...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings - Hexagram 41

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My experience with 41 is 'giving up' limited thinking/beliefs, fantasies, illusions and making room for something new.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I once met a woman on the street that was trying to raise enough money to get to a town 30 minutes over to a shelter where she was staying. She was deaf and it was clearly hard for her to get by. She ended up missing the bus and I felt compelled to drive her. I checked in with Yi because I know I have a tendency to over extend myself. I got 41 uc. I decided to go with it. To give what I can which in this case was a ride.

At the end of the ride she asked me for money (by writing down her request on paper). I was a bit taken aback at her audacity. I said no. Yet then I felt compassion and I gave her some money. I walked her to where she was staying, which was connected to a gym building. Long story short I was moved and bought her a month's gym membership so she can work out again (something she used to do).

I went back into my car and once I started driving I had this feeling that I just over did it. That at some point I crossed the personal line between genuine giving and giving my resources away in a way that felt a bit self degrading.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arimoshe For This Useful Post:

Tim K (April 20th, 2016), steve (March 28th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well Arimoshe as I see 41, you asked the Yi "should I help this woman" and it said "you help other people to help yourself."

-LL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lavalamp For This Useful Post:

veavea (July 13th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked X doesnt love me anymore?
    and got 41 UC

does it mean yes or no..

i was asking perfectly neutral, without putting much drama - so i cant take it as "diminish your worries"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Perhaps you would post that in shared readings ? These threads are for sharing experiences of what a reading meant for someone, with hindsight, rather than offering interpretations on what a person's answer may mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny as I received 41uc when I asked whether I should purposefully get late to work tomorrow to avoid going to team bonding session as I hate it and it triggers my PTSD symptoms like nothing else... it doesn't feel 'wrong' it feels like a 'small sacrifice' and I will still need to see how I will feel with this. I tried plenty of times and forced myself to go to such activities (where u play games, talk about yourself etc) but it only triggers my fight&flight syndrome and its just on auto-pilot so no gain for me to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I received this cast today, after a gentle daily meditation where I did not do the full meditation I have set upon myself, but instead a simpler meditation occurred; connecting down into the earth, grounding, sending energy down, and then receiving earth energy up. Seems like a simpler smaller sacrifice, basic offering to me.

I found the latest full moon eclipse quite emotionally tumultuous, took some energy and strength to focus with all the anxieties and old emotions triggered. There were a few moments where I felt that I was going a bit insane! I have also felt very tired, and a sense of burdens, so much to do, so many people needing help, so much to walk through. In this context, the cast also makes sense; calming down after a stormy time, decrease everything, no need to feel that you need to give a lot to the world today.

It chimes with me re the moon starting to wane too; really, just flow with that, look at the tides, they are less intense, less high.

With so much clamouring at me, and I was attempting to find balance in my own self, I actually lost some items, some crystals and other objects. Some of the crystals fell after some chanting and drumming with a friend on a neolithic sacred site; a passage monument on the Hill of Tara; we have been concerned for a while for the safety of this monument. It is in a place which has a lot of visitors; there were footballers running up and down it, there is erosion up on the top (it is a mound, a passage 'grave' monument). It is one of the oldest examples, one of the oldest passage monuments in Ireland. So after a sense of initial loss when I realised later that I had dropped the crystals there, I then felt great peace, thinking "well I dipped those crystals in the well, I had an intention to protect the monument, the thought of those crystals being there in the grass actually feels right". Here 41uc also resonates, because, well, a few crystals and some drumming, singing and music is simple, it is not some great eco-warrior campaign, or big letter / petition writing campaign. however, I told a friend who is always on that hill about the crystals, and that if he found them, to actually bury them, or put them into the grass sod, with only a little chink out to catch the sun and moonlight. I know he'll go take a walk and look for them, and I know that he will also tell people, but there is quite a large disparate group of people concerned about this monument, from archaeologists to government officials to the more hippy healers and shamanic, the spiritual community (I am kind of in both camps haha!) and all the visitors to the Hill of Tara. So yes, here, a simple offering fits, 41uc, says yes, you have done enough, you have played your part in this, not much more is needed right now.
    I hope that is useful to people?

On a personal level, when I get this one, I often 'grok' it on a deep level; it often just says to me, yes decrease emotions, but also, yes soften it, you have done enough for now, the little simple things are the right actions that will show truth, just let the process carry you. It is like a cosmic "Shhhushhhhhhh...."
    'Everything is OK, not much is needed right now,the purity of what you offer from the simplicity of daily life is enough, light a small candle, feed the birds, take a gentle day'

I'm often relieved to see it, the lazier part of myself goes "pheww".

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

Alan Watts
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/alan_watts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EmMacha For This Useful Post:

Trojina (August 4th, 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2