...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hate and suspicion in 55.2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes...That's what I thought.

But maybe just enough light to see my way through it all? I hope so. I've signed on the dotted line now, so to speak.

Well, we'll see won't we?
    "Take the understanding of the East and the knowledge of the West and then seek." G.I.Gurdjieff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by topal View Post
    of course !!!!

irrelevant, but reading your post recalled some painting you shared here in the past. In many of them was a source of light while the surroundings were a bit dark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sounds like one of my old paintings from my artist days...Talk about a metaphor
    "Take the understanding of the East and the knowledge of the West and then seek." G.I.Gurdjieff

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tohpol For This Useful Post:

anemos (September 15th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes...That's what I thought.

But maybe just enough light to see my way through it all? I hope so. I've signed on the dotted line now, so to speak.

Hi, Topal:

You have just crossed the great river, it´s the begining of a war in which you will play the role of leader. The question is what sort of leader want you be. As Maria already pointed, maybe you are the light of guidance trought the darkness.

Based on Steve Marshall that holds H.55 is abour a solar eclipse over the Zhou capital (Feng) that was taken as good omen for launching the rebellion aganst the last king of Shang, I believe that the best literal translation (2) of the second part of 55.2 is:

PROCEEDING WILL GET SUSPICION AND ENVY,
    BEING RELIABLE AND LOOKING SINCERE
    (WILL BE) LUCKY.

Maybe applyable to the charismatic leadership that Zhous had. They faced suspicion and envy. They enjoyed a good personal image and had the communication skills needed for suceeding in the mission.

Wilhelm/Baynes said something about two personalitites, maybe speaking of Wen Wang (the Cultured King) and Wu Wang (the Martial King).(2)

It´s possible that you have both personalities.

All the best,

Charly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to charly For This Useful Post:

anemos (September 15th, 2014)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The glue that binds this all together is sincerity and reliability. So, keep to the program, don't overreach (no clown make-up and juggling). Just the fact's.

Nice, thanks Charly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have one 55.2 experience. I went to a hairdresser but arrived early, 30 minutes before the place starts, so I had to wait. I was the first there. Later when the hairdresser asked who was first I stood up but one customer immediately started yelling at me that she didn't see me there at all, and that I can't be the first. She was very hostile towards me. Even after another customer confirmed I really came first she didn't trust her and kept accusing me of lying. It was like I was invisible to her before, like the curtain was so big and thick that she couldn't see me... I don't know.
    It's not the end of the story yet. I really have no idea why but the whole time when giving me haircut the hairdresser was somewhat unfriendly towards me as well. Moreover she told me to pay twice as much what was on the price list. Because I didn't feel like arguing I paid what she demanded. She gave me a very nice haircut though.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kafuka For This Useful Post:

charly (September 20th, 2014), Tohpol (September 16th, 2014), Trojina (September 15th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The glue that binds this all together is sincerity and reliability. So, keep to the program, don't overreach (no clown make-up and juggling). Just the fact's.

Nice, thanks Charly.
    Hi, Topal:

Actually the keys are, I believe, 1) to have reliability, to be recognized as reliable and 2) to look sincere. Say, not any leader can be a charismatic one. Only power or reason is not enough without know how to take advantage of image. (1)

We use to see Wen Wang, the Cultured King, as a good person, learned and pretty peaceful. But he was who prepared the alliance to attack the last king of Shang Dynasty and who moved war against some strategic neighbors in order to get a stronger position first.

Charismatic leadership is by its own nature, DANGEROUS but GLAMOROUS, the reason why I've translated SUSPICION an ENVY as correlative negative emergents. (2)(3)

Yours,

Charly
    Rendered as: SUSPICION and ENVY.

(2)
    fu2 = to trust / to believe in / to inspire confidence / to be reliable // to capture / captive /
    Rendered as: BEING RELIABLE

(3)
    fa1 = self- expression / to show one's feelings //to send out / to issue // personal name of Wu Wang.
    ruo4 = to seem / like / as / if
    Rendered as: LOOKING SINCERE, seeming to express one´s true feelings, thinkings, goals, points of wiew.

Ch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to charly For This Useful Post:

Tohpol (September 20th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I came upon this thread after receiving this line regarding how to get through/get over bad relations with my ex- with whom I still have to negotiate because of a shared professional project.

I’ve found him to be so aggressively controlling and without consideration that I am very triggered, even debilitated when Ive tried to seek equity or hold him accountable for personally attacking me. My response to this has been to protect by going underground, complying with his terms, accepting the loss that comes with this, and strengthening myself in other ways that will allow me to express my truth at a later date- if such a time will come. I have tremendous rage, though. I find “hate and suspicion” to describe my orientation precisely. And I know that he also mistrusts me- has made a wager of writing me off. All of this is tremendously vulnerable as I struggle to
    emerge as an individual in our professional community of which he is a dominating figure. But I’m taking up the mandate- vowing to carry my own abundance with vigor as a means to move forward and move on. And taking up the mandate means stepping into my own power as a professional in our shared arena. Using my energy in this way- and NOT to risk further harm by seeking accountability from him. It’s a dark time, and I’m full of doubts about my value in this arena, but I believe I have something to offer that is strong and uniquely my own. I’m gathering myself in the dark, stepping out and away from his leering shadow, and possibly moving even beyond him, eclipsing him. Who knows? How dare I?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wondering For This Useful Post:

charly (January 31st, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both 55 and 34 have wood as the top trigram. The change ought to be in accord with fundamentals, not seeking for more. And according to the Nanjing rules 55.2(6) = 55.1(7). The Ten Wings commentary on this line reads,

'Though they are both of the same character, there will be no error:'—if the subject of this line seek to overpass that similarity, there will be calamity.
    It's not time to try and overstep your partner, and if you do the outcome will not be favorable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3