.6....go into neutral, stop trying to go somewhere for now. Turn the radio on, chew some gum.....ease off that's the message of 34.6.

But overall this is a powerful reading...lots of energy lots of drive...just be aware there are times to ease off as described

marcelomac

visitor
Reaction score
"That's how I see the reading. Of course it could be that 34.4 hasn't happened yet. That you may find a time of progress and forward speed is yet to come...and then it's followed by a slow down as you seem to hit an obstacle(34.6). it's not an obstacle you just need to get out of gear a while to review things."

There are more than one method to measure the time, I the one I use to use is the one proposed by Ricardo A. I think Luis did a translation of this method.

The hexagram 34 lasts 180 days; from the 3th of May to the first of November. The method says to divide 180 by 6 (hexagram lines) and youll get the date when any line start and finish.

You are going to live the whole hexagram, just only to pay attention in the change lines advice. Others seem not going to be a problem for you.

But you told the Iching "a couple of month" you will have to see the the first two lines (according with this method) or you can divide 60 by six and you get the time for each line or this is the advice for the next couple of month.

In my experience, six lines talk about how is the person, so is one advice for the whole hexagram and of course could means the person makes a mistake at the last minute, some how in this situation.

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your very enlightening inputs.

Trojan. Please shed some more light on these Yin / Yang "Change Patterns". I understood how to construct them, thats simple. I'm still a little confused about what they exactly signify. A little theoretical background would be most appreciated.

The way I am looking at this is that my Relating Hexagram is the energy with which I am approaching the Yi. I like to translate this as MAJOR RESTRAINT - a little more negative than the usual interpretations for this perticular Hex. A sense of being held back. I've experienced this Hex before in this way and if I am thinking straight, this is how I would interpret the Relating Hexagram right now. For me, its almost always (almost being the Key Word...wish the Relating Hexagram were that simple) how I look at the Relating Hexagram - my current energy.
Also, I don't think 34.4 has happened yet. I really don't. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for the break. Waiting to get untangled from some really large and complicated situations I am in right now.
So the way I am looking at it is that I will first get my big 'break' if i keep pushing. But then, as time goes on, I will hit a speed bump. Or maybe the Yi is just telling me to slow down by my own accord. Something to that end.

Marcelomac. I'm not a big fan of 'timing' - in the YiJing and the Stock Markets. There could be so many possibilities. Sometimes the Outer Gua (the upper Trigram) is taken as the external manifestation and the Inner Gua (the lower Trigram) as the psyche. In that case I would have to divide the "couple of months" by 3 and not by six - to time the external 'events'. Maybe we just leave it at 34.4 happening first and then being followed by 34.6...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Re change patterns see this http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2010/03/17/unchanging-hexagrams-and-patterns-of-change/ which I have taken this from

You can represent the pattern of changing lines in two opposite and complementary ways: by drawing each changing line as yang, and each unchanging line as yin, or vice versa – representing the change as an open space, as yin, and the unchanging lines as yang. The yang pattern (changing lines shown as yang) I find shows the ‘gateway in’ to a reading: it often captures the moment of asking the question in some way. And the yin pattern (changing lines shown as yin) shows the ‘gateway out’ from the reading, the way through and beyond it. It can show a way the reading might be put into action – and as such, it can be a source of advice.

'Gateway in' and 'gateway out' are as far as I have got. To me it's still an open question though how the change patterns impact on a reading. I'm still experimenting. The thing I don't want to do anymore though is ignore them as I think they are a crucial part of the cast and shed light on many or seemingly contradictory lines.

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Trojan, thank you for the references. I am trying to learn about this from as many sources as possible - then verify their consistency in actual readings.

In the meantime, no one said anything about the "Host" Line of a Gua. Does it have any practical significance? What does it represent?

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
Something very interesting.

I did this reading on the 5th March, 2014 - got the changing lines 4 & 6. As I specified earlier, I asked the Yi to give me an outlook for the "next couple of months" but with no particular subject in mind. There was a Life Changing issue (as mentioned earlier) I was encountering at that point but I did not specify the same in my question to the Yi.

Today morning I did another reading - this time asking the Yi for advice specific to that particular issue.

I received 34.1 to 32.

Are you getting my drift? As Marcelomac said above - 60 days ("couple of months") divided by the 6 lines is 10 days each. So could this be the Yi be showing me that I am still in this first stage of this 'situation' and it would be far from wise to act now - as is absolutely clear from any interpretation whatsoever of this Line. Maybe wait for another 20 days till I reach Line 4 - where it is clear that things would somehow work themselves out.

As I mentioned above, I am really not a big fan of 'timing' in my YiJing readings - but since this was a time specific query to start with - should I be looking at these readings like such or am I reading too much into this 'co-incidence' of getting the same Hex again....

marcelomac

visitor
Reaction score
Rereading my message I have to say something.-

The method I use only consider a day and a year. I always use a year.

According to it, the 4th line will be in August whole month. Sorry, the idea of dividing 60 in 6 parts was a bothched way of landing the your question with the Ichign answer. It's my fault, apologize. :duh:

So will be as follows.- :rolleyes:

First line -> May
Second line ->June
Third line -> July
Forth line -> August
Fifth line -> September
Sixth line -> October

Please, have a look here http://www.sorocabana.net/blogs/?p=226 :bows:

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Marcelomac,

Thank you for your response. I tried reading the link you sent me - but it was a little confusing the first time around. I will try to get a hang of it.

Does this also hold when the time frame of the question is quite specific - "a couple of months" in this case. How did you arrive at your calculation for August and isn't that out of the 'time frame' of the question?

Also, have you seen this method work for you in practical readings. An example would be most appreciated. This is something very new and interesting for me.

Regards.

marcelomac

visitor
Reaction score
Forget about my last post kumarsahab, sorry I was confused with the date. You can't apply a year because youll be "out of time"and this will be another history.

So considering the "a couple of months" and the Iching says that you are now in the first line of 34, Who I am to say another thing? So it might be not a "bothched way" but a good way of landing the answer in this case, as the time is concerned.

We never stop learning with this Iching.

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
You know what - only 'time' will tell.

I will get back to you with this one. Tell you exactly what happens - let it play out till the 5th May, 2014.

In the meantime, will someone please tell me the practical significance of the "host" of a gua and if a Line received in such a position will supersede other changing lines received.

Enjoy.

marcelomac

visitor
Reaction score
This is the method “Diagnosis” proposed by Ricardo A. or unless what I can understand about it. I have tried to make it short so I might have left something behind.

diagnosis 12.jpg

The general diagnosis is measured but if this is lack because the person only wants just the emotional aspect by instance, this would be measured.

Once you get the general diagnosis you do the emotional, working, etc. and after that all the questions related with this issues.

Why is this important?

It can be that one person meets someone and ask the Iching for a diagnosis for this possible relationship, the answer could be very good 17, 31, 32, 53, 11 etc. but if the general diagnosis or emotional is under 38, 39, 36, etc the relationship is not going work very good. But the person could say… Hey! I had a very good omen on it, what have happened? He might not know about these details in order to work out with them and solve the problems. Or it might be that the person is out of time because got stuck in his-her mind with an old relationship. If this is the case, the hexagram obtain (that is out of time) would be the issue to understand; once understood you can get other hexagram and see what happen.

The last “General Diagnosis” I did was on 6th august 2013 and I obtained 19.2.3.6 > 22. Under this sign I have done many questions about everything, health, work, spirituality and emotional. The period is 18 of March 2013 to 18 of March 2014 so the day after tomorrow I have to do everything again.

I have to say that this is a system to work with the time I use but I’m sure that there are others.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).