...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings - Hexagram 42

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes that was what the programme was about...how the changes in tilt affected the earth.

Not that this has any direct link at all to 42uc, rather I was reminded of the cycle of blessing and decrease in 41/42 , especially the impact the winds have and thinking of the trigrams wind over thunder....and also thinking so far of our 42uc experiences which I sense have the need to be understood on a larger scale...as if we cannot see clearly from out perspective this great cycle of increase/blessing....

Well my experiences were quite different to Knot's but I feel both of our experiences sort of need a wide angled lens to get the drift of the answer.

That is merely my impression not a statement of fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"..So this wasn't a black/white situation "
    "... in big despair"
    "...at the end of a long fussy anxious series of questions "

I can relate to the above . Many times such situations ended with getting a h42 and sometimes , like knot had that " what a goofy question I asked in the first place".

had a row of questions because something didn't actual flow well re my study plan. I had to revise it because spending much time shifting from one book to another in order to cover different aspects of every concept. I guess it because I was kind of apprehensive as the material of the exams is not based on specific textbook.

The previous reading were talking about perseverance,yet wasn't sure if it was about the specific plan or about the general plan of taking the particular exam. Well, i think, 42U cleared thing up. I mean, Duh!!! ( yi was kind and Polite , lol ) It told the obvious but its the background of the situation that muddles the thinking.

42u, other times talk about the reality and sometimes not a pleasant one. Its a condition that has to be met for a change to occur and when involves other people there is not always a prediction for a positive outcome.

Trojan, re your 42 and the volunteer work, did your group of volunteers tried to inform them what other setting offer and how they work ? I mean where they open to suggestions? Was thinking if you had experience in other setting that could enrich them and by make it easier and more attractive to volunteer would benefit.

I understand your take and i agree , just , as I mention before, I wanted to see what others think when the matter involve other individuals and an external flow. Could be 42 only about us or sometimes might be read as a suggestion to open the matter and trigger a flow from the other parties ?

BTW on thinking of answers one often gets a sense impression to do with the trigrams....with unchanging hexagrams, no lines. these sensory perceptions seem stronger

Yes ! I have the same experience. Maybe its because we have only a hex to draw any answer so we are more attentive and use the whole repertoire of skills and tools available. in a combo, on the other hand , seems , of course , that there is a diffuse of attention. To some extent that happens with the "resulting" hex too. At least this is how I see it and during those "Unchanged Hexs" threads, I have notice that I treat unchanging and "relating" hex in very similar ways.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

Trojina (May 19th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've had as advice as to what to do about a relationship of enmeshed emotions. And that was two years ago and whenever i interact with this man I firstly only interact with him when i'm seated in my own strength ( ie. not calling him up out of neediness as i used to ) and relate to the best side of him, and he in turn does the same to me. Just recently, today even, received a supportive email from him. Which is so far beyond how we used to interact, this i omeone i've known for 13 years, and its only now a supportive friendship with correct frienship boundaries, and the good omen of 42 came today, so a two year turn around for that reading!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chingching For This Useful Post:

anemos (June 8th, 2014), ginnie (September 14th, 2018), Trojina (May 19th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, i'm processing as i'm writing so just realised that there is still a sense that it will keep getting better, so its an ongoing stae of 42, and good as long as the good is supported, etc and so on.

sooo Guest

I perceive that all hexagrams are conditional, but there are two which I experience as being especially so. The first is 42. Sometimes 42 may predict an increase; sometimes I am the one increased and sometimes I am the one bringing the increasing for another; most often it is both. Most importantly, Increase comes when both the time and I create the conditions for it. It does not come through being stingy, it arrives through magnanimous generosity. It arrives through correcting my faults and exercising my ability. It is not intended to increase me alone but to use my increase to increase other beings, be they human, animal, or even a garden, a wood shed, a warm fire. And it works in reverse too: by generously giving my abilities to someone or something else, I am also increased.

Time brings the potential for increase, as well as bringing the necessity for decrease. Decrease is emptying, increase is filling. Without emptying there is no room for filling. "The value of a bowl is its emptiness." The value of a filled bowl is emptying it. A full bowl of apples that is not emptied will only rot. Then neither the bowl nor the apples increase anyone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

Fern_of_the_woods (June 9th, 2015)

sooo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trojina View Post
    Anyone have a 42uc limerick ? Somehow I feel it requires a limerick
    The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
    Jane wanted to gain the rain
    so a barrel with her came.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

Trojina (May 19th, 2014)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Trojan, re your 42 and the volunteer work, did your group of volunteers tried to inform them what other setting offer and how they work ? I mean where they open to suggestions? Was thinking if you had experience in other setting that could enrich them and by make it easier and more attractive to volunteer would benefit.

Not really open to suggestions no. But it was not really that alone as I said there were other factors like their manager went off long term sick and nothing could start without him anyway, then one of ours went abroad and so on and so on.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

anemos (May 20th, 2014), ginnie (September 14th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    I perceive that all hexagrams are conditional, but there are two which I experience as being especially so. The first is 42. Sometimes 42 may predict an increase; sometimes I am the one increased and sometimes I am the one bringing the increasing for another; most often it is both. Most importantly, Increase comes when both the time and I create the conditions for it. It does not come through being stingy, it arrives through magnanimous generosity. It arrives through correcting my faults and exercising my ability. It is not intended to increase me alone but to use my increase to increase other beings, be they human, animal, or even a garden, a wood shed, a warm fire. And it works in reverse too: by generously giving my abilities to someone or something else, I am also increased.

Time brings the potential for increase, as well as bringing the necessity for decrease. Decrease is emptying, increase is filling. Without emptying there is no room for filling. "The value of a bowl is its emptiness." The value of a filled bowl is emptying it. A full bowl of apples that is not emptied will only rot. Then neither the bowl nor the apples increase anyone.
    This is how it was for me too. You said it with elegance

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fern_of_the_woods For This Useful Post:

Tim K (February 25th, 2016)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Last summer we had my grandson age 6 stay with us for a week. Afterwards I asked the IC how would he remember the visit and I received 42uc. I didn't know what to make of that - did it mean he'd like to Increase visits and come again or did it mean he didn't want to Increase visits any further? I was with him a couple of days ago and I asked him what he remembered most about our time together. He flashed a big smile and rattled off a whole list of good things - the rope swing, the train ride and getting to eat the whole Kit Kat bar! I was so relieved because my memories of the visit were all about the things he wouldn't have thought pleasant like his waking up at 3 a.m. the first night freaking out and home sick, and his not daring to eat anything I cooked all week except instant oatmeal.
    This seemed to me to underscore 42's advice that we create by what we accentuate and the advice to accentuate the positive.

I think it's significant that Increase follows 41.Decrease, and thus seems to be particularly advising that the way to pull out of Decrease is to focus on what's good.

Also, in my experience anyway, with 42uc there seems to be a sense that increase doesn't happen or show up immediately, that it's only after some time that the good surfaces.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rosada For This Useful Post:

Amber_Rose (April 24th, 2017), Tim K (February 25th, 2016), EmMacha (January 31st, 2018), ginnie (September 14th, 2018), Trojina (February 25th, 2016), veavea (December 10th, 2016)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

One from Nov 6th: Hillary Clinton's prospects for the election, 42uc. (A prediction rather than advice, for a change.)

Huh.

Notes/ possibilities:

At the same time I cast 61.2 to 42 for Trump's prospects, so the contrast emphasises the unchangingness of 42.

42 and 41 are a cycle. Maybe 42 unchanging has a 'where from here?' tone, and the most likely answer is 41. Increase as far as the glass ceiling, but no further.

Also, personal context: I wanted Hillary to win, so might the answers be meant as reassurance, that this result isn't the end of the story?
    The final, 'Reading Practice' module of the Yijing Foundations Course is ready for you!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hilary For This Useful Post:

veavea (December 10th, 2016)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast